“Great location, clean rooms, and friendly service”

Courtyard Louisville Downtown
Ranked #34 of 98 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 15 June 2014

The hotel embodied everything I've come to expect from Courtyard Marriott - clean room and hotel property, friendly and efficient service, and a great location. Ravon at the front desk was more than accommodating and went above and beyond to ensure my stay was pleasant. I will definitely stay here again in the future.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Anna Marie F, Director of Sales at Courtyard Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Our greatest asset is our people! Our location is perfect for a downtown visit but without our wonderful employess, including Ravon, we would be just another hotel. Thank you for recognizing Ravon by name. We appreciate your business.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very comfortable and in a good location downtown louisville i enjoyed my stay beds are good staff is friendly i would go there again in heart beat they had nice indoor pool and gym and the rooms had kitchens snd nice tv and the couches pull out into beds

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank cableguy2531

We are happy that you found our hotel to be a comfy place to spend a few days away from home. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 5 June 2014

The hotel is clean, comfortable, and complete with helpful friendly staff. There is an airport shuttle, which makes getting there easy. The location is perfect for attending conferences at the Conference Center, just two block away when you go through the parking ramp to 3rd St. The only restaurant is a small coffee shop, but the limited menu is excellent and cooked to order. There is also a little store in the lobby where you can purchase breakfast cereal. If you buy yogurt in the coffee shop, you have a complete breakfast very inexpensively. There are also several restaurants within one block of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a view of the Ohio River
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Manycruises

Thank you for your kind words about our fine hotel! We strive to make every guests' stay impeccable. I hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the near future.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

This was a wonderful hotel! The location is amazing, right on the strip of restaurants, bars, and attractions, close to the trams, and close to 4th Street Live. The staff was the nicest, most helpful I have ever encountered. They would do anything to make your stay pleasurable. The breakfast restaurant was very good, and the price was right for everything. They have a tram to get you from the airport and back to it for no charge. This was one of the best experiences with a hotel I have had in a very long time. I cannot recommend staying anywhere else!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Anna Marie F, Director of Sales at Courtyard Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Thank you for letting us know how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We appreciate your patronage. Our staff makes this hotel a very special place. We are pleased that you found The Bistro to be delicious and priced right; that is an important combination! We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 26 May 2014

We stayed on Memorial Day weekend for a wedding. Immediately upon arrival at 2am, after a long delayed flight, I was quickly checked in, upgraded to a suite and settled in for the night.

The next morning, I slept in and enjoyed the soft but supportive bed with quality white linens. The room was immaculate with high end soap, conditioner and lotion samples. Upon leaving the hotel for the day for some sightseeing, the front desk staff was helpful in assisting me with any questions I had about the area. The hotel is conveniently located downtown, which is clean, felt safe and had many shops and places to eat.

Joan, a shuttle driver and front desk attendant was kind, helpful, funny, charismatic, and went above and beyond to make my stay enjoyable.

Here are a few examples of what I am talking about:

1. The kitchen was closed at 12:00 am when I returned from the wedding, but the bar staff happily made me a huge order of French fries.

2. Joan dropped us off and picked us up from Melwood Art Center where the wedding was held. This is outside her zone but she helped me out anyway.

3. The front desk staff coordinated all taxi needs without fail or mistake.

4. Every staff member I encountered was smiling, happy and thoughtful.

This hotel must take good care if it's staff. It shows in their attitude and demeanor.

Thank you Marriott for a great weekend!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank GannawayLaw

Thank you for your kind words about our hotel and staff. We work hard to provide excellent service but nothing can be accomplished without a wonderful and caring STAFF! Jone is such a genuinly sweet lady and it shows through her caring demeanor...I will be sure to let Jone know of your compliments! I am happy to know we were able to get that midnight snack for you...late night french fries are the best.

We hope to have you visit us again!

Reviewed 19 May 2014

My wife and I are from Louisville but we decided to get a room for the night just to escape from our teenage boys for some quiet time. The property is very nice, well kept, and clean. It is close to many restaurants and a nice lounge. We had a balconly room facing the KFC Yum! Center (Basketball Arena) and that is great for people watching. The staff is extremely friendly and accomodating. We have already booked another stay for a concert we will be attending at the Yum Center.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony facing the Yum! Center. Great for people watching.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Anna Marie F, Director of Sales at Courtyard Louisville Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded 20 May 2014

Thank you for selecting us for your "staycation"! We have such a wonderful city to explore.

We look forward to serving you again!

Reviewed 17 May 2014

The staff was helpful getting us the rooms we needed. I'll spare the details, but we'd had a very long, stressful day. When we arrived at the hotel I was so pleased to see such very nice accommodations, and at a reasonable price. Our room was prepared just as we had requested with two cribs. We were given a huge accessible room, and extra towels. It just seemed to me that someone put care into making sure we had everything we needed. I really appreciated the helpfulness of the staff, and the nice clean room. It made a terrible day much more comfortable. If you are visiting family at the Kosair Children's hospital I would recommend this hotel. It is less than 10 minutes away, and offers a family rate. Thank you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family

We truly have some of the friendliest associates here. I am glad that we were able to brighten your day just a bit! We value our relationship with Kosair Children's Hospital and want to take excellent care of their patrons. We hope the person(s) you were visiting are doing well. Thank you for your feedback.