“Will stay here again”

Courtyard Louisville East
Ranked #68 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 7 August 2014

We have stayed at this Courtyard three times in as many years during an annual trip to Louisville for a major car show. The front desk staff is very good, the rooms are clean and maintained, and the Wi-Fi was as strong as most other hotels of its' caliber. The wall thermostat was not accurate on cooling, but the system was quiet. In close proximity to many eateries along Hurstbourne. We'll stay here again next year.

Room Tip: Rooms up high (4th floor) and the other side from the front entrance are quiet. However, they are on...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Either Residence Inn or Courtyard, go to Residence Inns. RI have more space, bedroom, living room, full kitchen and a bath. You can see the TV from anywhere in the room, and the staff are more friendly. Stay at Courtyard East in Louisville last night. The gentleman that checked me in could need more training on guest interaction. He was no smiling, gruff, and was just non welcoming. I started to complain to him but he by his actions, had conveyed that he didn't care. He gave on information about the facility, such as the Bistro, pool, he just didn't care. Will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Go to Residence Inns!
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Luke M
Larry C, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear Luke B,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments regarding your recent stay and I sincerely apologize that you did not receive the exceptional service that we are accustomed to providing. Your opinions matter greatly here and I will address these concerns immediately with our team members. If there is anything else that I can do to help, please do not hesitate to contact me personally. Finally, I would like to thank you for your loyalty to the Marriott brands. I know you have many choices when choosing a place to stay and I really appreciate the opportunity to server you.

Larry C

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I have traveled to Marriotts all over the country in the past 25 years, but there is no concierge service that even comes close to this hotel. Carolyn seems to know everyones name and never forgets...and she goes out of her way to make me feel at home

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank wsimonz
Reviewed 22 July 2014

I stayed here for two nights recently and overall enjoyed my stay. The hotel was clean, the room was clean and they had a very nice outdoor pool area. We were on the 3rd floor so we did hear some noise above us but overall it was pretty quiet. The employees were all very nice and helpful. The two things I missed the most were not having a fridge in the room and the hotel not offering a free breakfast. I knew ahead of time there would not be breakfast but did not know about the fridge and that was a disappointment. It's a pain having to go back and forth to the ice machine to fill a small ice bucket. There are several other hotels in the area as well as places to eat. There is a Waffle House and a Bob Evans within walking distance.

Room Tip: I would ask for a corner room on top floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2014

My Family was having a family reunion on July 4th weekend, we chose the Courtyard Marriott Louisville East as our host hotel. It all started with the first contact from Jennifer Hamilton our event specialist; she was very friendly and helpful. I had never planned a family reunion and I did not know how to begin Jennifer was so helpful she took me through each phase of the process.

I had the opportunity to go and look at the rooms were we would be staying. My family is not that big and we had some seniors that had special request. Mr. Larry Carrico, Jennifer and the entire staff made my family feel so welcome and made sure that all their needs were met.

The cleanliness of the room and hotel in general, the professional staff I was blown away by the hospitality shown to myself and my family members.
The room rate was very acceptable to all of my family.

In all my travels I have never done a hotel review before but I believe that the staff of the Courtyard Marriott Louisville East deserves this one. Thanks again for making the Johnson Family Reunion a great success.

Best regards,

D'Shawn Johnson

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shawn J
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Spent one night here on a cross-country motorcycle trip. Impressed with front desk staff, overall cleanliness and maintenance.
But the fact that more than half the hotel rooms face onto the nearby I-64 drags down the rating of this Marriott property --by a lot. The rear side of the hotel backs directly on to the freeway traffic, which is steady almost 18 hours a day. My top floor room wasn't right at the back --halfway up the corridor--but the noise still prevented a sound sleep.
I've traveled enough to know the solutions --ear plugs, demand a room change, sleeping pill --but was just too tired to deal with the hassle.
So a caveat for this hotel: good enough, but your stay will benefit immensely from a request for a room as far as possible from the Interstate.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ron N
Larry C, General Manager at Courtyard Louisville East, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2014

Dear Gadman,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your recent experience and I am happy to see you were impressed with our service, cleanliness and maintenance. I want to sincerely apologize for the traffic noise that you experienced. I realize this is a concern for some but want to suggest that a large majority of our rooms offer a location that is not interstate facing and half that provide a beautiful view of our wifi enabled Courtyard Terrace and outdoor pool. If you happen to have any future cross-country plans that pass through Louisville, please contact me directly and I will personally make sure you get the experience that will completely impress you.

Thanks again,

Larry C

Reviewed 10 May 2014

Arrived for races on Thursday entered hotel met with very pleasant friendly employees welcoming us to their hotel .Had commemorative derby glasses with free mint juleps as we arrived .Spoke to Kim as she went around the lounge welcoming guests with a big smile.Front desk very well informed and answered several of our questions .Pointed us to several great resteraunts. Also spoke to Lisa who was bartending and was very friendly and had several tips for us about the derby.Fulfilled every need and made us feel right at home.Great location about 20 miles from Churchill Downs away from the crowds nicely located in a little mall with with several great resteraunts..Would return in an instant .Great job as a host for the big race.THANK YOU

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends