“Okay for Price” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #78 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Illinois
“Okay for Price”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2009

Purpose of my stay at the Rodeway in Louisville was to catch an early flight. I just needed a motel room at a cheap price with a decent bed and pillow. With that in mind, I would say that this Rodeway met my needs. Was not able to take advantage of the continental breakfast. Also, internet is not available and my flight left too early to take advantage of the shuttle that they offer. The front desk person who handled my check-in was friendly and helpful.

As far as cleanliness of the room goes, can't say it was dirty but it could have been dusted better. Just because the rate was half the price of other motels close by does not mean that I should expect dust along the edges of the furniture.

This motel is very close to the airport which was another reason I chose to say here, but the down side to this was the planes taking off during the night so it was not the quietest motel I have stayed at. However, I don't sleep the night before a trip and I expected this from other reviews I read. I would consider staying at the Rodeway again if I find myself in similar circumstances.

• Stayed June 2009
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2009

damn sorry excuse for a hotel ,dirty rooms, breakfast area dirty, dead bugs in rooms , when you have to ask for toilet paper you know your in trouble, other guest left to find other hotels (talked to 5 . 3 left) this hotel sucks, stay in your car if you cant find other hotel. oh did i mention the noise from the airport ,right under take off route all night long.
bad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Sardinia Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 January 2009

We stay in Louisville at least twice a year and usually stayed at the Exective.But since its gone we went a whole lot cheaper and was sooooo pleased! It was clean,comfortable,and had everything we needed! And we savd money on top of it! We had dealings with 3 different desk people and they could not of been nicer!! We have found our new place to call home when we are in Louisville!

• Liked — The convience, and the price!
  • Disliked — nothing really
  • Stayed December 2008, travelled on business
      Check-in / front desk
Newburgh IN
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2008

We stayed at the Rodeway Inn in Louisville on Phillips Lane for one night before flying out of the Louisville airport. For an economical one night stay, it was fine. The room was clean, spacious enough and comfortable, though the bed was a bit soft for my liking. It is very convenient to the airport. The staff was friendly.

• Liked — Location by airport
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2005

My family stayed here for 1 night - it was a terrible experience. The rooms were filthy - carpets not vacuumed, moldy shower curtain, bugs all over the air conditioner, chunks of food on the floor by the beds. The air conditioner didn't work well and we were hot all night. The hotel is situated with the airport on one side and Six Flags on the other, so noise was definitely a problem. There were a lot of college kids staying there - partying late into the night, smoking and drinking on the balconies. We were concerned about the safety of our cars overnight - the neighborhood was questionable. We did not even go to the breakfast - we were so grossed out about the cleanliness of the room, we didn't want to eat.

• Stayed June 2005