“Good value for modern hotel.”

Hyatt Place Louisville-East
Ranked #21 of 102 Hotels in Louisville
Reviewed 26 March 2013

The location is great and the price is great when booking online and using your AAA discount. Upon arrival, my wife and I were pleasantly surprised by the modern design of the lobby. The staff was very courteous and check-in was quick. Since we have a 17 month old child, I asked for a room away from any noisy teen groups and they easily accommodated me.

When we got to our floor, there was plastic covering the hallway which was a sign of the construction that was taking place (I was not previously aware of any construction). The room was nicely designed, spacious, and clean. There was plenty of space to set up the Pak-N-Play bed and allow for my daughter to run around. The couch was big and the TV was bigger than I'm used to in a hotel. I enjoyed controlling the TV from my Android phone with the LodgeNet App and it is cool how you can order movies that are still in theaters. There was a mini divider between the bedroom and the living room which gave a little welcomed privacy. The bed was comfortable but I personally didn't like the pillows. However, I had two negatives regarding the room. First, the bathroom is TINY. Seriously, you can stretch your arms out and touch the walls. Second, there is no microwave in the room which I found to be odd because there is a mini-fridge and wet bar. When I called the front desk about this, they said that the microwave in the dining area was available for guest use.

My daughter woke up just after 7AM because numerous doors near our room were being opened and closed very noisily. That sucked for all of us. We all went down to grab breakfast which included fresh (and frozen) fruit, continental items, hot sandwich items, and juices/milk. The food was not bad at all and their Starbucks coffee was very good.

I had a function to attend so my family stayed at the hotel with plans to walk to stores in the surrounding area. A few hours later, my wife called me because the construction crew was working which was creating a lot of noise and caused the dry wall from the ceiling to fall on our bed and luggage while making the room dusty. She contacted a manager who said that we would be able to switch rooms, but with our child, she wouldn't be able to move everything until I came back. I ended up speaking with the manager to express my displeasure regarding the construction. He understood and addressed my concerns and then JD came up to help my wife pack up and move. I sincerely appreciate how he assisted my family when I couldn't be there. Thank you JD! My wife and daughter then ordered room service for lunch. It had to be good because they didn't save any to share with me. lol

When I got back, I was glad that our new room was obviously away from the construction, but there were about six rooms with teens in them so I was a little apprehensive. When they saw our baby they respectfully quieted down and there were no noise issues that night.

We were all pleased to be able to sleep in a little longer and we enjoyed spending the day with family and shopping. When we returned later that evening, the teens were gone, but now the construction crew just happened to be staying in the teens' rooms. Concerned with the constructions issues we previously had, I inquired with the front desk regarding the new neighbors and was told that I wouldn't have any issues. Around midnight, someone was talking loudly on their phone in the hallway. I got up and asked them to be quite with no other issues.

We ate breakfast and checked out the next morning. Despite the obvious bumps we experienced, we don't regret our stay. The great staff, aesthetics, under $100/night room, and location balanced out the construction issue, no microwave, and no indoor pool. I would have rated it 4 stars if not for the construction issue, but as always, YMMV (Your Mileage May Vary).

Room Tip: Book online to get discounts and Hyatt Gold Passport points. Ask to get a room away from constructio...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family

Reviewed 20 March 2013

Nice hotel. Newly remodeled. I like Hyatt Places and this one was no exception. Rooms are comfortabe suites with sitting areas, refrig, microwave. Good for families row longer stays. The hotel has bakery, stocked bar, food 24 hours and breakfast buffet. The staff was friendly and helpful. This hotel is in a good location for travelers with lots of restaurants around. Would definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2013

Good Rooms with nice bed. Sofa bed for extra person. Bathrooms are tiny. Free breakfast with some hot breakfast options. Courteous staff who go an extra step to make your stay pleasant. Went back and stayed there one more time.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 February 2013 via mobile

So if you are a tired business traveler or just need a break from the road, you should jump off interstate 64 and grab a room here. The location is good and a Bonefish Restaraunt and a Carrabas nearby to name a few if you get hungry. The rooms are clean but after being a frequent traveler to this location over the last 5 years, they are starting to show a little wear and tear. The staff seems to turnover every few months but still warm and friendly and they get you on your way. Breakfast is included with the purchase of your room too. Not a bad place to rest your head before a meeting or heading out for the rest of your journey!

• Stayed: February 2013
Reviewed 19 February 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for a guys get away. Well I've always had good experiences with Hyatt Place in the past. This time they were doing construction and woke us up from sleep at 10 a.m. everyday to the sound jack hammers due to bathroom refinishing going on. I call down to the managers just to complain but was told it was nothing they can do.I found that answet to be unacceptable given the fact that I paid money to relax there. Who would ever think this was acceptable, on a weekend no less?? I wont be heading back even though the room was awesome.

• Stayed: February 2013
2  Thank BHar4555
Reviewed 18 February 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this property over the weekend on the way to a dance audition. The property was easy to get to, in the right location and price range. Upon arrival the staff checked us in quickly. In the elevator it was obvious construction was underway by the draping and coverings. Once on our floor we walked through hallways with carpet covered by plastic and arrived at our room. I have to say this was one of the noisiest hotels we have ever stayed in. We could hear the television in the room next to ours, even the telephone ringing, banging on the ceiling overhead and water running. It made it very difficult to get to sleep! Around midnight we were awakened by a man knocking on all the doors in the hallway and yelling HELLO, loudly. Our door was shaken and we were scared. Following the knocking a hotel employee came to check on the situation and there was a loud commotion in the hallway and things being moved out a room and the door constantly opening and slamming. Needless to say, we did not get much sleep! When I mentioned the ordeal to the staff member that checked me out the next morning, he apologized but made no adjustment to out bill. He did say they had had an incident on our floor the night before.

Certainly the hotel can not control the behavior of their guests but I felt the way this was handled was quite poorly. At no time did a staff member check on us to let us know what was happening. Traveling by myself with my daughter we did not get rest and were quite frightened by the events. I wouldn't choose to stay in the hotel again.

Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Dabs13
Reviewed 10 February 2013

We found this hotel to be very clean, staff very friendly and helpfull. There is currently renovation work being carried out, but it didnt cause us any issues. Only monir issue was the noise of the in room heater-Air con unit. I had to leave it turned off to get to sleep. Would stay here again

Room Tip: High Floor away from the lifts.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business