“I'm not sure how this hotel is getting great reviews???!!!”

Hyatt Place Louisville-East
Ranked #24 of 95 Hotels in Louisville
Houston, Texas
“I'm not sure how this hotel is getting great reviews???!!!”
Reviewed 30 August 2014

Check- in was quick nice front desk girls and lets see.......... That's about it.
My room I was there for a few days there was other people hair everywhere. In the bed on the pillows, in the bath on the walls just everywhere. SMH.

Non of the outlets in the room worked each and everyone was loose I could not charge my phone not near the sink. Not near the TV on the side of the sofa it's a big hole in that outlet.
That's not the worst part. Please make sure you check your sheets.

Breakfast I'm guessing the lady didn't feel like cooking I was up at 7am and they where 2 pans there but it was missing food. I don't know waited for 10min still nothing.

The last night I was there someone took there alarm clock in put it in the hall way unplugged and it was going off all night. All thur the morning.

I didn't like the hotel it was to dark I'm guessing this is Hyatt low end hotel. Ever brand seams to have them. I'm not going back to dark not clean no outlets.

However there is an Barnes and Nobles right in the back of the hotels with many restaurants near but I'm still not going back. Many other hotels in the area.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Kristine V, Director of Sales at Hyatt Place Louisville-East, responded to this review, 10 October 2014
We would like to talk to you about your stay to get more information so we can address the issues that you have stated in your review. You can call or email me at 502-426-0119 or email at Kristine.Vowels@Hyatt.com.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (50)
Chicago
Reviewed 28 August 2014

This was my first stay at a Hyatt Place property. I normally find a Hampton or Holiday Inn, but Hyatt Place was at the same price point so decided to give it a try. I was pleasantly surprised.

The room layout was the nicest difference. The sofa was partitioned from the beds, so you have a nice size separate sitting area to relax. The room was larger than a typical standard hotel room, however the bathroom is small.

There was a good variety of breakfast items to select from, although restocking hot items was slow.

Rooms were clean and quiet, staff was friendly and breakfast free. I plan to stay here again when traveling back to Louisville in the future.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
We are so very happy to hear that we met or exceeded your expectations for a first time visit to a Hyatt Place! Hope that you will continue to stay with us and other Hyatt Places in your future travels.
Bowling Green, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 August 2014

My husband, 3 kids, and myself stayed here for one night after the KY state fair. The king size bed was very comfortable & the kids slept on the sleeper sofa. I booked the night before and received a great deal. Complementary breakfast in the morning is great when you're feeding 5 people. The girls were all extremely nice and even gave us the choice of 2nd or 5th floor at check in. We chose the 5th floor and it was very quiet. The only downfall is there is no hair dryer in the bathroom and I did not pack mine. Overall, I would say we had a great stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2014
We are so happy that you and your family had a wonderful stay with us! Thank you for the comments about our staff. This was relayed to them at the staff meeting in September and they were all smiles. We are proud of our staff and continue to try to better ourselves to maintain a high level of customer service. As far as the hair dryer is concerned, they are standard in every room (but sometimes overlooked) they are normally in the drawer near the bathroom sink. :)

Thank you again for the comments and we look forward to seeing you again soon!
Bellevue, Wisconsin, United States
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I have stayed here 3 times now in the past 2 years with the family while en-route to other places. The staff is always great and accommodating. Kudos for making my daughter scrambled eggs last year! Spent another night recently and as expected had another great experience, keep up the good work! Hyatt platinum status also has its benefits.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevator, while inconvenient, are very quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
We are so thankful for your loyalty to Hyatt by being a Hyatt Platinum member and your comments about our staff and hotel. We do our best to better ourselves each day and I am happy to see that is not going unnoticed by guests. We hope to see you all again soon!
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 22 August 2014

This is a decent hotel that looks recently remodeled in a few areas. Rooms are high quality with good electronics hookups, nice tv, and shower. The bathroom itself was very small and the sink, too. We only stayed a night, but we'd go back if we were in the area.

The only complaint was that the breakfast items weren't restocked in a timely manner. We were in a hurry headed to a business meeting, so we didn't have time for some items to be put out. Our breakfast was mostly small cold items as a result. It's not a huge deal, but it keeps me from putting 4 stars on the experience.

All in all, it's a solid Hyatt Place.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you so much for the comments about your stay. We are glad that you enjoyed the rooms and amenities. As far as the breakfast is concerned, I apologize for this. Since your stay, we have made some positive changes to our staff to better assist with breakfast so I hope that you will stay with us again soon so we can show you an even better experience.
Aurora, Illinois
Reviewed 17 August 2014

Can't say enough how much we enjoyed this hotel! We called and were able to check in a couple hours early. Room was very clean. Loved that it has a separate place to sit and relax. Nice not to sit on bed all the time. Pool area was nice and well maintained . A few tables had umbrellas to sit under. Plenty of chairs to sit in too. Breakfast was included and filled us up! Hotel is in a very nice area and has plenty around it to do. We walked to a restaurant for dinner and stopped at Barnes and Noble on the way back. Nice outdoor shopping area a short drive away. Front staff was friendly and helpful with our questions. The toilet/shower area is small, but I did like that the sink and mirror area is separate so more than one person can be getting ready at a time. Highly recommend this hotel!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Thank you so much for all of the kind words and compliments you gave our hotel and staff. We appreciate everyone's input about our hotel and we do pass this along to our staff as we receive comments. Please come back and see us soon!
Corbin, Kentucky
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I have been staying at this Hyatt Place 3-4 times per year for the last six years. I love the layout of the rooms which is consistent with all the Hyatt Place locations across the U.S.in the cities that I have traveled. The only problem I have is that the rates have gone way up while the property has deteriorated somewhat. Rooms I used to get for $89 with my Hyatt Gold Passport at this location have now gone up to $139. I also used to get free stays after so many visits, and I haven't been offered one of those or told my points standings in over a year. The breakfast bar is very nice with great selections. The location is fantastic and helps me to avoid the downtown traffic, and parking is easy and convenient. Also, be aware, if you try to book a room for a Saturday night, they will most often tell you that one is not available unless you book the previous night as well.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Rick R
Thank you so much for your comments, we appreciate your views of our hotel so we can better understand our guests needs. As you stated we are in a great location and with that we stay very busy most of the time. With that being said, we do have rate changes from time to time depending on the demand so that is why you might see different rates when you stay with us. As far as your points balance, you will need to log onto the Hyatt Gold Passport site and make sure that your information is up to date so you receive the update emails in the future.

We hope to see you again when you travel to Louisville.