“Normal McDonald's”

Got a photo?
Add it.
McDonald's
Ranked #57 of 82 Restaurants in Madisonville
Description: Come visit us at 40 Ruby Drive in Madisonville. McDonald's is proud to have become one of the world's leading food service brands with more than 36,000 restaurants in more than 100 countries. Whether you're looking to start your day with a McCafé® coffee or enjoy a mouthwatering Big Mac®, McDonald's has a meal waiting for you. For deals, mobile ordering or nutrition information, download and register on the McDonald's App today!
Reviewed 25 June 2018

I had a "normal" drive-thru experience. Service was OK. Food was OK. The cheeseburgers were a little bit "thrown together in the wrapper", but that isn't unusual for McDonalds's from my experience. I did not go into the facility, so I don't know if it is clean, etc.

Reviewed 4 January 2018

I ordered 2 STEAK biscuits, but received 2 SAUSAGE biscuits. I took the order back and minutes later received 2 under-cooked steaks. My dining companion could tolerate one but I was sickened by the blood oozing from the meat.

On my way back to the counter immediately after having seen the meat, I returned one biscuit and requested a refund for one of the two steak biscuits. I watched the male cashier put the entire sandwich in a trash container. He then refunded me only the cost, not the tax. However, it was not until I had returned to my seat that I noticed I had not been refunded the tax I paid.

Approaching the counter, I saw two male cashiers who were standing there doing nothing but chatting. They speedily scattered away from me--one to the left and the other to the right. I waited for assistance. Finally a female came near and snarled, "yes?" I told her that I had been shorted the TAX for the one sandwich that I returned. She did not investigate to see if the refund had been processed correctly. She did not call the cashier who refunded the cost only but scampered away. She merely growled that whatever the machine said was correct. She did not inquire about a refund receipt, which I never received (because the cashier merely reached into the drawer and gave me the cost, but never actually processed a refund properly--which would have shown the tax amount). The female just kept insisting the cash register was right.

For the next 3 or more minutes she argued with me saying I was not entitled to TAX on a purchase. Without any research, she even falsely accused me of having eaten most of the biscuit. She began shouting so loudly that my dining companion, who had begun to eat the only remaining biscuit, came to see what was happening. The female walked away and had to be called back to the counter. She finally slammed down a dime onto the counter snapping angrily, "Have a good day." I told her the amount was incorrect and continued to request the correct amount. I had already calculated the tax. Apparently that female did not have the necessary mathematical skills to do so.

After more arguing, the female finally gave me the specifically requested amount, but not without more disgusting and unprofessional ATTITUDE. She slammed the remaining amount down on the counter and bitterly said the same thing as before "Have a good day" as she stormed away from the counter.

I did not leave the restaurant immediately. As I reflected on the deplorable treatment I had just received, I sat watching a few workers gather at the counter staring at me and chatting. I heard the rude female boast of how many accolades she had received in the past for work.

I reported the tax refund refusal incident to the McDonald's complaint department and received a concession coupon. Still, I doubt if anything will be done about that extremely unprofessional female. Her behavior exhibited a lack of common sense as well as a gross deficit in business sense. She carried herself as a BULLY. She should be reprimanded and re-trained.