“The Master suite”

Ruby Lodge at Spring Lake Woods
Ranked #1 of 6 Madisonville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 17 February 2014

It was fantastic. They helped arrange the flowers, the chocolates and our late arrival. I not only recommend the facility, but we will stay again. We are planning a group trip now with friends to the same location.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shelbyville3

Reviewed 28 December 2013

This is such a beautiful, quiet and amazing place. Situated right on the lake, it's very picturesque and peaceful. Shirley is amazing cook and a fantastic person. She made us feel right at home and cooked a wonderful breakfast. Beautiful property, amazing owner and the most peaceful place I've been to in quite some time, thanks Shirley, can't wait to come back and stay there again!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank jiml131
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Ruby Lodge at Spring Lake Woods is a diamond in the rough! When you walk through the doors you are surrounded with elegance and charm! My husband and I stayed for 4 nights for my Birthday & our 10th anniversary in the Doe room on the first floor. It was beautiful & quiet. Shirley cooked us special gluten free meals that were delicious! It is a very special place & very affordable! We hope to come back next year!

Room Tip: Downstairs Doe room was so convenient and cozy!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine673
Reviewed 27 October 2013

A welcoming B/B located near downtown Madisonville but isolated. Shirley and Joe are great hosts and very gracious and experienced. They make you feel at home. We stayed at the main lodge in the Doe room on the first floor. Joe and Shirley have additional facilities in a neighboring house(Lake House) and a Victorian house in downtown Madisonville. The rates are reasonable and comparable to some local hotels. We would stay here again when we are in this area.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2013

Our stay at the Ruby Lodge exceeded expectations. The property is beautiful, the room and bath were tastefully appointed and very clean. Shirley provided a first class breakfast and chatted with us about mutual interests and details of the property. We could not have improved the experience and hopefully we will have an opportunity to stay again. Highly recommend !!!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was traveling for work, and decided to try something unique for a change of pace. I was skeptical as we drove through a modest neighborhood to get to the property, but once we pulled in, I could see how lovely it was. There are 2 houses; the Lake House, where i stayed, is somewhat less formal, but both houses are charming. The setting is gorgeous, with a beautiful view of the lake. Shirley was very welcoming. I was the only guest the night that I stayed there, and I wish my visit had been longer. If I'm in the area again, I would definitely stay here!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2013

Review of Ruby Lodge

We thoroughly enjoyed our two night/three-day stay at the Ruby Lodge.

Upon first arriving at the property, I must admit I was not overly impressed with the front exterior of the Lodge itself. However, first impressions are not always correct. As soon as we entered the front hallway and had a glimpse of this magnificent home from the inside with the incredible views overlooking the large pond behind the property, it was love at first (second) sight! I promise you will not be disappointed.

From wonderful breakfasts made by the home's owner, Shirley, (a wonderful cook) to the choice of cucumber melon shower wash in the bathrooms, you will notice a lot of little things done well.

My favorite breakfast was the French toast (stuffed with cream cheese) and fresh fruit topped with homemade jams from the surrounding countryside.

We look forward to returning to the Ruby Lodge in the near future.

Scott and Sheila