“French Quarter very nice!”
Review of French Quarter Inn

French Quarter Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Maysville B&B and Inns
Reviewed 1 November 2012

Maysville is one of the prettiest towns ever!

They have planned carefully a magnificent museum, a clean city, good restaurants and the French Quarter Inn was a delightful surprise.

We had read we might hear a train should we stay on the River side there, but the view over the Ohio River was worth it! Everything was clean and nice and the breakfast was magnificent.

The absolute only problem we encountered is my spouse has serious allergies to smoke and the receptionist was smoking inside the building in the Lounge area, which must be accepted in some of the tobacco states, but which is a problem for us.
We would stay here again, but first find out the smoking rules.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 28 October 2012

I found the staff for the most part to be friendly and attentive. I did however find the condition of the hotel to not very good at all. There seems be a lack of detail in cleaning and updating the hotel. I have attached some pictures that show a very dirty hot tub and outdated television. I tried to take some pictures of the walls of my room but they did not turn out to well, but let me tell you they were dirty and nasty and had not been wiped clean in a long time. I also took a picture of the door lock that was broke!!!

It was ok for the night, but if I go back to Maysville I will pick another hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
3  Thank Chris40181
Reviewed 15 October 2012

This hotel is located in downtown Maysville. The hotel is a newer-looking building than many of the surrounding 'original' storefronts in this historic downtown setting. The hotel itself is a bit dated. As other reviews have stated, the owner's dog and birdcage are in the lobby, however I don't think this is a big negative - it just gives the hotel some charm. The room looked clean, but needed an update and doesn't compare well against typical chain furnishings at newer Hampton Inn, Holiday Inn Express, etc. The next time I am in Maysville, I will probably try one of the chains, but I'm glad I picked the downtown location for my visit this time. Overall, I rate the hotel average, but can't say that it isn't worth choosing if you want to be in the downtown area.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 July 2012

My two sisters and I took the only two connecting rooms at the hotel, which gave us two bathrooms, two mini refrigerators and two microwaves! The rooms were clean, the staff was very friendly, and the cookies at the front desk in the afternoons were delicious. As someone said, breakfast is not included in the rate. The cost was $5.95 for a buffet of eggs cooked to order, bacon and sausage, fried potatoes, biscuits and gravy, along with the usual cold fare. On the mornings when we didn't want to eat a big breakfast we went down to the restaurant where the nice lady at the restaurant would give us a cup of coffee (and refills) at no charge. The room had a coffee pot, but I've found that the room coffee is never very good. The breakfast restaurant has a very nice deck that overlooks the river.
I would have given the hotel five stars if it wasn't for the large bird cage in the lobby. It needed cleaning and gave an unpleasant view every time we exited the elevator on the first floor.
The price was very reasonable, around $80 with our AAA discount. The location is convenient to the Kentucky Museum Center that had the most amazing miniatures museum I have ever seen, the Underground Railroad Museum and other downtown restaurants and attractions.

Room Tip: 301 and 313 are the connecting rooms and either or both are in the center of the hotel with a nicer...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 May 2012 via mobile

French Quarter Inn-

I stayed here during the triathlon weekend and picked this hotel since it served as race headquarters for packet pick up.   The transition area was also set up just in front of the hotel which was very convienant.  The hotel itself is fairly nice, appeared to be clean, and the staff was pleasant.  There were some animals but I don't think you would have noticed if you hadn't seen them. The walls throughout the hotel are very thin and you can easily hear the occupants in the other rooms which wasn't a big problem for me. Breakfast is an extra eight bucks and the dining room doesn't open till 8am.   I was really surprised by this, since a lot of hotels are including breakfast in their nightly rates now.   But the 8am opening time really surprised me.   The hotel was full of triathletes who were up early for the race which made a 8am breakfast too late.  It seems that the owner would have recognized this and had made arrangements for the dining room to open early,   After the race I overheard another triathlete ask the front desk if she could extend her checkout 30 mins past the normal checkout time of noon.   The clerk immediately refused the request and stated the the owner was very adamant that there would be no late check outs.   Additionally, the pool was not in service during my stay.   Despite the temperatures in the 90's during memorial day weekend, they had not opened it for the summer yet.  Overall, I was left a bit disappointed by my stay,  the room was just average, and a bit noisy   The hotel could easily make up for its shortcomings by being more accommodating.    As it was, I never felt welcome at this hotel and it seemed that the owner simply tolerates the triathlon crowd rather than embracing us customers.   The French Quarter definitely has potential but next time I'll probably stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank kadorto
Reviewed 9 May 2012

This was a nice change from staying at normal hotel/motel. Staff was very nice, room was very clean. Will stay there again & recommend to anyone wanting to get away from the norm at a price the same as hotels out of the downtown area. There is a lot of history in the downtown area.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2012

A lovely boutique hotel situated in the Historic Distric of Maysville. The staff goes out of their way to be accommodating and can be trusted to recommend not only good food but also places to visit. Don't miss the Miniature Museum on Sutton. The Pub is also a good place to spend an evening.

Room Tip: The suites are worth the cost.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank 524,629
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maysville
2 mi away
#3 of 4 in Maysville
Hampton Inn Maysville
Hampton Inn Maysville
#1 of 4 in Maysville

Been to French Quarter Inn? Share your experiences!