“Left without staying” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Winstay Inn and Suites

Winstay Inn and Suites
Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Maysville

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Wheeling, West Virginia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2012

The staff who where wearing pajama pants !!! at the bar/ restrestaurant rufused to wait on us even thou we were the only ( outsiders ) there. Even when I politely asked, They just stared at us until We finally had to leave and find somewhere eles to eat .
The bar had a band which was so loud!!! we had to move to a room around back,
I will say the lady at the front desk was very nice.
but the rooms where not very clean.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Ohio
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2012

Traveling 26 weeks a year, I have stayed in some pretty awful hotels. I really can't remember any WORSE than this one. The selection of hotels in Maysville, KY is pretty limited that's how I wound up in the Days Inn. At first glance it doesn't look too bad. It would appear to be a truckers hotel but I would advise even the truck drivers would be better off staying in their truck and saving their money. The carpets were filthy, the curtains ratty the bed did not have a fitted sheet on the mattress just a top or flat sheet that didn't cover the stained and broken down mattress. If you're in Maysville and can't find any other hotel, sleep in your car at the Walmart, this place is REALLY that bad.

Room Tip: To secure a good room, stay somewhere else
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank digger-ace

Travellers are raving about these Maysville hotels

Seattle, Washington, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2012

We stayed at this hotel while attending a wedding. When we got to our room, the first thing that we noticed was that the room had a nasty odor. It smelled musty and moldy and when looking around the room, it was clear that there had been water damage to the walls and ceiling. The mold triggered my husband's asthma and he had an attack. After propping the door open to air the smell out, the next thing that we noticed is that the room was not clean. There was stuff all over the carpet and the bathroom had hair and God only knows what else in it. The next morning, we got on the elevator and there were blood smears on the floor outside of the elevator and on the elevator walls.and when we spoke to the person at the front desk, she stated that yes they were aware of the blood, yet it had not been cleaned up. There was a housekeeper standing a few feet away while we were discussing the blood who also made no effort to clean it up. This is the worst hotel I have ever stayed at and I will never stay there again, nor would I recommend it to anyone else. If I were the owner of this business, I would be ashamed to let anyone stay in one of those rooms!!!!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Dawn L
Stamping Ground, Kentucky
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2011

where should i start..my family comes to maysville every labor day weekend because they sponsor the car show for augusta heritage days...they have done this for 19 years and have stayed at this roach motel for most of those years even when it was a ramada..why keep staying?? my mother is from the old school..tries to be faithful and they offer truck parking..we have a semi truck and trailer...with that being said this year was as bad as always and probably a little worse and we as a family will not be staying there any longer...upon arrival the never friendly staff are rude to my almost 70 year old mother who this year had reserved four rooms for two nights..down from the usual 8-10 rooms because no one wants to stay there anymore. we had 136,138 which was changed to 301, 112 and 114..i received the keys for 136..well well to no surprise walked in room was filthy but it was to be expected, however after several issues and a rude desk clerk named erica i fully expected when we returned on sunday night after a long day that the room would be a little cleaner.....NOPE...didnt do a thing but make the bed....so here are a few of the many disgusting things about this room...had to pull out the night stand to plug in the light and found years worth of cigarette ashes, finger nails, m&m's..boogers on the wall..need i say more...bathroom ..hair everywhere..toilet nasty..tub filthy and rusting...1/2 roll of toilet tissue and 2 towels..probably not even clean...handprints on the doors from only lord knows how long..carpets not been vacuumed in ages..when i asked the lady at the desk to come look at the room so she could see what im talking about she told me no..she couldnt leave the desk..she did offer another room, but as experience has been they are all gross as were the other 3 we had so why bother moving my stuff for the same thing...thank god for clorox cleaning wipes which is what i cleaned the bathroom with and flip flops to shower with and because of this filthy place we always bring our own blankets...now when this lady who by the way has been there for several years knows we come there every year and is the only friendly one we have encountered tells me i can contact the manager tuesday because its doubtful she will be working the holiday i tell her obviously i will as well as contacting the BBB and wyndham..only then did she call when i got back to the room and tells me the manager offers to give 1/2 the money back for this one room for this one night...what nice gesture...lol...the lobby is a trick it is beautiful..the rest should be condemned and my family will never be back...19 years of coming to the roach motel and there will not be the 20th....Im quite sure Super 8 or Hampton can accomodate a big truck at a lot better price with a lot cleaner facility..couidnt be worse...signing off to make reservations for next year now...STAY AWAY FROM THIS HORRIBLE PLACE!!!!!!! number 4 on trip advisor...wait isnt there ony 4 hotels in maysville..interesting....you should be ashamed days inn..I did take pictures of this filthy mess and will be forwarding them to the BBB as well as Wyndham and whoever else needs them

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
6 Thank lisa d
Cumming, GA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed at this Days Inn on our way to Ohio. The room was neat and clean. The bed was comfortable. The room price was reasonable.The hotel is pet friendly. The free breakfast was nothing to write home about. Nearby Tumbleweeds restaurant was a good choice for dinner or you can dine on the river downtown.

Room Tip: A pool side room is preferable.
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
Mansfield, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2011

I was very comfortable and had a great night's sleep. My room was clean, the grounds are very nice and relaxing, as was the pool and pool area. The bed was very comfortable. The staff went out of their way to help me with whatever I needed and seemed very knowledgeable about the surrounding area. Very good internet access. I will definately stay there again.

Room Tip: Comfortable and the price is right!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank kelticqueen
Also consider these accommodations in or near Maysville
Quality Inn
#1 of 4 in Maysville
French Quarter Inn
French Quarter Inn
#1 of 4 in Maysville

Been to Winstay Inn and Suites? Share your experiences!