“Relax in Midway Ky”

Scottwood Bed and Breakfast
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Midway
Scottwood Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Midway B&B and Inns
Reviewed 10 February 2013

Needed a couple of days get away that was close to home. Love Midway Ky with the lovely horse farms and charming downtown. Scottwood B & B had a cottage with a wood burning fireplace which is why we chose it. Annette and Tim were wonderful hosts, who aimed to please. The cottage was very cozy with skylights and a wall of glass doors to a huge deck overlooking grassy area along Elkhorn Creek. The cottage had plenty of room with a comfy bed and seating for reading a good book. The loft had a single bed and small desk. So close to Lexington and Midway for wonderful restaurants. My only complaint was that they didn't have much firewood, but we managed. Both mornings the breakfasts were very good and very filling. This is a lovely b and b.

Room Tip: The cottage gives you the most privacy and space, but the upstairs rooms in the house would be great...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Debbi C

Reviewed 10 October 2012

My husband and I took a trip to Lexington and decided to stay in Midway to get some country air (we're from San Francisco). I really feel that our trip was more enjoyable staying at Scottwood. Not only was the location prime but our stay was very comfortable, like going home for the holidays. We stayed in the Shaker Suite which takes up the entire second floor.
Tim and Annette had loads of recommendations for us. We ate so good while we were there. The trip would not have been the same had stayed somewhere else. Tim and Annette were great hosts and served a wonderful breakfast. If B&B's are your thing I would highly suggest staying here.

Room Tip: If you are a sensitive sleeper like me, choose the Carriage house or the Shaker Suite, both are very...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Maryann R
Reviewed 26 April 2012

So glad we decided to stay here during an Equine Overnight trip for our daughter at Midway College. Carriage House was just perfect. Quiet, lovely, and extremely charming. It had all we needed to be comfortable. Annette's homemade breakfast which is included in the rate was exceptional. She made us feel so pampered and special during our stay. We wish we could have stayed longer and hope we will be able to return soon. Would definately recommend to others.

Room Tip: Carriage House for ultimate privacy buy I'm sure any room would delight!
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank tcarroll21
Reviewed 10 November 2011

Definitely one of the best places I have ever stayed. Spending time at Scottwood is incredibly relaxing, the bedrooms and the living rooms were so comfortable I didn't want to leave and the surrounding countryside is gorgeous. In addition, Annette's breakfasts are unsurpassed. The location is very convenient for both the Woodford Reserve and Keeneland. A really special B&B I would recommend without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank Travel_Lover131313
Reviewed 31 July 2011

The minute you arrive at Scottwood you are treated as an honored guest. Lovely rooms, good location, gracious hosts and a fantastic breakfast. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2010
1  Thank eventersmom
Reviewed 4 April 2011

I absolutely loved this B&B and felt completely at home. It was immaculately clean, well decorated, extremely comfortable. The proprietors were very friendly. The grounds were beautiful. I traveled with my two daughters and they loved the yard, right by a river. The home had lot's of personality, plenty of places to sit and read, and the feather bed was a hit. The food was incredible...just perfect. I want to visit this area again...lot's to do in a short drive of Scottswood. I'll be back!

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Focusyogi

Been to Scottwood Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!