“Would keep driving next time”

Hampton Inn Morehead
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Morehead
Reviewed 12 June 2011

We were not impressed with this Hampton Inn. Have stayed in Hampton Inn many times in many different locations. This was the worst one we have stayed in. Staff was not overly helpful. There were not many selections for breakfast. What turned me off the most was the employees smoking right outside the front entrance at 8:00 in the morning with many people leaving.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family

Reviewed 12 October 2010

My family stayed here over Labor Day weekend for a wedding. Hotel is very new-- everything is modern and very clean. Bedrooms were nicely furnished, bathrooms were large and well equipped. The breakfast area is very spacious and the spread at breakfast is plentiful and varied. This is obviously not a luxury hotel, but is one of the nicest 3-star hotels I've stayed at. Has everything you need for a comfortable stay.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank travel97
Reviewed 10 October 2010

This Hampton Inn is only 2 years old, and everything is in great shape. Rooms and bathrooms are large, the fitness room is well stocked with machines and barbells, and the indoor pool is huge---great for swimming laps. Continental breakfast was better than most. Staff very friendly, helpful, service-oriented, knowledgeable. Large flat-panel TV's in rooms, and plenty of cable channels.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank KenCaldwell
Reviewed 6 August 2010

This hotel does seem to strive to make itself the best around. Plush carpets, dark wood furnishings, soft warm beds. In fact I was on the phone as I walked into my room and had to stop midsentence to gaze in awe at the great deal I had found. I typically make Hampton inn my mid range hotel of choice, but this was equitable to a suite found in many upscale resorts. The room is that beautiful. The front desk attendant was extremely helpful and friendly, making both the check-in and check-out process professional and expedient. Only two details marred this great night. First, the WiFi was the slowest I've seen in a Hampton inn. Around 2 kb/s download. A minor detail to be sure. However, my other fault kept me from getting a full nights sleep and keeps this hotel from receiving five stars from this reviewer. The parking lot security lights are extremely bright, and while this is great for peace of mind for my car, they shine directly in the window. The only curtains they had to protect against this were paper thin and did nothing to dull the light. They had dark, thick drapes framing the window, but there was no way to pull them together to block out the light! Aside from these few discrepancies, this is a very fine, clean hotel.

1  Thank some1new00
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We were searching on our Blackberry's to find a nice hotel while traveling back to Northern Kentucky from West Virgina. I came across this Hampton Inn and thought we'd check it out. Normally we only stay the Holiday Inn Express, but the price was CRAZY this time around. I am SOOOOOO HAPPY we have this hotel a chance! The hotel looked pretty new and I was blown away when we saw our room. Everything was very modern and I felt at home. And as for the breakfast WOW! This was more than I thought a "FREE" hotel breakfast could ever be, I recommend this hotel to any in the area HANDS DOWN!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kchickx
Reviewed 25 April 2010

We've stayed at the Holiday Inn Express, Quality Inn and Hampton Inn in Morehead. We won't stay at Quality Inn again because you get what you pay for. We like Holiday Inn a lot, but Hampton Inn was just a bit nicer. We liked the delicious cookies in the lobby and the AWESOME breakfast included in the room price. The staff was very friendly and accommodating (we asked for 3 wake-up calls in one day) and the gentleman keeping the breakfast food stocked was great. He didn't let a single thing run out. We will definitely stay there again!

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank TiffySunshine71
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Nearly brand new hotel, very pretty and clean. Located close to I-64 yet very quiet. Nice breakfast area yet food tasted bland and favorless.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morehead
Best Western Eagles Inn
#5 of 7 in Morehead
Carter Caves State Resort
Carter Caves State Resort
#1 of 1 in Olive Hill

Been to Hampton Inn Morehead? Share your experiences!