“Much Improved from 2013”

Hampton Inn Morehead
Ranked #2 of 7 Hotels in Morehead
Reviewed 26 June 2014

This motel was much cleaner than when we stayed previously in 2013. I want to complement them on a clean neat property. The breakfast was well done. The room was clean. One little irritation, not a real problem, something was not right with the shower sliding door, one had to lift it to move it rather than it rolling as it should have.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Hampton Inn Morehead

Reviewed 15 June 2014

My family and I travel a great deal, and one of the better hotel chains that we rely on is Hampton Inn. It's usually clean, fairly nice and comfortable, and offers a good breakfast.

The Hampton Inn in Morehead has those same characteristics.

However, when my family and I first went up to our room on the third floor, we noticed a smell. We figured some folks down the hall were smoking in their rooms, or something of that nature.

After returning from dinner, we smelled it again. Same odor.

We didn't think much of it until the following morning, when each family member mentioned upon awakening that they had a funny taste in his or her mouth. So did I. In fact, within a couple of hours, my throat felt raw. It was as if I had been in a smoky tavern for hours.

I mentioned it to the desk clerk upon checkout. He stated that our room and others surrounding it had been smoking rooms up until a couple of months ago, when it was "converted" to a non-smoking room. I told him that my family and I are sensitive to cigarette smoke, and that my wife is allergic to it. He simply said, "Sorry."

I really expected a better response.

I might mention also that this hotel is hard to get to. And, it's just off the interstate, but try finding a decent restaurant within a couple of miles.

Room Tip: Unless you smoke, DO NOT stay on the third floor.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Robert H, General Manager at Hampton Inn Morehead, responded to this reviewResponded 18 June 2014

I am sorry you didn't have a great experience while staying here at the Hampton Inn Morehead. We have converted 4 smoking rooms to nonsmoking but unfortunately they are still next to the smoking area which from time to time...especially on the weekends are used more and causes more of a smell out in the hallway. I am sorry you weren't told about this before you stayed.

Thank you for the positive comments you gave us...and I assure you that when we are due for a complete renovation I am going to make this a total nonsmoking hotel.

Reviewed 15 June 2014

Its an ok hotel.It served it's purpose for a night sleep.But it really needs an upgrade.will not stay here again because of the standard i am use to given by the hampton inn.Also one elevator.friendly staff though !!

1  Thank Melinda R

I am sorry that you believe our hotel is not up to par. We do have some knicks and bruises but overall I feel we still are the best and nicest hotel in Morehead. We are going to be getting some wall paper replaced soon and some of the bathroom tiles replaced that are cracked.

I hope you will give us another chance in the future, but if not, please continue to visit Hamptons, it is a GREAT hotel chain.

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Had a wonderful stay while our son checked out the University. I normally don't stay at non-full service hotels but was very surprised and impressed with this Hampton Inn. The staff was very helpful and always smiling as well.

Reviewed 10 June 2014

Wonderful experience, as always! The hosts are always willing to go above and beyond. They are Awesome!! I have not had a problem in the 4 times I've stayed there. This is the only hotel I would stay at any time I am in the Morehead KY area.

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel was very clean. The room, accommodations were very nice in size, appearance and cleanliness. Complimentary internet access was easy. The complimentary breakfast was quite good. The hotel staff were readily available and answered questions and good to provide assistance.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I think this is your best choice in Morehead, KY.

Clean rooms, good staff, standard Hampton breakfast. Cookies given out at night.

My only negative comment is the building itself. Though new, it shows signs of being built on the cheap.
- Not much noise control between rooms and between floors. (Luckily, my neighbors got quiet after 10:00 PM)
- Bathtub squeaks as you step around it while showering.
- Bathroom door not square with the door-frame. Door got stuck and need muscle to open and close.

The hotel was easy to see, but hard to drive to. You have to drive through a gas station and onto a driveway-like road going up a steep hill. There is a Cracker Barrel nearby, so there are *lots* of cars and no apparent rules-of-the-road. I wish access to the hotel was better,

Notwithstanding all this, I will stay there again.... and drive carefully.

Room Tip: Get a room on the top floor so you don't hear footsteps over you.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morehead
Best Western Eagles Inn
#5 of 7 in Morehead
Carter Caves State Resort
Carter Caves State Resort
#1 of 1 in Olive Hill

Been to Hampton Inn Morehead? Share your experiences!