“Family Vcation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Morehead
Twin Knobs Campground
Prestonsburg, Kentucky, United States
“Family Vcation”
Reviewed 30 April 2013

My husband and I stayed with our children last summer and had an excellent time! everyone was friendly. It was clean. No loud noise. The water was fun on our boat and the beach was the girls favorite place. Our girls loved it and so did we! We plan on returning this year too!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
6 Thank RachelMckMaynard

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Cincinnati, Ohio
Reviewed 23 April 2013

We spent four nights camping and fishing here, April 18- 22 2013. We had read some negative comments but they were so UNFOUNDED. The campgrounds were very clean and well maintained, Thousand Trails are the new operators & they go out of their way to be friendly & helpful. The bathrooms and shower are modern for a campground, these areas were cleaned every couple of hours. There is nice blacktop area to park on and then a gravel pad to park your camper. This area had a drainage system underneath it so even if it rained you stayed dry. Although we never caught one fish, the terrain was beautiful and I definetly want to return again. Sherri & Steven

• Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
5 Thank Sherri-Steven
Reviewed 21 October 2012

The campground is well maintained and the hosts are very friendly. I saw hosts keeping the campsites clean as well as the fire rings. The new rest rooms are clean with hot showers. this is 1 of the best campgrounds I have visited. I will be visiting this campgrounds again.

• Stayed September 2012
2 Thank Donaldg01
Sidney, Ohio
Reviewed 11 June 2012

We spent 3 nights again, June 7-10, 2012. Lake level was back down to around normal. Water temp cool, but refreshing. Water was crystal clear in most areas. We could see the bottom in 8-10 ft. of water. Great lake for the jet skis. The lake wasn't too busy. We stayed in Loop H, same site as last year. Lots of shade throughout the day helped keep the tents cooler. The campgrounds were clean, and bathrooms remodeled since last year, with family style facilities, Showers and facility privacy were so much better. Campground was quiet overall, and the weather was perfect. Cool nights, warm, sunny days. We will be back again.

Room Tip: Only some sites are reservable online.
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank JeffryS
Indiana
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Stayed @ Twin Knobs Campground April1 to April 4 with our Grandson. Upon our arrival there was not anyone at the front gate but that was not a problem as we just went into area "J" and selected a location. This was a double site as we had a boat, camper and car. the double site was very convenient for our situation. The Camp site was quite falt with two picknic tables.
Every camp site had been totally cleaned of trash and leaves before our arrival. All the roads and sidewalks had also had all the leaves blown off of them.
Bathrooms and showers were modern and clean. But it appears that there could have been additional showers, there was only one for male and one for female.
While I was concerned before our arrival due to a bad review, I found the camp extremely nice and would return.

Room Tip: Area "J" is the closest to the boat ramp if that is of interest. No permit required if you...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank PapawMax
Carlisle, Ohio, United States
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Ive gone to to this camp ground since I was 4 yrs old i'm now 25 and it has changed in the worst way possible in the last 5 or so yrs. I didn't go for a few yrs until last yr and it sucked.
Use to you could pick your own campsite-we camped in the same site every yr all my life- UNTILL last yr, you can NO LONGER pick ur own site. I'm all about leavin nature alone- Not them- you use to be able to walk down to the water where ever you wanted now you have TRAILS to get to the water cause they decided to surround the lake with Rocks you can't walked down, there use to be a deck on top of the overlook mountain where you could have picnicks and take pictures and hangout but not since they tore it down now you jus go and stand ontop of a mountain- What Fun- We use to take family walks when it started gettin dark to see all the deer, I didn't see 1 deer last year compared to the 50-60 we use to see evertime we went, Ive never been so bored on our family camping vacation in all my 21yrs coming here. AND O MY GOD THE BATHROOMS- What is up with those? THEY FLOOD- the floor dont even have a SLIGHT slant in it to keep all the water from the shower from flooding the hole bathroom there's no dry place to stand when u get out of the shower-Dont Put Your Bags In The Floor-. I was 9months pregnant when I was there Oct last yr and I was so excited about takin my son there this yr for his first time NOT AFTER my stay last yr, we will find some place else to start a Family Vaction. They have absolutly taken all the fun out of me coming to this campsite again.

Stayed December 2010, travelled with family
7 Thank LaTanya W
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed 26 September 2011

The best camping spot we have found so far. Beautiful with private spots. Very friendly camp hosts. We will definitely be back!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
5 Thank AngieS2
Also consider these accommodations in or near Morehead
Best Western Eagles Inn
Natural Bridge State Resort Park
Carter Caves State Resort
Carter Caves State Resort
#1 of 1 in Olive Hill

Been to Twin Knobs Campground? Share your experiences!