“Clean but needs updating.”

Comfort Inn and Suites
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Mount Sterling
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Stayed here last night when driving from NYC to Nashville. Had originally booked a king room, but when I decided to use my Martiott Rewards points to pay for the stay, they said they only had a room with two doubles available so I switched to that.

Checked in around 9:30 pm after a long day of driving and when I went to my room, found that the toilet wasn't working. I called the front desk and the guy working the front desk said he would be right up to check it out. Yes, the same guy working the front desk came up to my room and inspected the toilet, opened the tank and told me that it would take him about 10 minutes to fix it or I could be moved to a new room. Being exhausted, I chose a new room instead. I was moved to a room with one king like I had originally booked.

Having stayed at quite a few Fairfield locations over the past few months, this is definitely an older property and could use some updating, especially the beds, which aren't as comfy as Fairfield beds usually are. The bathrooms and vanity area could use better lighting.

The rooms are clean and there is a nice indoor pool on the main level. The service is excellent and the staff are super nice. Great Southern hospitality. Free Breakfast is the Fairfield standard offerings.

• Stayed: October 2012

Reviewed 23 October 2012

We stopped in our way traveling to the east coast. The room was clean and our only complaint was the dim light in the bathroom. I hate to shower in the dark. I did tell the front desk and the two woman there were making sure that they took down the info on it and would let it be known.
We ate the free breakfast there. Everthing was fine except for the old boiled eggs. I had to spit out the first bite. I would stay again and just make sure that I got a well lit bathing area. Also I will no longer eat boiled eggs at any resaurant as we don't know how long they have been laying around.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

This hotel was a nice place to stay. We're traveling home from our vacation. We had driven 8 hours and decided to stop.
When we arrived, there were three ladies that met us at the front desk and they were all VERY NICE! They showed us the room before we checked in. We got 2 bottles of water and little candy bars as a welcome package. They suggested restaurants we could eat at and were very accommodating in giving us extra towels, blanket and pillows.
The room executive king was large and nice for our family. King bed, sofa sleeper, nice bathroom. Everything was very clean.
The pool was small but lots of fun. The hot tub was warm and nice sized.
Breakfast was good and had a lot of choices.
I was very impressed with how nice the people were! Thanks for a great experience.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 31 July 2012

I found this hotel to be the best place to stay in Mt. Sterling. It was clean and the staff was friendly. They even gave us a small hand drawn map of the area. Continental breakfast was better than many small town spots. My wife and family agreed, this is the best option in the area. Not only would I stay again, but my family has used this hotel again since my visit earlier this month.

If you want a place to stay in Mt. Sterling or on the road outside Kentucky, I would recommend this hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 June 2012

Spent one night. To me this place is average but best option in Mt Sterling, KY. Be sure and eat at Kathy's on Main (yummy).

Good location right off highway but felt unclean and older. They could use a "facelift".

• Stayed: June 2012
Reviewed 10 June 2012

I can't explain the bad experiences other people say they've had. We have stayed there several times in the last few years. Every stay has been super. Great staff, delicious breakfast and the cookies, popcorn and lemonade in late afternoon just add another plus. Beds were clean and comfortable as well as all else.

Room Tip: Rooms on the top floor.