“Not the best conditions.”
Review of Irvin Cobb Resort

Irvin Cobb Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Murray
Irvin Cobb Resort
Illinois City, Illinois
“Not the best conditions.”
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This was a mistake. Ants all over the kitchen area and relentless yellow jackets outside the front screen door that attacked me while unloading the car. They sprayed for the buggers and left me with the can to continue combat. Meanwhile my children and wife can't leave the place until we make a mad dash to the car. We left early and stayed at Kenlake State Park instead which I have also reviewed. If all you need is a place to pass out after fishing with buddies then MAYBE.
Notice that was big maybe.

Room Tip: Turn around and go the other way.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Brad H

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 22 April 2012

4-21-12. I had the pleasure of fishing at Kentucky Lake this weekend. I reviewed the web site and it looked great. Wow. Pictures must have been 10 years old. This place a dump. Grass, weeds growing up everywhere. Poorly maintained. Trash just parked on the grass. I hear in it's day it was nice. No longer the case. Stains on the bed sheets. Bugs all over cabins. We actually slept in our close. I am used to roughing it but $90 for this place is robbery. These other posts must be friends. Sorry for the truth to the owners. You need to take better care of your place. Great location. It is a shame.

Fishing was great for bass and shell crackers.

Room Tip: I drove to Paridase Resort and Kentucky beach resort and they both looked nice for the next trip thi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Cm0ser

Travellers are raving about these Murray hotels

Newport, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2012

If you want to have a great time enjoying the outdoors this is the place. So much nature and fresh air. Cabins are very clean and the kitchen is equipment with everything you need. Setting on the porch and enjoying the evening or setting on a comfey chair inside reading a book. You will just love this place. Owners Susan and John are very helpful if you need anything they are onsite and get things taken care of right away.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
iowa
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Rented 4 cabins from Susan and John on reccommendation of 2 different fishing guides. Owners were most gracious and cabins were perfect for 10 guys on fishing trip, not too fancy but clean and roomy with all utensils for cooking, etc. If you want great location right on the lake in Blood River system for great price talk to John or Susan Dietrich at Irvin Cobb resort.

Room Tip: Look like all cabins on the hill overlooking lake so really just a matter of cabin size.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Texas
Reviewed 6 March 2012

We just spent a week at this wonderful resort. This trip was spontaneous ,so we were delighted when we were told we'd be able to get in. She mentioned the current renters would be leaving the same day , but it shouldn't be a problem. It was ready by the time we arrived, and I have to say, I fell in love with it the moment I walked in. We stayed right next to the office, in fact, my bedroom was the old office, so I got to have my own entry with my own roomy porch and the ice machine to boot. I'm not a person who goes fishing, I'm not really athletic, but I love the mountains, lakes and being out in the country. Being a Nurse in the ER, my job is very stressful, so, I just wanted to get away from it all. This place was perfect, I kept wishing I could live there. It was beautiful, I loved waking up in the morning and looking out the living room windows and seeing the trees and the lake, then going out on the front porch and hearing the birds on the lake echo as I drank my coffee. It was clean, roomy, and all details attended to.....with all of this, I just can't wait to go back, I already miss it !! Thank you Susie and John Dietrich, you two are wonderful, down to earth , professionals that really know how to make us feel welcome ! I'll be back !

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Lexyes555
Hawkins, Wisconsin
Reviewed 6 August 2009

I came to the Irvin Cobb Resort with reservations for the floating cabin, we did look at the cabin which was very nice and clean, but my mom had a hard time getting up the dock, it is on a bit of an incline and mom has breathing problems, thank goodness we were given the option of another cabin that happened to be empty that day, what a life saver AND Sharon gave us the cabin for the same price we would have paid for the floating cabin, that was really nice and she didn't have to do that, Thank You again Sharon. We ended up staying in Cabin 1 and what a nice little cabin to stay in, we were very comfortable there and the place was clean, we fell in love!!

I recommend this Resort for anyone traveling in that area looking for a reasonable place to stay, bonus if you plan on fishing, the boat launch is right there at the end of the grounds. We did not fish we were there to visit my brother, but him and my nephew
did fish, right there off the pier, no need to go to any of the big lakes, too bad we didn't have a boat, THAT would have been perfect! :)

LOL.............I believe we called Susan, Sharon all week..............sorry Susan, and you didn't even correct us!!

Hope to see you again next year! :)

Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank Niner922
Chicago, IL
Reviewed 12 May 2009

We stayed at Irv Cobb Resort Cabin number ten in Murray, KY. It was more like Bates Motel. There was dog hair everywhere and dog and human hair on the pillow cases. My husband moved a chair in the living room and it was disgusting underneath it. The vents were even filled with dust and dog hair. The place smelled awful and the table was never cleaned. The window treatments that existed were awful. There were cobwebs above the bedroom doorway. Thank goodness my husband checked all the doors at night, two of them were unlocked. One bedroom has an outside door in the room. The cabin was previously the office, what a joke! They should have tore it down. We paid $105 to stay there. I hope this helps someone out!

1 Thank adam09
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murray
Kenlake State & Resort Park
#6 of 9 in Murray
Murray Plaza Lodge
Murray Plaza Lodge
#2 of 9 in Murray

Been to Irvin Cobb Resort? Share your experiences!