“Be sure to check cancellation policy”
Review of Irvin Cobb Resort

Irvin Cobb Resort
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Murray
Irvin Cobb Resort
Louisville, Kentucky
“Be sure to check cancellation policy”
Reviewed 13 May 2014

My family has stayed at the Irvin Cobb Resort for many years as part of a fishing trip for my siblings and me. Honestly, I have never cared much for it, it is very run down - especially the boat docks. But it was the one trip a year for my siblings and me and I wasn't throwing in the towel. But this year when we needed to postpone the trip due to health issues and didn't have a date for a reschedule we learned of their policy to not refund nor accept your cancellation if the reservation is over a year old if they cannot fill the cabin - in our case it is two cabins. It was very disappointing to find that all the years we've stayed at this less than desirable resort, partly out of loyalty, wasn't flexible in their policy.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Pam S

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Batavia, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 28 September 2013

I agree with the review given in 2009 calling this place the Bates Motel. We were going to stay for a week but canceled the next morning as the mold smell [very heavy] made my husband sick. We were told we would loose our deposit, but was worth loosing to get out of there. Very unfriendly staff, will never go back.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else, plenty of places to pick from
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Sandy K
Alexandria, Kentucky
Reviewed 8 August 2013

Very relaxing. Caught a mess of fish. Owners saved our trip by fixing our boat when we thought we might have to end our trip early. Cabins were clean. We had a great time and will definitely come back.

Room Tip: Cabins 2,3, and 4 are closer to the water, but 7 & 8 is great for a group together which we had.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
Illinois City, Illinois
Reviewed 20 February 2013

This was a mistake. Ants all over the kitchen area and relentless yellow jackets outside the front screen door that attacked me while unloading the car. They sprayed for the buggers and left me with the can to continue combat. Meanwhile my children and wife can't leave the place until we make a mad dash to the car. We left early and stayed at Kenlake State Park instead which I have also reviewed. If all you need is a place to pass out after fishing with buddies then MAYBE.
Notice that was big maybe.

Room Tip: Turn around and go the other way.
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Brad H
Saint Louis, Missouri
Reviewed 22 April 2012

4-21-12. I had the pleasure of fishing at Kentucky Lake this weekend. I reviewed the web site and it looked great. Wow. Pictures must have been 10 years old. This place a dump. Grass, weeds growing up everywhere. Poorly maintained. Trash just parked on the grass. I hear in it's day it was nice. No longer the case. Stains on the bed sheets. Bugs all over cabins. We actually slept in our close. I am used to roughing it but $90 for this place is robbery. These other posts must be friends. Sorry for the truth to the owners. You need to take better care of your place. Great location. It is a shame.

Fishing was great for bass and shell crackers.

Room Tip: I drove to Paridase Resort and Kentucky beach resort and they both looked nice for the next trip thi...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Cm0ser
Newport, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 19 April 2012

If you want to have a great time enjoying the outdoors this is the place. So much nature and fresh air. Cabins are very clean and the kitchen is equipment with everything you need. Setting on the porch and enjoying the evening or setting on a comfey chair inside reading a book. You will just love this place. Owners Susan and John are very helpful if you need anything they are onsite and get things taken care of right away.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
iowa
Reviewed 9 April 2012

Rented 4 cabins from Susan and John on reccommendation of 2 different fishing guides. Owners were most gracious and cabins were perfect for 10 guys on fishing trip, not too fancy but clean and roomy with all utensils for cooking, etc. If you want great location right on the lake in Blood River system for great price talk to John or Susan Dietrich at Irvin Cobb resort.

Room Tip: Look like all cabins on the hill overlooking lake so really just a matter of cabin size.
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murray
Kenlake State & Resort Park
#2 of 9 in Murray
Lake Barkley Lodge
Lake Barkley Lodge
#2 of 6 in Cadiz

Been to Irvin Cobb Resort? Share your experiences!