“Nice stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #3 of 9 Hotels in Murray
Freeburg, Illinois
“Nice stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

The room was clean. Like the big bathroom. Vanity is in bathroom but there are plenty of mirrors in room. Beds are comfortable. Room 209 has a view of a/c. Breakfast had several hit items. The ham could have been a little hotter. They didn't have pancakes or waffles. Great cinnamon rolls. Pool was nice.

Stayed July 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (24)
Marshalltown
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2014

Front desk attendant very uncooperative and unhelpful. I have been traveling for 28 years on a weekly basis and this is the worst that I have experienced. The hotel itself is clean and easily accessible , but their customer service is horrible.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Diana Y
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Murray, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear Diana Y,

Thank you for providing feedback on your recent stay. While we are pleased that you found our hotel clean and easily accessible, it is regrettable to read that the level of service you received was not up to par. We would like to discuss your experience in further details, which is why we have sent you a private message. We look forward to hearing from you soon.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Nashville, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 November 2013

We are a family with two small kids and we booked a Queen "Studio" room. I was happy with the hotel and the room, but there were a few things that I didn't like.

First of all, the hotel staff was pleasant and the location is GREAT if you are in town for a Murray State game!

Our Studio room had a small kitchenette area as soon as you walked in that had bowls and other supplies. This would be great to know if we were there for more than one night. The bathroom was in that area as well and was nice and large. Plenty of space in there and a nice size tub for giving baths.

The layout of the room was nice, but I thought it could use a few tweaks. In the living room area (which is right past the kitchenette/bathroom area) had a sofa and small desk area. I wish this area had the TV, since it would have been nice to put my girls to sleep and sit on the sofa. Instead, I used the pullout sofa.

The two queen beds were VERY comfortable. There was a flat screen TV mounted to the wall- which is sad, because I couldn't turn the screen to reduce distraction for my LO so I just played on my laptop. The wifi was strong and fast. No problems there!

The breakfast in the morning was fantastic! Lots of warm choices- although the pancake maker was out of order while we were there. I do not eat pork, but they had sausage gravy, sausage patties and bacon all on the warm bar! They had folded eggs with filling for an omelette type option- but they were not labeled- I got one that had a salsa-type filling and I believe that it had bacon in it as well, so I didn't finish it, my husband had one that just had an unmelted slice of cheese in it.

We took our girls down to the pool and it was a nice size- not too big. We got in the hot tub for a minute, but noticed that once you turned on the jets the chlorine must have been too much, because it was almost overflowing with suds! I was really disappointed in that! (I will post a picture of that.)

Overall, we will totally book this hotel again, but I think next time we will get a suite VS the studio room!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Christen F
Saint Louis, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 September 2013

We love staying at the Holiday Inn Express, Murray, KY when we are visiting our daughter who attends Murray State University. It is a very clean, updated hotel. The rooms are beautiful. The beds are very comfortable. The staff is always very friendly and helpful. The breakfast that is offered in the morning has a wide variety to choose from and is always very good.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Corinth
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

This is a very nice motel, large rooms, and excellent breakfast choices. The wifi was tricky to access, but eventually it worked. There is a nice restaurant across the highway which is convenient. Our room was next to the elevator, which made us worry about noise, but we never heard it or any other sounds---a very quiet place.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank aerieport
Tucson, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2013

There were three of us who sopped in Murray to drop off my trailer at Hannigan Motor Sports. IT was late and we wanted to stay in a Holiday and there was one right up from the shop. We got in there late and by the time we unloaded our stuff we didn't feel like going out for dinner. My friend Sandy went out to get us pizza. When she returned we asked "Zandra" the front desk person if we could sit in the breakfast room and eat our pizza. She said it was not a problem and she went and turned on the lights so we could sit nad eat in there. We asked for an ice bucket so we didn't have to run to the room to get one and she provided this for us as well.

In the morning we all met from breakfast. I met the most friendly dining room staff in Wanda. She was so friendly and courteous. She was able to show me how I could get my larger glass under the dispenser for water. The staff in the breakfast areas are the last to get recognition since they are behind the scenes and are sometimes never seen. It was a pleasure meeting and talking with Wanda. We talked for quite some time.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Ronald F
Miamisburg, OH
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2013

My stay was mixed. I had requested a top floor. Upon arrival I was told that the top floor was not available. I was placed on the first floor. Unfortunately, this room was next to the breakfast preparation room so we were awakened around 5 AM every day for five days. While this was not the fault of the breakfast attendant who was nice, I would think there would be a better location with four floors of rooms available. While I did not ask to be moved, hopefully any future stays at this location would be more suitable for sleep. Otherwise, room was clean, breakfast
fine.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank weathernut9
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Murray, responded to this review, 7 August 2013
Dear weathernut9,

Thank you for your feedback. It was good to read you found the clean rooms and breakfast choices commendable. Our hotel makes every effort to honor requests, unfortunately there are times when requests are unable to be accommodated due to varying circumstances. I'm sorry the hotel was unable to honor your request and your stay was negatively impacted particularly with the noise challenges experienced. We are always working to be the best we can be and improve on our level of service. The feedback we received from our guests, like you will help us to accomplish this.

Once again, thank you for your feedback and I do hope we have opportunity to welcome you again.

Zelyn N
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murray
Hampton Inn & Suites Murray
Murray Plaza Lodge
Murray Plaza Lodge
#2 of 9 in Murray
America's Paradise Resort

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Murray? Share your experiences!