“Great place to stay!”

Ranked #2 of 9 Hotels in Murray
Okla
“Great place to stay!”
Reviewed 27 April 2014

I stayed three nights at this lodge and it was a great visit! The owner is kind and helpful, staff is friendly, nice quiet, clean rooms. Would highly recommend to anyone traveling to the area! The rooms have been renovated, and updated but still keeping the charm of the old lodge it once was. Beautiful plants and shrubs surround the outside and even a couple gazebo's outside so you can sit and enjoy the fresh air.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank OklaChatterbox
Dear OkaChatterbox:

What a cut nickname! Last week we had very very nice quilters from all over the country and even from other countries. Hope we could guess who you are but most of them were very very nice and very Chatterboxy, in good ways. Can't wait for you all to come back next year. Thank you for rating us with such kind words.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Alamo, Texas
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Staying at the Murray Plaza Lodge is a trip back in time. The clerk was very friendly and made you feel welcome. It has been completely renovated. The exterior is nicely landscaped with shrubs, trees, and a gazebo. Our room was renovated with a new window, door, paint, bed, etc. When renovating they kept many of the other original furnishings. They did not serve breakfast. Overall, it's a great value. We would definitely stay at the Murray Plaza again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Alamo341
Helian O, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, 29 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us and appreciating what we have done here. The trees and shrubs you mentioned are getting greener every day and the roses are about to bloom in a day or two. Looking forward to your next visit!
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 April 2014

The level of customer service here is way above the bar. The Owner takes great pride in the property and it shows. My daughter will be at Murray State in the fall and I will definitely stay here every time!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Dear Shannan:

Welcome to Murray! Thank you for staying with us and taking your precious time to write us this wonderful review. Nice Guests like you have made our place clean and pleasant place to stay. Thank you for helping us feel proud.

- Ray and Helian.
Seoul, South Korea
Reviewed 4 February 2014

My family stayed at Murray Plaza Lodge when we were visiting relatives in the United States. Murray was a beautiful small town. Murray Plaza Lodge itself was a great attraction to us. All rooms were bottom floor and it had large parking space, big lawn and three big gazebos, all of which are rare to find in my country. We had three rooms. The rooms were very well organized and clean. On one morning we fixed some simple Korean dishes using microwaves in rooms and had breakfast in the big gazebo. That was fun experience.

The owners were very accommodating. They speak multiple languages (especially the hostess is from Korea, so she speaks Korean and English). It was convenient for us to have someone who speaks Korean when we needed help.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Helian O, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Hay, look who's here! Thank you for remembering us and writing us such a wonderful feedback. We really enjoyed having your family here. The beauty of having this business is meeting people from all around the world, and from my home country. Isn't it fun to see someone speaking your language where you didn't expect? Please say hello to your family for me and Ray.
Manteno, Illinois
Reviewed 1 February 2014

My husband, myself and family stayed at this Lodge many years ago and stopped staying there because it had deteriorated so badly that we did not enjoy staying there. However, in 2013 while visiting the trip advisor web site I came upon the Murray Plaza Lodge and started reading some of the reviews and decided I would call for reservations. I was a little skeptical about booking our room, but the pictures were so pretty and I guess our curiosity got the best of us and we wanted to see for ourselves if this was the same place. To our surprise, the place looked like the pictures and it was a pleasure to stay at this Lodge. Not only was the office and rooms refurbished, but the grounds around the Lodge were beautiful and the gazebos added to the beauty. Our room was very clean and it had a fridge, microwave, nice TV and coffee pot.

It being our 50th wedding anniversary we wanted to go to Patti's Village and while asking for the restaurant's phone number, Hellian told us she would call and make reservations for us. We were so impressed with her and her husband. They are very thoughtful, friendly and very accommodating.

We were so happy with our first visit, when we went back to Murray in September 2013 to visit relatives we called and made reservations to stay again. What amazed me was all I told Hellian on the phone was my name and she remembered me. I don't remember a fancier hotel remembering me. I know that a lot of people like the fancier hotels and I have stayed at those too, but I do not believe that you or your family would not be disappointed to stay at Murray Plaza Lodge. We are looking forward to our next visit to the Murray Plaza Lodge.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Barbara A
Dear Barbara:

Thank you for not forgetting us and writing us such a kind review. We are glad to know that your curiosity about our rooms resulted in good stay. We will study and work all the time to make every aspect of your stay enjoyable. Looking forward to your next stay!

- Ray and Helian.
Harare, Zimbabwe
Reviewed 25 January 2014

My daughter and I traveled to Murray Plaza Lodge having made pre-booking arrangements since we wanted a place closer to Murray State University were my daughter was scheduled to start her studies. On arrival we were very tired and exhausted, but that was quickly taken away by the warm and friendly welcome we received from the front office lady namely Hellian. We were taken to our room and the atmosphere was overwhelming, the nicely decorated and equipped accessories were matching the room size. The television, coffee maker, microwave and a fridge tucked nicely in a closet , was much of a relief since we were all dying to have a cup of hot chocolate/coffee. The gazebo situated at the front of the Lodge is an eye catcher, we had the opportunity to use it whenever we felt like and wow!!!! taking pictures from that site is a must. The entire staff we met was very friendly and helpful to the extent that they went out of their way to make sure that our travel plans were accomplished. Having traveled and stayed in different hotels/motels, gladly the services we got from Murray Plaza Lodge were second to none. We enjoyed the peace and tranquility home away from home experience.

Room Tip: The corner suites are quiet and sunny let it be your first choice.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank TabethKatanda
Helian O, Owner at Murray Plaza Lodge, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Tabeth:

It's very good to hear that you are back home safely after a long trip. You and your daughter were truly friendly and warm ladies. Ray, Manda and I still keep talking about how nice you were. We were so fortunate to have both of you here. You came as guests and became friends. Can't wait to see you next time. Please say hello to your husband and sisters who I had chance to talk on the phone :)

Helian.
Winchester, Kentucky
Reviewed 19 January 2014

We stayed at the Murray Plaza lodge in mid-January for one night so we could attend a student event at the university. A friend recommended Murray Plaza, and also I had consulted with Trip Advisor, noticing the 2013 award. Usually we stay at a chain hotel where we earn points. This is the cleanest motel/hotel I have stayed in in the US in a long, long time. it was spotless. Additionally, everything was in very very nice condition. Nothing fancy...in fact not too contemporary but very comfortable and cozy. The room was a bit small but not inadequate.

I loved the bathroom with the old style tiles and the freestanding pedestal sink. The beds were comfortable, each with FOUR pillows. There was a coffee maker, fridge, microwave, small table. The TV was the tube kind (not flat screen) but it was fine.

The woman at the desk was friendly and helpful and assured us when we arrived that our room was warm and ready for us.

I only wish other places were as nice as this one. Don't get caught up in the chain game all the time and try something different. You will probably be happy do you did.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank ShelleyWhite
Dear Shelley:

Thank you so much for staying with us and writing us this wonderful review. I also write reviews for other business, and know how much time and effort a review requires. You and your friend were very kind ladies. I am sure people working at any hotel front desk must be very happy talking with you both. Thank you again, and hope the rest of this winter is not so cold for you.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Murray
Best Western University Inn
Hampton Inn & Suites Murray
Kenlake State & Resort Park
Quality Inn
Quality Inn
#6 of 9 in Murray
SpringHill Suites Murray
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Murray

Been to Murray Plaza Lodge? Share your experiences!