“Nice place to visit”
Review of Newport Aquarium

Newport Aquarium
Ranked #1 of 19 things to do in Newport
More attraction details
Owner description: Rated #1 U.S. Aquarium by Readers’ Choice Travel Awards and #1 Aquarium in the Midwest by Zagat Survey. Home to thousands of aquatic animals in scores of exhibits, the Newport Aquarium will amaze you with all there is to see and do. You can touch a penguin, pet a shark, hear divers talk to the audience during feeding time, play games in Frog Bog, eat lunch in Sharkey's Cafe and a much, much more!
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Take your time or you will be done really fast. The aquarium is small but there is a lot to see. If it busy it is hard to see some of the attractions. Very clean

Reviewed 19 August 2014

We always visit the aquarium while in Newport and it's always a fun experience. The aquarium is located on the Levee and is very convenient to get to. The ticket booth is outside and once inside the aquarium is very easy to get around in. I recommend this attraction for all ages.

Reviewed 18 August 2014

Very large, well done aquarium with great flow for the foot traffic. The touch pools were amazing and had volunteers. The exhibits were great, especially the penguins. Cafe has a good selection and you can buy tickets online via a smart phone app and skip the line!

Reviewed 17 August 2014

The aquarium has a deal after 4 pm. If you would like to save some money going after 4 still gives you plenty of time and saves you money.

Reviewed 16 August 2014

I visited with my 8 month old daughter, my wife, and a friend with her 6 month old son on a Friday morning.
We arrived shortly after they opened, and we were glad we had purchased tickets elsewhere since there was already a line to buy tickets.
I carried my daughter and we walked slowly since she liked to examine every tank. She was especially excited to see the matamata! (I had never even heard of a matamata, but it was very cool to watch!)
We also were walking through the tunnel just as a diver entered the tank from above and started feeding the rays which was fun to watch.
When we left, there was still a line to purchase tickets and it was even longer than when we arrived.
I would suggest purchasing your tickets elsewhere to save $2, and to skip the long line. Also, arrive as they open to get through with lesser crowds.

Been to Newport Aquarium? Share your experiences!