“Unique Menu”

Cuisines: American, International
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Reservations
Reviewed 20 November 2013

My wife and I recently had lunch here. We have previously visited for dinner on a few occasions. They offered interesting home made soups and sandwiches with unusual combinations as well as a couple of full hot meals. The selections that we chose were excellent. Service was good; friendly but not intrusive. We will definitely keep this cafe on our list of preferred options for lunch and dinner.

There are newer reviews for York Street Cafe

Reviewed 28 October 2013

We ate at the York Street Cafe prior to a performance at the Stained Glass Theater...just across the street. The decor of the cafe is funky and great fun. York Street specializes in vegetarian dishes and does them exceedingly well. We had the hummus plate and soup. Both were delicious and filling. We didn't have room for dessert which was a shame!

A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 15 October 2013

service was amazing and the food was so fresh and unique. A great way to break away from the normal. They allowed for us to sit back and relax which made our experience so much better. As long as they are open, my wife and I will be customers

Reviewed 29 September 2013 via mobile

Nice eclectic atmosphere, homemade fresh menu items, good service. I tried the salmon sandwich and it was outstanding. It was the kind of meal that lingers in your memory long after you've left the restaurant. Each component of the sandwich stood out to form a fantastic combination of flavors and textures. The sandwich came with a deliciously interesting coleslaw and soup also delicious. Can't wait to visit again.

Reviewed 27 September 2013

Just six weeks after our initial visit, my daughter and I enjoyed another terrific dinner at York Street. We both had the Flippin' Shrimp app, which are five medium sautéed shrimp served with a bacon maple cream sauce. My entree was one of the night's specials: Three Cheese Manicotti with Smokey Tomato Sauce. The blend of favors was light, unique and flavorful. Daughter enjoyed her Asian-Spiced Baby Back Ribs, served with garlic potatoes and steamed broccoli.

Since the Cafe has no signature drink (I wish they did!) I asked for a particular combination of juices and alcohol. It came exactly as requested and was delicious. Our only other food item was a chocolate hazelnut flourless torte, which daughter said was very tasteful, rich and delicious.

We must cite the work of Chris, our server. He is knowledgable, efficient, and utterly charming. His voice is smooth as the pie he serves and he could be a model for television announcers. He actually makes you feel like you've been friends all your life, and is sincerely grateful for your choosing to dine at The Cafe.

Dinner for two with apps, drinks, and one dessert - including dessert and tax, was $82. Given the exceptional service and outstanding food, we left $100 for the bill and tip, along with our words of appreciation.

This is a very popular restaurant (see ranking above) and they only take reservations for tables of 6 or more. So for dinner either go early or after 7:30 to be sure to get a table right away.