“Stayed in her Townhouse”

The Corner House Bed and Breakfast
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We called Karen on short notice and she was able to accommodate my wife and I in one of her townhouses. There was a huge graduation in town and even the hotels were booked. Karen met us at her home location The Corner House, and we followed her a few blocks to the townhouse. SO MUCH BETTER than a hotel. The townhouse was clean and neat. Met our needs perfectly. The next morning, we retraced our steps to a Delicious Breakfast at the Corner House, with 5 other fine guests, and we were on our way. Karen is a delightful host. All for less than the cost of a mid grade hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 March 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night while traveling through Kentucky. We were very pleased with the second floor suite which was large and very clean. The breakfast did not offer a great variety but the crepes were absolutely fantastic. The best part of our stay was meeting the owner/operator Karen who is delightful and very helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Gary R
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Corner House was the first B&B that I have ever stayed at and it felt like home. We stayed in the suite, which was large and comfy. The bed was comfortable, too. The only thing we didn't like was that there was not a true shower in the suite. There is a beautiful claw-foot tub that is large and great for bubble baths. It has a handle with a shower head-type end, but it is only for rinsing, not much water pressure to it. If you must have a shower, choose one of the other rooms. There is one room that has what Priceline calls a 'shared bath'. It is not shared, it is just that you have to walk across the hall to use it. When there are multiple rooms booked, the owner, Karen, explains to all guests that this is not a shared bath, it is for that room's use only. The other room in the B&B has a true shower, no bathtub. All of the rooms are nicely decorated and we actually moved some of the decorations just to make sure we didn't break anything! There is a billiards room and sitting room downstairs. The sitting room has this great old piano (or organ) in it that is really cool. It also contains a TV. There is ample reading material throughout the place. The breakfast was standard, but made to order at the time we requested, which we really appreciated, as we were the only guests at the time. I highly recommend you call Karen if you need a place to stay in the Lexington/Nicholasville area. She has other properties as well. I was able to take a look at a cottage she rents out and I know my family would love to stay there. Her prices are very competitive, especially considering what you get for the price. I took a lot of pictures there, with consent of the owner. I thought the B&B had a lot of charm and tried to capture it with my pics.

Room Tip: If you must have a shower, don't choose the suite.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 October 2012

Our review this past May says it all. It's a nice older house in a small Kentucky town. Karen is wonderful with a personality that keeps on giving. She's got a story about everything and should write a book. We returned in August for three nights and will go back again. You should try it!

Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TallTVTraveller
Reviewed 9 October 2012

Corner House was my first B&B experience, and it made me hungry for more. The house is absolutely immaculate. Very well-kept. We stayed in the suite, and the room was fantastic. I can't recommend it highly enough. Karen, the host, was very nice and suggested a local tapas restaurant which had fantastic food. The breakfast in the morning was good, including a great french toast casserole. Prices were also very reasonable. The only drawback is that, at least in the room we stayed in, it has a bath and not a shower. I tried showering in the claw-foot tub, it simply wasn't set up for it. One of my favorite places I've ever stayed.

Room Tip: The suite was fantastic.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank brewcity77
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This is one of the best B&B's I've stayed at. It has a great homey feel and is just plain quaint. I like the independent B&B's now more than ever and when I come back to the Lexington area this is where I will stay from now on.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 July 2012

Excellent B&B in the growing city of Nicholasville which is close to Lexington. Your host Karen does a great job with breakfast and giving you directions to all the local attractions. Circle 4 will get you to anywhere you want to go, ask Karen and she can explain. Karen is a very nice lady and her rooms are as well. The suite room is extra nice and at an affordable price. Highly recommended B&B!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Nicholasville
The Campbell House, A Curio Collection by Hilton
Comfort Inn Lexington South
Comfort Inn Lexington South
#1 of 4 in Nicholasville
Holiday Inn Express Nicholasville

Been to The Corner House Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!