The Corner House Bed and Breakfast
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Home Place Inn(Nicholasville)
View Hotel
Derby Inn & Suites(Nicholasville)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsthe ownerone nightthe claw foot tubkarentownhouseconversationaccommodationslexington
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 September 2013

I booked the Horse Room as I was hopeful to stay close to Lockmasters while attending classes. Karen called with an opening to one of the townhouses. They were like home away from home with a supplied kitchen, dishwasher, washer and dryer, two bedroom 1 and 1/2 bath, 2 televisions, porch with grill in a quiet neighborhood. I didn't make it over for breakfast but heard from another student that it was very good. There's no other place I will stay if there are openings if I'm ever in this part of Kentucky again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank J9whitaker
Reviewed 28 August 2013

We spent two nights in this lovely home while visiting Wilmore for our nephew's wedding. Every room was beautifully decorated. We stayed in the Horse Room and had to walk across the hallway to our private bathroom, but this was NO problem at all. Karen is a delightful hostess and excellent cook~ both breakfasts were delicious...and her charming stories were most entertaining. We look forward to returning and staying there again and again!

Room Tip: If you can live without an attached bathroom, the Horse Room is quite economical.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Christine R
Reviewed 15 August 2013

I stayed at the Corner House for 4 nights and I couldn't have had a better experience. The host Karen was great and the room was perfect. Now don't expect a hotel experience if you stay here. This is a vintage old house that has been immaculately restored, There is not much going on in Nicholasville, But if you have a car, Stay HERE. There are silly little touches like teddy bears everywhere. Next to my bed was a Girl Scout Manual. The TV was an old analog model. BUT WHO CARES!!!!! I travel every month and stay in fine hotels and this is a great way to stay to break the mold. The BREAKFAST's are great, and the conversation around the table couldn't be better. If and when I come back to this town, this is where I will stay, A great value, and the history is comforting. The bed was great, the towels were big. A pool table in the den, dvd's, books in the library, a big sweeping porch. It reminds me of staying at Grandma's house. It smelled great when I walked in the door. She also has other accommodations available like townhouses and cottages.

Room Tip: No elevator. in the main house, Get the room with a private bath or expect to share.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank sokemike
Reviewed 30 May 2013

We called Karen on short notice and she was able to accommodate my wife and I in one of her townhouses. There was a huge graduation in town and even the hotels were booked. Karen met us at her home location The Corner House, and we followed her a few blocks to the townhouse. SO MUCH BETTER than a hotel. The townhouse was clean and neat. Met our needs perfectly. The next morning, we retraced our steps to a Delicious Breakfast at the Corner House, with 5 other fine guests, and we were on our way. Karen is a delightful host. All for less than the cost of a mid grade hotel!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2013

My wife and I stayed here one night while traveling through Kentucky. We were very pleased with the second floor suite which was large and very clean. The breakfast did not offer a great variety but the crepes were absolutely fantastic. The best part of our stay was meeting the owner/operator Karen who is delightful and very helpful. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple