Derby Inn & Suites
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
Comfort Suites(Lexington)
Good 3.5/5
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 30 January 2014

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 2 January 2014

** Disclaimer: We are not picky people, and I don't complain about many things (you can tell from my other reviews)***

We stayed here out of sheer necessity. We had originally had hotel reservations at the Holiday Inn, but had to switch hotels due to unforeseen pet plans. Our dog had to travel with us, and we chose this hotel because it was "pet friendly." Upon booking the hotel I had called the hotel to see if I could get an early check in because we had to be at the wedding at 4pm and were traveling from out of town, had a baby, and a dog to settle in. The woman at the front desk said it would absolutely be no problem.

It was a problem, and so was everything else. We arrived at 2pm (I think check-in was at 3.) There wasn't a single room ready for early check in. There were only 2 women working and they were extremely aggravated that I had asked for early check in (the woman I spoke to originally must not have relayed my request.) We waited until 3pm for a room that was ready along with several other people waiting for rooms to be ready at check-in time.

The room was decent size, but the shower had rags left in it from the previous occupant, and the sheets were like paper. There wasn't a fitted sheet, only two flat sheets and a quilt that had stains and cigarette burns in it. The floor had nails poking out of it, and I refused to walk in my bare feet anywhere in the room, and I walk everywhere barefoot. The room just felt dirty.

To top it all off, our dog ended up getting fleas from the room, and I was terrified of having my baby touch anything there. We definitely did not get what we paid for.

Room Tip: No room is a good room here
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank TamaraLLondon
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Rooms, staff, beds were great. We stayed in a much more expensive hotel and wished we stayed here whole time. Sean the manager was awesome. I will stay again. Stayed on business. We will book again Terri

• Stayed: December 2013
3  Thank terrimitchell
Reviewed 1 January 2014

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Howard Johnson
Reviewed 3 December 2013

We booked two non-smoking rooms--too bad one of them turned out to be the "smoking" variety of non-smoking rooms. When bringing this to the attendant's attention, we were told it "wasn't so bad." Also, the wall was paper thin and easy to hear the ongoing conversation next door about avoiding the "po po's" at 1 am. Beyond that, the rooms overall just were not clean and kept well, with what appeared to be water-logged coffee bags left on the tray since who knows when in one room along with a water-logged floor in the corner and a non-functioning main light by the bed in the "smoky" room. Perhaps management would benefit from checking out the room beforehand to see if someone really would want to stay in it.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family