“Great Night of Sleep”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Oak Grove
Birmingham, Alabama
“Great Night of Sleep”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week and I had the best night of sleep ever! I wish I knew what brand and type (firm, pillow top...) of mattress and soft pillows they use. I haven't slept that well in years. The hotel was very clean and the breakfast was wonderful. The staff was very friendly and I appreciate being able to check into a room a little early. Thank you for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Louis C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Campbell-Oak Grove, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you for the very kind words about your stay here at the Holiday Inn Express. I am so happy that you had a great sleep. Thanks again and we look forward to future stays with us.
Louis

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
FingerLakes NY
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

My husband and I recently spent a week visiting our son stationed at Fort Campbell and stayed 5 nights at this Holiday Inn Express. This was a very pleasant experience. The staff is AMAZING - everyone we encountered was friendly, helpful , energetic , professional in appearance and manner. Our bed was comfortable and I love that we had a choice of REAL sized pillows - I dislike the tiny squishy pillows offered at other chains. The room was clean and housekeeping was exceptional - working from very early to very late every day. The breakfast was great - so many choices and replenished frequently. The best part for us was the availability of fresh coffee all day and all night - a real plus as far as I am concerned ! We had a comfortable chair in our room - I hate sitting on the bed to watch tv , read or visit with someone. Access is very easy from Alt 41 or Rt.24 - either direction. There are many options nearby for dining and major shopping is just a short hop into Clarksville via 24. Great stay - Many thanks to everyone at Oak Grove Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: not sure there is a bad room here - we were next to the elevator on 3rd floor and NEVER heard a soun...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Louis C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Campbell-Oak Grove, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Thank you for the very kind words about your stay with us. I am happy to see we took care of you. We look forward to your next stay at this property or another.
Illinois
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Stayed one night traveling to Disney with my wife and our two grand-daughters. Front desk staff was friendly, hotel was clean and quite, easy access from I-24 ... basically all the things you expect from a Holiday Inn Express. Breakfast area was clean and the food was hot. Not enough seating, but it's free.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
I want to say thank you for the review on us here. I am glad to see we met your expectations. I hope you enjoyed your Disney Trip. We hope to see you again in the future. Thanks for choosing to stay with us.
Kaneohe, Hawaii
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 April 2014

Stayed at the HIX outside of Fort Campbell for 2 nights. The room was clean, and the bed comfortable. I found the room layout to be odd, but perhaps that was because it was an accessible room. Immediately upon entering, there is a sink and vanity on the right , next to the door, and there is no sink or trash recepticle in the bathroom. That was awkward. The woman who was taking care of the breakfast was very nice, friendly and helpful. This property is convenient for those needing to visit Fort Campbell.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank SonriseBMD
Thank you for the comments on our property, I use these to make your next stay or other future guest stays better. I thank you for taking the time to let us know about it. Thank you for choosing to stay here.
Chapman, Kansas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 March 2014

I have stayed at this location several times on trips to the area. I have to say there are a couple staff members that I can always count on to make my stay as comfortable as possible. Katie and Pricilla are always extremely helpful, welcoming, friendly, and not to mention always totally professional. I have seen them on several occasions go out of their way to accommodate guest with their needs. I know when checking in seeing one of their smiles behind the desk, I will be well taken care of. This location always does an outstanding job on breakfast as well!
As a female traveler safety is always a huge concern when choosing a hotel. I have never felt anything other than safe and secure at this location. I have no reservation on recommending this location to anyone. Enjoy!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Louis C, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Campbell-Oak Grove, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Thank you Thank you. I am so pleased you had a great stay here. We value all comments to better improve your stay and others in the future. I am happy that you have choosen to stay here. Thanks again we look forward to your next visit with us.
EVANSVILLE
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Great place to stay if I'm traveling home from the south and just can't make it. It's always been clean and perfect for a short stay. I appreciate the proximity to I-24. Hopefully it will be there if I need to stop again!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for your kind words on our property, I am very happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to your next visit with us in the future. Once again thank you for choosing to stay with us.
Tx
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

We started staying at this hotel when it was the Baymont several years ago, when my husband was stationed at Fort Campbell. We returned to Fort Campbell for a reunion and were anxious to see how the hotel had changed. Holiday Inn Express has done a beautiful job with this hotel. Rooms were beautiful and very clean. Love the snack bar behind the front desk...my son loved the option to buy ice cream in a hotel:) Breakfast was delicious and there was plenty of space to sit. The ladies at the front office were always nice and very helpful. We will definitely be back on our next trip to Fort Campbell!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Louis C, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Fort Campbell-Oak Grove, responded to this review, 2 December 2013
Thank you for your great comment and continuied stays here at our property over the many years. I know you can see the many changes and the way we have tried to better our property for you and our other guests. Thank you again for staying with us and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Oak Grove
Comfort Inn & Suites Fort Campbell
Candlewood Suites Fort Campbell - Oak Grove
Sleep Inn & Suites Oak Grove
BEST WESTERN PLUS Atrium Inn & Suites
Days Inn Oak Grove/Ft. Campbell
Hampton Inn & Suites Clarksville

Been to Holiday Inn Express Fort Campbell-Oak Grove? Share your experiences!