“Good Home Cooking”

Dining options: Dinner, Seating, Takeout
Louisville, Kentucky
“Good Home Cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

If you happen to be in Olive Hill, KY and hungry, you should stop by for a bite. Simple but good food that is prepared in a traditional country manner. For our money the sides alone were worth the stop.

• Visited May 2014

Huntington, West Virginia
“Cocoanut Cream Pie to die for!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Everything was good but I was there yesterday and I already want to go back for the pie. I don't even like cocoanut cream pie but this was amazing! It was warm!

• Visited May 2014
Nashville, Tennessee
“Excellent Burgers & Pie”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 December 2013 credit card Amex Cardmember Review

Smokey Valley's claim to fame is being featured on "Diners Dives and Drive-ins." It's an excellent little restaurant (not a full Truck Stop, anymore). The burgers are great, and the Coconut Cream Pie is incredible.

Visited November 2013
3 Thank Christopher G
Kentucky, USA
“Great little spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 November 2013

My husband and I stopped by the Smokey Valley truck stop on a trip from Louisville to Virginia Beach. We love Diners, Drive-Ins and Dive on the Food Network and that is how Smokey Valley showed up on our radar. Reading other reviews we were a little hesitant but I can tell you that it was great! We arrived for a late breakfast (around 10:00) on a Friday. There were people there but the cigarette smoke was NOT a problem (and I HATE smoke - especially when I'm eating). The waitresses, Earlene and Laura, were delightful! We also got to meet the owner Juanita - also very sweet!

Now to the important part - the food! My husband had pancakes, eggs and bacon. He raved about the pancakes - the lightest he has ever eaten! The eggs were cooked perfectly and the bacon was crisp - just like he likes it. I had 2 biscuits - one with ham and one with pork tenderloin. The biscuits were obviously homemade and while the ham was good, the tenderloin melted in my mouth!

I highly recommend that you stop by Smokey Valley if you're in the area!

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Wereoutofherre
“Home Cooked and Family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 October 2013

We originally visited this fabulous restaurant in 2012 after seeing it on Food Network's Diners, Drive-Ins, and Dives and could not have asked for anything better. This was our first meal on the way for vacation, and immediately made our plans to stop there on the way back. Certainly not disappointed! We weren't going that direction on the next vacation, but did again this year and once again, we were not disappointed. Ms. Juanita is the most genuinely warm owner we have ever met. We stopped again for our first meal on the way and planned the return trip to do the same. On the trip home when we stopped, my mother asked if there was any of the "famous coconut pie" and Ms. Juanita came out herself to talk with her and remembered us from our first visit there in July of 2012! The service is great and always done with a smile, extremely large portions, and very inexpensive. If you are looking for fantastic home cooked country food and happen to be near Olive Hill, KY, you should definitely make the stop in here. Already looking forward to next years vacation just to be able to stop in again. Thank you Ms. Juanita and all the staff at Smokey Valley Truck Stop!

• Visited October 2013