“Great hotel!”

Ranked #8 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
GreenLeadersGold level
“Great hotel!”
Reviewed 7 February 2014

Wonderful hotel, and the staff could not have been more welcoming and helpful. We live in Owensboro and had to stay because of an issue in our home. I drive past Comfort Suites every day, and they have something on the sign welcoming guests or thanking them for their stay. After staying in the hotel, I know that they truly mean those messages! The pool was great, and they had many free snacks available in the room and lobby. We will definitely recommend Comfort Suites to any other visitors!

• Stayed February 2014
4 Thank Kbiu89

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (7)
Reviewed 21 October 2013

We stopped in for the night and was very pleased. The hotel and room was very clean. The hotel could use a painting in the rooms, but it was clean and that is what matters. The pool was really nice. It was just the right temp. The pool area was just lovely, taken care of really well. Our breakfast the next morning delicious. There was a full breakfast, anything you wanted and this little old woman was the cook. She was super nice and kept everything filled and clean. She was so friendly always asking if you needed anything. As a matter of fact we gave her a tip as we left breakfast, just because of the wonderful job she was doing. If in this area again, I will pick this hotel again and again. Wish I were there now getting a good night's rest.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lovetravel2
Owensboro
Reviewed 8 September 2013 via mobile

Worth the money, the rooms were clean beyond my expectations and up to date! All the staff members were friendly and provided wonderful service. Will most Definately stay here again!!
The hotel was immaculate and the rate was feasible, I honestly could not have asked for more, I was so happy and so pleased! Thank You all at the Owensboro Comfort Suites!

• Stayed August 2013
1 Thank Amanda A
Lawrenceburg, Tennessee
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I tell the check out folks every time I stay at Owensboro comfort suites how awesome of a night rest I have seems like cause I sleep so sound in their rooms & that's why I Checked n. also this motel staff is second to none they r all pro's at their jobs & will stand & listen to how my day has gone , like their is the same girl working their that is just so sweet , I had asked her pray for my grandson once & would u believe next visit to motel she remembered me & asked about my gran son ( how do u beat that ). Listen it's people to people n this ole cruel world & when we find friends like her & other staff at Owensboro comfort , we stick with them cause they on our side. So needless to say I stay
at here all I can. I love the place , they got a walking track outside down the street that is best I've ever seen if your in need of walkin & getting rid of stress of the day. Ok I'll stop now , motel is great place & price is great !!!!

• Stayed June 2013
1 Thank 6296185gd
Mount Vernon, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 3 July 2013 via mobile

I have stayed at this hotel a couple of times now and will definitely stay again on return trips. The staff is very polite and accommodating. They always thank me for staying and being a diamond member. They have have nice selection of snacks and drinks available at the front desk. Restaurants are very close for walking to or driving. Plenty of shopping in the area as well. The rooms are always clean and beds are very comfortable. This is definitely my "go-to" when traveling through this area. I will be back for sure

Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Aaron H
Knightstown, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 30 June 2013

My husband and I were celebrating our first anniversary and only had the weekend to get away, Owensboro Kentucky wasn't our first choice as we wanted to stay in Indiana, but we chose this hotel for the rate and the fact Owensboro is located on the river. This is a great hotel. I had read other reviews and a lot of them mentioned how great the coffee is. My husband is a coffee drinker so he tried some at breakfast. The first thing that came out of his mouth after his first drink was, "wow, this coffee is really good!" The breakfast selection was excellent! There were so many choices and the breakfast lady worked her tushie off to keep the breakfast full. The rooms were clean, the shower, all I can say is that is one great shower!!! I love the pillows on the bed, they are so comfy, along with the bed itself. Everything about our stay in this hotel was excellent. I only wish we had more time here. I don't know if we will ever make it back to Owensboro, but if we do, this hotel will be our first choice.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Tom-AngelaH
Murfreesboro, Tennessee
Reviewed 24 June 2013

We chose this hotel for our Holiday World visit this past weekend. It was a struggle finding something relatively close to there that was nice and at a decent rate. I'm very happy we chose this hotel. It was only a 45 min easy drive to the park and ended up working out great. For the price, I think the value is very good. The place was clean and every employee we came into contact with was very friendly.

We were greeted kindly at check-in and it was quick and painless.

The room itself was a decent size and we had plenty of room for our family of 5 with two queen beds and a pull out sofa. The room also had a fridge and microwave which is really nice. It was also clean and inviting. The free waters and popcorn were a nice touch as well. The beds were very comfy, especially after a long day at the park. We slept very well. The only issue we had was getting back to our room late Saturday night and finding housekeeping didn't leave us any clean towels/wash cloths. However, the gentleman working the front desk took care of that problem immediately. Our kids enjoyed the indoor pool.

Breakfast was nice. Yes, it's just your average continental breakfast, but... it's free and there was something for everyone there. They had waffles, biscuits, gravy, eggs, pancakes, various pastries and breads, bagels, yogurt, cereals, fruit, etc. The coffee was great as well. The lady working the breakfast area was so friendly and worked very hard to keep the area clean and stocked. She also went out of her way to make sure everyone could find everything they needed/wanted.

The location of the hotel is great. Right off the highway and close to an abundance of restaurants.

All in all... we had a great stay and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family