“Great Service”
Review of Ramada Owensboro

Ramada Owensboro
Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
Reviewed 5 April 2012

Imagine our surprise when we arrived at the hotel in March 2012 to be greeted by the front desk with it's nice to see you again. And he meant it. We had last stayed there mid Nov. 2011. The hotel staff did everything they could to make us feel at home. The rooms are clean and our grand daughter loves the pool. We'll stay there again while visiting family in Owensboro

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank GECMC
ramadaasg, General Manager at Ramada Owensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 20 April 2012

Thank you so much for your kind review. We are always excited to hear from our guests. I appreciate the positive comments, and have shared them with our staff. We enjoyed your stay, and look forward to you visiting us again when you are in Owensboro.

There are newer reviews for Ramada Owensboro

Reviewed 19 February 2012

it was after 6 at night for a short nap when i checked in , needing to be up at 4am. It was 38 degrees outside, there was no heat on in the room so the bed was like ice, there was no good place to plug in my electric blanket. and when I stepped onto the tile floor in the bathroom i thought i was going to freeze my little flippers off. I had the heat on high all night and it was barely comfortable when i got up. I had asked for a 4 am wakeup call and never got it. Must be they werent awake at 4am either. Fortunately my son called me at 3:55 or I never would have made it back on the road by 6 am.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled on business
ramadaasg, General Manager at Ramada Owensboro, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2012

Please accept our apology for not delivering the wakeup call you ordered. We take the successful completion of wake up calls very seriously. Other than your review we have not failed to deliver one as ordered. We tested the phone in your room and it was unreliable, indicating that the phone itself was faulty in some way. As a precaution we have replaced the phone in the room you stayed in. The new phone tests positive. Please be assured that we will not fail to deliver a wake up call as ordered if you should stay with us again. I am uncertain as to the reason for the heat issue as our heaters work quite well. We did process a reset on your unit, and the room became quite warm during our test. Please know that we take the comfort of each guest very seriously. We hope you will give us another chance to prove this to you if you should visit Owensboro again.

Reviewed 1 January 2012

My wife and I booked a 9 day stay over Christmas and we couldn't have been happier with our choice of the Ramada in Owensboro. The lobby was quite grand, the pool was clean and well tended. The room was nicely appointed and had wi-fi and a large screen TV. The staff was simply outstanding. From the desk clerks to the cleaning staff, all were more pleasant and accomodating than we have found in a hotel chain in years. Obviously management has taken great care in choosing employees and has trained them exceptionally well. The real suprise was the complimentary breakfast, usually a donut and coffee, but at this lovely hotel, a hot meal (my favorite was the bisuits and gravy) and really lovely gals serving the customers. We were visiting family and we will be coming back to this hotel in future.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Bruce W

Dear Bruce,

Thank you for your lovely review. I am gratified to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I know my staff work hard to ensure a great experience, and it is wonderful to hear from guests that this has been the case. Thank you for staying with us, and we look forward to your future visits.

Reviewed 29 November 2011

Our family stayed the weekend of November 25-26, 2011. It was a wonderful experience! The gentleman at the front desk each day was extremely professional and helpful. He went out of his way to find a place for us to get medicine for our sick child and even called the store to make sure they were still open. He was always very pleasant and obviously aimed to please his guests. Our room was cluttered with our belongings and the staff who cleaned our room did an excellent job, even folding the toilet paper:) The free breakfast had lots of variety and the staff was welcoming and managed to keep the food stocked and presented very nicely. The pool hours were extended to allow the kids to swim after playing football, which was very appreciated. Price was right. Rooms were great. ALL staff was EXCEPTIONAL!!!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Julie103778

Dear Julie,

I remember your group. My front desk clerk called me at pool closng time to see if I would approve keeping the pool open longer as you were late returning from the ball fields after a playoff. We were glad to accomodate your group, and know the children enjoyed the extended pool time. Thank you for booking your group with us. We hope your team will book with us this coming year as well. I do appreciate hearing the comments regarding the staff in various departments as it is great to hear from guests.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

The air conditioning was weak which made it hard to sleep. And the internet was slow. Otherwise it was OK for the price.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Dear Guest,

November of 2011 was an exciting month as we experienced a total and complete overhaul to the internet service. We upgraded from a system that was about 4 years old to high end state of the art hardware. We now have a mesh style network which creates an internal spiderweb type network ensuring an excellent connection for every computer anywhere in the hotel. I am sure if you should return you will experience a very different internet.

I am concerned about your comment regarding the air conditioning. I remember that your stay was during a time of over 100 degree temperature and very high humidity. We have examined our room air conditioners and have performed our semi-annual routine maintenance and cleaning. I am confident that this issue will not repeat for you. In an effort to address this we will also pre-cool the rooms this summer on excessive heat days when the hotel is due to be full.

Thank you for your comments. We hope to see you again this year when you travel with your team.

Reviewed 10 July 2010

My wife, daughter and I were in Owensboro on a family visit. We made reservations late and could only get a room at this hotel due to a baseball tournament in town. I had read previous reviews and was a little concerned. I was very pleasantly surprised. The price was reasonable, the staff was friendly and courteous, and the rooms were clean and comfortable. I do not know what the hotel was like previously, but our stay was a pleasant experience and I would recommend this hotel for anyone traveling in the area.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple

Dear Rado,

Thank you for your review. I appreciate hearing that the efforts to turn around past perceptions of the hotel are paying off. The reviews you site that were of concern to you were reviews this hotel received when owned by another party, prior to ownership and management change, and prior to our renovation. Your stay occured after a costly and extensive renovation. The new ownership and management of the hotel take great pride in our hotel, and I am glad you were able to see it.

We hope to see you again if you travel through Owensboro.

Reviewed 23 October 2009

The hotel is in the outskirts of owensboro smack dab in the middle of an urban neighborhood next to a bar and would appear from the outside as a strip motel.
First surprise was the elegant lobby with fountains and a very chique decor. Seemingly renovated pool and dining are is clean neat and again, very elegant. The pool, though small, was clean and had also been renovated. The hot tub was closed (also being renovated?). The rooms are standard hotel size, but were clean and neat. Rooms are available with outside access or inside access. Staff was very helpful and friendly since our reservation having been made with points through the wyndham rewards club, had not been confirmed in their system, they booked our room while waiting for the confirmation.
Since I booked with points, can't really speak about the cost, but it certainly is better than a similarly priced Ramada I have previously stayed. The last surprise was that even though we had expected a continental breakfast, they offered a hot breakfast that was complimentary.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family