“Watch Out”

Ranked #12 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
Louisville
“Watch Out”
Reviewed 19 May 2008

The hotel is under renovation. The renovated lobby is nice and the indoor pool OK. The staff works hard and they were friendly in all areas. The future may be good if they keep up the remodel.

The only rooms available as of this writing are rooms that have not been renovated. There were crews working the weekend so maybe some new rooms will be available soon. It is a shame that Ramada put their name on this place. If you must stay verify that you have a renovated room or you would be better of in a tent. Seriously. I have not stayed in a place this decrepit since in college and all we wanted then was cheap with 4 walls and a bed.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — run down
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Michigan
Reviewed 13 November 2006

We traveled as a group and all other hotels were booked. Mold growiing on base boards, dirt running down walls and a used tampon was on the floor. We were switched to a different room that was not much better. The pool was cloudy and small for the size of the facility, I was afraid to allow my children to go in it. Stay away from this establishment!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Tips/Secrets — stay somewhere else
  • Stayed May 2008
    • Check-in / front desk
1 Thank TotallyAmazed

Travellers are raving about these Owensboro hotels

Lexington, KY
Reviewed 26 September 2006

I booked five rooms here for a week long work trip. Three of the five people refused to stay in the hotel after seeing the rooms. They had clearly not been cleaned; one of the rooms even had food between the sheets of the made bed. The front desk was not helpful or apologetic when the first three checked out. When the other two left the next morning, the person on duty at the time apologized and said something to the effect of "this happens so often that you would think the management would do something about it."

The highlight of the one night I endured there was the breakfast. Although it took a while for the buffet to get restocked, the food was very good.

Stayed July 2006
2 Thank taeric
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 14 November 2005

I recently purchased a night stay at the Ramada of Owensboro through Priceline. Upon arrival at the Ramada I was advised that they were totally booked. I explained to the clerk that I had prepaid and had a confirmation number. The clerk said that she couldn't help me and would have the manager call me the next day. I never received a call from the manager, and the clerk wouldn't even attempt to find me another room. The premise of a confirmation is still new to the Ramada Inn of Owensboro. Take my advise...Go somewhere else!

• Stayed November 2005
6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 August 2005

My family and I stayed at this location for one week for my son's baseball trip. We purchased a total of five rooms. We stayed one week long. I booked these rooms for several reasons. The rooms on the internet showed in door rooms. The advertisement for the hotel included an indoor pool, restaurant, play area and work out room on site. This seemed great as we have other children and seemed like there would be things for them to do. When we checked into our first room, the sink came out of the actual countertop and water leaked everywhere. I asked for another room which they did give me, except they were out of rooms that had two double beds, so I had to take a room with one Kingsize bed and a roll away. After traveling all day long with five children in the car, the kids wanted to swim. We soon learned that the heated in-door pool, was not heated, it had been broken for over a week and they would try to heat the pilot. The pool was never repaired during my week long stay. The restaurant was only open from 4-10 pm. The play area consisted of legos and a toy box located in the corner of the restaurant. The workout room did not have working equipment. My room was only cleaned one time in my six night stay. I had to ask for fresh towels daily and take out my own trash. When my in-laws checked into the hotel, their air conditioner was leaking water all over the floor causing the carpet to be soaking wet in front of the sink area. My in-laws had to get extra towels to soak up the wet floor. They ended up changing rooms the next day. Unfortunately the a/c was't working in this room, so they changed rooms again. My sister's two rooms the a/c didn't work, they didn't have clean rooms when they checked in, and they ended up changing rooms three times over the course of a six day visit. The a/c went out in the common area where the restaurant was on day two and three of my stay. Both of the ice machines were not working by the end of the week. Most of the staff quit by the third day of my stay, as the hotel was booked with lots of angry guests. The female manager on duty was very unsypathic when I brought these things to her attention. She told me I could go stay somewhere else. I told her that I prepaid for my room and if she gave me the money I would go stay somewhere else. I have stayed at lots of Ramada's and have four weeks vacation a year, this experience will make me think twice before I stay with them again.

• Stayed July 2005
8 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Des Plaines IL
Reviewed 1 August 2005

Upon arrival into room-found trash/bugs on the floor. Sheets had holes in them. Holes in the walls and tiles missing in the bathroom. Shower head didn't work and toliet was cracked.

Fire alarm went off in our room and the hotel never bothered to check on us and see if everything was ok. We even called the front desk to found out how to turn it off and there was no one there.

When I asked for clean towels they informed me to get them myself in the supply linen closet.

Parked outside our room was a truck with the back open and was full of trash. Stairs leading up to the second floor were broken--people could get hurt!

Pool water was freezing and dirty! Hot tub wasn't working. Water on the floor in lobby at all times--due to a fountain leak. High speed internet service they offer wasn't working the entire time I was there.

It was a horrible stay and the manager didn't really care about our complaints. I can't believe that the hotel chain would let this hotel remain open.

8 Thank Tink314
OLDSMAR, FL
Reviewed 25 July 2005

This was by far the worse hotel I ever stay in. Nothing worked. We booked 2 rooms for 5 days and had to change rooms 6 times. When we first checked in, rooms were not cleaned from previous guest, first two rooms, second rooms; the air conditioners did not work in either room, both were about 80 degrees and after spending the day at the ballfield when the heat index in 112, you certainly would like a cool room. Talk about something cool, the heater on the indoor pool was broken so the pool was about 60 degrees and very cloudy. Day one, one of the 2 ice machines was working by day 5 neither was working. The exercise room consisted of 2 treadmills and one stairmaster none of them worked. The only time we got a clean room was when we were moving from one room to the other. No maid service and we had to track down clean towels everyday. Roof leaking and ceiling tiles were missing in the common area. To top it off, my debit card was charged more than the receipt I received upon checking out. Pictures on the website very deceiving. This place is a dump!!!!! Stay away!!!!!

• Stayed June 2005