“sleep here”
Review of Sleep Inn

Sleep Inn
Ranked #7 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
Reviewed 14 September 2007

Traveling on business. I didn't expect much, to be honest, as I had read that the rooms were pretty basic.
I was in for a surprise. :)
The staff was wonderful, location was convenient, check in and out was hassle-free and friendly, even though I did both at odd hours, rooms were super clean, and my bed had lots of fluffy pillows. Plenty of towels in the bath. Electrical outlets that were convenient (one was just above the desk) made charging up the electronics easy.
If I ever have to go back to Owensboro, I'd stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business
3  Thank rrruby

Reviewed 27 July 2007

Sleep Inn is the most basic of the Choice Hotels line and this one is typical. The king bed room was sufficient size. Refrigerator sitting on floor with microwave sitting on top of it--no counter or stand. Open hangar space, built in desk along wall, one reading chair and one desk chair. Sink in the bedroom. Toilet and shower stall in small room with pocket door. Some cheap items--door to shower hard to lock shut; water faucet assembly not correctly installed.

The room was clean and the staff was friendly.

Used the wired Internet. Their piped in music leaked into the telephone line, though.

We didn't eat breakfast, but saw eggs, biscuits, gravy, minibagels and danish, prepackaged other cereals and breads, and some diced melon.

Quiet location.

I was surprised that a budget motel in this town cost $89, but that was less than the HI Express, Comfort Suites, etc.

• Stayed: July 2007, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Metwo3
Reviewed 19 June 2007

I am suprised that there aren't more reviews for this hotel. We found it to be an excellent place to stay. Our room was spotless, the staff went out of their way to make us comfortable, and they must have added to their breakfast because we had fresh fruit, scrambled eggs with cheese, homemade biscuits with sausage gravy, and French toast. The entire property was clean and well maintained. The owner even came out to greet us in the lobby when we were heading out for dinner. We stayed over the weekend so we didn't get to enjoy their free dinner Monday through Thursday. I have never seen a hotel fix dinner for free before. I would recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Owensboro.

• Stayed: May 2007, travelled on business
2  Thank Sunshynenky
A TripAdvisor Member
Palo Alto, CA
Reviewed 17 April 2006

I found the accommodations to be clean, room size was quite adeguate. The staff was efficient and unobtrusive. I will use the hotel again if I need a hotel in the Owensboro area. The cost was significantly lower than what I have previously paid for other facilities in Owensboro.

• Stayed: April 2006, travelled on business
2  Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 1 July 2005

This is a nice place, great value. Nice pool, good size room. Shower was nice. Front desk was very friendly and helpful. Breakfast included the usual fare, also white gravy and biscuits. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2005
6  Thank Janet N
Reviewed 18 May 2005

I'm amazed there aren't more reviews on this hotel, it's wonderful! I've stayed here on 3 different occasions, and always found it to be spotless, very reasonably priced ($50/night), and the staff is friendly. All indoor rooms, elevator, and they have a luggage carrier for guest use. Indoor "heated" swimming pool and jacuzzi, and a dinky little exercise room. The rooms are consistently clean, and this whole facilty is well-managed and maintained. I wouldn't think of staying anywhere else when in the area. I've only had 2 problem out of 3 stays and about 10 nights total in this hotel. One night (late), I used the jacuzzi, and it was probably about 85 degrees (not hot enough to enjoy), and I asked the night clerk if mabey there was a blown breaker. He searched and couldn't find one, so I headed back to my room, and I'm sure it was fixed by the next day. During the same stay, I asked for a non-smoking room, and was given one, but once I layed in the bed, I could smell cigarettes in the mattress and I also noticed the same smell on the bath towels. Obviously the last guest didn't adhere to the no-smoking signs. After notifying housekeeping, they promply aired-out the room and changed the linens, etc. Both very minor and isolated incidents. With all that said, once again, this is the best value in Owensboro. It's located at the very end (northwest) of the bypass.

• Stayed: March 2005, travelled on business