All reviews sausage front desk room was clean biscuits direct tv oatmeal house keeping nice stay hot breakfast would stay again one night stay breakfast staff very nice hotel carpet sheets housekeeping cleanliness
Reviewed 12 November 2012

We recently stayed for a foot ball tournament that was being held in Owensboro. Staff had maps, restaurant guide, resetaraunt coupons, and directions to field at front desk when we checked in. Very helpful. The hotel was very busy this weekend but staff seemed to know what they were doing. Rooms were clean. Breakfast was very crowded but food was hot when we got to it. We have a 12 yr old son and a 9 yr old son and both play in this tournament. We will be back again for the tournament next year.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Hannah H
Reviewed 2 November 2012

My stay was great. Everything was VERY clean. Bed slept very well, sheets were soft. The breakfast was amazing! All hotel staff went beyond what was expected to make sure I had a great stay. It is a little hard to find.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 October 2012

We came up last weekend for softball tournament and enjoyed our stay. Typical rooms with two beds but we did enjoy the breakfast. The rooms were clean though. Very happy with front desk staff, they were helpful with places to go for dinner and directions to Fishers Park. They also gave my husband and his buddy passes to the Y so they could work out for free. We come to owensboro often for various sports for our kids (its apparently a big sports town) and we have stayed at several different places because we arent really loyal to one chain but we will be back to holiday inn. I dont usually do review type stuff but a friend who also traveled wit her husband last week said she looks on trip advisor for reviews so we should let people know what kind of stay we had.

Room Tip: There were several other mens softball teams staying and a few of them were having a rowdy time so I encourage people to ask for a room at the end of the hall where it is more quite.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I came in on the last tuesday of September and the hotel was sold out. I was in Owensboro for tuesday and wednesday night and had mistakenly made my reservations for the tuesday and wednesday night in the first week of October. The girl at the front desk called the last remaining guests that were due in that night and one of them was in fact not coming and had forgotten to cancel their reservation. She could have easily told me they were sold out and not helped me but went the extra mile to get me in for the night. I appreciate the extra mile effort and will be back again.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 September 2012

Very nice hotel with helpful staff. The room was clean and well-appointed. I only stayed here to sleep, but the bed was comfortable. Breakfast is typical HIE fare but morning staff was quite friendly and helpful. A good place to stay for business.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business