“Very clean, comfortable inn”

Hampton Inn Owensboro South
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
“Very clean, comfortable inn”
Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

This location is very nice. It is clean and the rooms are very comfortable. The staff was excellent and friendly, as was the cleaning staff. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Frederica Street has access to most of town, from what I saw. Downtown is an easy drive from this location and it is close to lots of restaurants and shopping, though most nearby is chain stores and restaurants.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Candice_Cross, General Manager at Hampton Inn Owensboro South, responded to this review, 18 May 2014
Thank you for your kind words about our property and team members. We take pride in our service driven staff, and am glad you were able to experience them first hand. I'm happy you were able to check out our developing downtown riverfront. Thank you for staying with us and hopefully we see you again soon!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Louisville, United States
Reviewed 13 May 2014

Going back to my hometown to visit family and knowing that at the end of a busy day, I can put my head down for a good nights sleep is a real plus. Also, love my coffee in the morning, helps to start my day !!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful response! We were happy to have you as our guest during your recent trip to your home town. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for staying with us and hopefully we see you when you return to Owensboro.
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 6 May 2014

This is a well kept property. The rooms are nice. The only complaint I had was the Parkway side of the Hotel was a little noisy from rush hour traffic. I'm a light sleeper so I asked for a different room. Not a problem when I asked the Front desk to move me. I had ordered a Suite initially in reservations.
When we checked in, I thought the first Suite was a little small they assigned me at check in.(I also told them I felt that way) So then they gave me a room that had actually been 2 at one point. It was very spacious. The kids loved the little alcove and all the room. I think it was room 207, 209, 217, 219?? We were going to Holiday World for a couple days. It's about 45 minutes away from this Hotel. They also had a small putting green for entertainment. The Hotel is close, to Restaurants, shopping, downtown and the major Parkways. We visited a shoe outlet where my daughter learned how to tie her shoes.

Room Tip: Corner Suite on the opposite side of the Parkway. I can't remember the exact room # it was eithe...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Candice_Cross, General Manager at Hampton Inn Owensboro South, responded to this review, 9 May 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughts and how our front desk team was able to make your stay more enjoyable by finding you the right room for you! We love hearing comments and suggestions from valuable guests, such as yourself. I'm happy to see you noticed our renovation and enjoyed being our guest. Thank you for staying with us and I hope to see you the next time you're in the area.
Cincinnati, United States
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Service with a smilt. The staff at the hotel was great. Very polite, accommodating and personable. I would definitely stay at this hotel for futures stays in Owensboro, Kentucky. The rooms were clean which is very important no matter the kind of trip you are on.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Candice_Cross, General Manager at Hampton Inn Owensboro South, responded to this review, 24 April 2014
Thank you for staying with us! We are happy to have been able to serve you while you were in town. I'm happy you were well taken care of by our amazing team members. It's also great to hear that our cleanliness met your expectations. Again, thanks for being our guest and I hope you choose our property again the next time you're in the Owensboro area.
Franklin, Tennessee
Reviewed 15 April 2014

We stayed at this location for a familly funeral. Staff was extremely helpful in finding us rooms that fit the needs of our entire family. Checking in early because of our unusual time table was no problem for them. The hotel facilities were terrific as has been my experience with all Hampton Inns where we have stayed. Thank you, Hampton, for making this travel experience as pleasant as it could possibly have been.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your positive feedback! I'm happy to hear how well you were taken care of by our team members. I want to also thank you for stayin with us. I do hope the next time you're in Owensboro, you honor us as a guest again.
Lexington, United States
Reviewed 11 April 2014

I stayed at this hotel during April of 2014 and the stay was good. The hotel has bee updated and the rooms are clean. The pool is outdoors and was closed during this time. The staff was friendly and the breakfast changed slightly daily. The breakfast was ok and offered two hot items and several pastry's and juices. I was pleased with my stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Candice_Cross, General Manager at Hampton Inn Owensboro South, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Thank you for being our guest! It's great to hear you enjoyed your stay with us. Maybe the next time you're in Owensboro, our pool will be open for your enjoyment. Thanks again for staying with us, and I hope to see you again soon!
Carmel, United States
Reviewed 1 April 2014

When i visit Owensboro, this hotel is always my first choice. Their rooms are always clean, comfortable beds, strong internet connectivity, great breakfast and welcoming hospitality. Their fitness room has all the essential equipment to get a great workout. I love the choices they have for their complimentary breakfast. most importantly, the healthy options.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us! We always love having you as our guest. Thank you for the kind words, always. I will pass on your compliments to our team. Thanks again for being our guest, and I hope to see you again soon!