“Good Hotel, Good Location”

Hampton Inn Owensboro South
Ranked #2 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I just needed a place to stay overnight. This place fit the bill nicely. The rooms were nice and clean. The hotel was the same. The breakfast was not very fancy, but completely satisfactory, as most Hampton Inns are. Overall, not many frills, but nice and simple. I would certainly look to stay here again next time I'm in town.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton
Candice_Cross, General Manager at Hampton Inn Owensboro South, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Thank you for being our guest! I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your recent stay at our property. I hope the next time you are in town you choose to stay with us again. We do offer a great complimentary breakfast and I'm glad you enjoyed it. Thanks again, and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 28 May 2014

Very clean, friendly, quiet. It is a brand new hotel so there are still some things being built, but we were in room 700 amazing views! Little league tour in town Sunday and they were able to keep up with the breakfast buffet which was amazing as well. We felt very safe and comfortable and the staff was very friendly. We will definitely be staying here again when we visit family. The restaurant on site was very overpriced and my fish was raw and they did nothing about it, but this is not on the hotel, this is on Lure. There is an amazing park for the kids and fountain on the river within walking distance.

Room Tip: Try to get a river view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Candice_Cross, General Manager at Hampton Inn Owensboro South, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Thank you for your wonderful comments about our Hampton Inn & Suites Downtown/Waterfront. I'm happy to hear you enjoyed your stay. I will pass on your kind words to that property as well. I agree that the location is spectacular and your view from room 700 was amazing, I'm sure! We look forward to seeing you again soon.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

Staff was exceptional. Room was clean, but in need of paint in a few places. Easy check-in and check-out. Easy to find and parking was free. The value was comparable to other hotels in the area. This was a business trip and I only spent one evening and night. There were plenty of restaurants and shopping close by. It was a lovely place and the trip was enjoyable.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for staying with us! I'm glad you enjoyed your recent visit to Owensboro and our property. We are continuously finding ways to improve our hotel, and thank you for your comments and suggestions. We hope to see you again on your next trip to our city.

Reviewed 20 May 2014

Great people at hotel, great city, new park along Ohio River great for kids and adults, city has changed for the better. Plenty of restaurants, places to see and do. Great shopping places. It has been five years since my last visit and the changes this city has made so much to do.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank John E
Candice_Cross, General Manager at Hampton Inn Owensboro South, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Thank you for your response! I'm so happy to see you love the improvements our city has made and is continuing to make. Hopefully it's not another 5 years before you come back, and that you choose to stay with us again! Thank you again.

Reviewed 19 May 2014

The night desk clerk went out of his way to take care of a maintenance issue in our room after maintenance hours. His helpfulness and courtesy allowed us to stay in the room we selected online for a medical condition. We will stay here again.

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your positive review! Our Night Auditor was overjoyed when he heard how much his helpfulness meant to you. I'm happy to see you enjoyed your recent stay with us. I apologize for your inconvenience, but am pleased to see how it was handled. Thank you for staying with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 15 May 2014 via mobile

This location is very nice. It is clean and the rooms are very comfortable. The staff was excellent and friendly, as was the cleaning staff. I would stay here again in a heartbeat.
Frederica Street has access to most of town, from what I saw. Downtown is an easy drive from this location and it is close to lots of restaurants and shopping, though most nearby is chain stores and restaurants.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Candice_Cross, General Manager at Hampton Inn Owensboro South, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Thank you for your kind words about our property and team members. We take pride in our service driven staff, and am glad you were able to experience them first hand. I'm happy you were able to check out our developing downtown riverfront. Thank you for staying with us and hopefully we see you again soon!

Reviewed 13 May 2014

Going back to my hometown to visit family and knowing that at the end of a busy day, I can put my head down for a good nights sleep is a real plus. Also, love my coffee in the morning, helps to start my day !!

Review collected in partnership with Hampton

Thank you for your wonderful response! We were happy to have you as our guest during your recent trip to your home town. I'm pleased you enjoyed your stay! Thank you for staying with us and hopefully we see you when you return to Owensboro.