“Extremely dirty. Would never stay here.”

Fairfield Inn by Marriott Owensboro
Ranked #4 of 13 Hotels in Owensboro
Louisville, Kentucky
“Extremely dirty. Would never stay here.”
Reviewed 3 December 2011

The first issue we experienced upon check-in was rather minor. We carried all of our luggage up to our room on the second floor to find that neither of the keys given to us worked. We went back to the check-in desk and were given new keys. Once we got in the room we noticed the toilet seat was covered in dry urine. We called the front desk and they told us to come back down stairs to get a new room assignment. Upon entering the second room we found dry feces all over the toilet seat. We immediately went to the front desk and checked out. If the bathrooms aren't clean I can only imagine what the rest of the room was like! We drove to hotel immediately behind this property and checked in. We were given friendly service and a room with a clean bathroom!

Room Tip: Check the bathroom!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Snoww1912

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Louisville, Kentucky
Reviewed 10 February 2011

When staying in a small-quaint town like Owensboro KY, one sometimes feels (as I have in the past) that I have not much choice where I stay as choices are, of course, limited...The 7th of Feb I checked in @ the Fairfield-as good as choice as any for what I was expecting...a clean place to sleep with a comfy bed, and non smoking. Not too much to ask for and always given by every Marriott-Fairfield I have ever stayed....WOW! What a pleasant suprise! The staff were AMAZING! Good service is, as we all know, something we expect from 21C Hotel in Lville or a "boutique" hotel in Manhattan, BUT in Owensboro, KY-at a great rate? For instance, ten min. after checking in I rec'd a call from the front desk (Nikki) to make sure all was well. Nice touch! A few hours later, as I crossed paths with Barbie, an "off the clock" employee on her way to her car to go home, I mentioned how cold it was outside...When I got back up to my room, this woman was standing in the cold salting the front entrance! The next morning, as staff changes, STILL excellent service with checkout. I will stay again and will refer anyone. Great excersize area, I didn't swim-but nice pool and hot tub, SPOTLESS room (and I notice). To sum it up...Whatever "fluff" that one may pay for at another hotel in a larger city, this Fairfield Inn in Owensboro makes up for with a seemingly genuine "need to please" attitude-and it's not like I was the only guest-the lot was very busy.The staff I experienced at this Hotel were truly concerned that I had a good stay, and I appreciate that- a lot. Kudos to Nikki, Barbie, and GM Mark(?) for a job above and beyond. This is the first time I have EVER reviewed a hotel online as I felt in the past that "you get what you pay for" well, Feb. 7th I certainly rec'd more than I paid for or expected from the staff at Fairfield Inn in Owensboro Kentucky.

• Stayed February 2011
1 Thank JimmyNLville
Owensboro, Kentucky
Reviewed 5 January 2011

We stayed here a while until we were to close on our home. It is a very clean hotel and the staff was always very friendly. Which is so nice, when you are living here day in and out. The COMPLIMENTARY breakfast was always good, lots to choose from and not just pastries, plus the tables were always very clean.
The rooms had nice decor with ample space in the bathrooms. Beds and pillows extremely comfortable.
Free WiFi was also very helpful to watch my Netflix movies and browse the internet.
It is located not far from airport and next to all the good restaurants and shopping in Owensboro.

I can't say enough good things about it. They have a good staff that really cares about their job.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TheGreatExpectations
Pine Valley, California
Reviewed 14 October 2010

Clean new place, very good breakfast, Clean, Great staff

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Tennessee
Reviewed 5 October 2010

Stayed here while passing thru KY and was pleasantly surprised by the hotel. The room was clean and the bed was comfy. The staff was friendly and made the stay enjoyable. The breakfast was good and the staff did a super job of keeping everything stocked, which was not easy being a Saturday morning! I would stay there again and would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
Indiana
Reviewed 26 September 2010

Great staff, very friendly and helpful. However, the rooms are extremely drab...high ceilings, plain beige walls, no pictures, no border, no color!!! Almost institution like!!! The bed was without a doubt the most uncomfortable bed I had ever slept (or should I say tried) in. It was so soft it would literally swallow you!! I asked if all the beds were that uncomfortable and they said the beds were all brand new- they got ripped off!!!! We were planning on staying a week, but we left after the second night, tired and with aching backs. The breakfast was great, but definately not worth $120+ bucks a night!!

• Stayed August 2010
Reviewed 2 August 2010

We traveled to Owensboro Ky this weekend to visit Holiday World in Ind.
Rooms were clean but seemed small. Hotel was nice so I expected to sleep comfortable. That was not the case. Bed were too soft. you felt like you rolled to the center. Could not get the room cool we checked out after the first night and went to the Hampton Inn down the road.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family