“Great Hotel”

Ranked #19 of 29 Hotels in Paducah
Nashville, Tennessee, United States
“Great Hotel”
Reviewed 21 August 2013

My wife and I go to Paducah sometimes for a low key restful weekend, The town never disappoints. Though the town is starting to suffer again due to the Hopey Chancey economy there are still things to do and the people are very nice., As far as the Hotel, customer service was above board, They went out of their way to solve a CS issue, ( they didnt have a crib for our baby as I requested) The hotel was spotless, location was good, Beds were comfortable. The only problem is you have to leave sometime :O(

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Harry D
Stacy T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Paducah, responded to this review, 26 August 2013
Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! We do hope that you will keep us in mind the next time you are traveling through Paducah! We are glad you enjoyed your stay!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (27)
Tunnel Hill, Georgia
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stay a lot at IHG hotels and this was a good stay,as expected. Staff was friendly and the hotel was very convenient to restaurants and shopping. Mattress slept well and the room was clean and very roomy. Would stay again when in area.

Room Tip: All rooms are good.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay! We do hope that you keep us in mind for any future travels!
Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed 23 July 2013

I stayed at the Candlewood for 7 weeks. The staff was absolutely amazing. Becky, Anita, *Megan, Loren, and Steve were like family. They all work very hard to ensure you're taken care of. Housekeeping staff was the best and worked around my schedule to ensure my room stayed clean with two large breed dogs. The dogs loved the staff two who took the time to check in on them while I was at work and even walked them when they had time. I would stay here again for work or leisure.
Positives:
-Dedicated, hard working, friendly staff
-Clean rooms, with very comfortable beds and plenty of hot water
-Close to shopping and great eateries, and downtown riverfront
-Close to an off leash dog park and walking trails
-Plenty of outdoor space to walk the dogs
-Free laundry
-Great selection of free videos
-Complimentary dinner on Wednesday evening around the gazebo

Make it a priority to stay with this Home Away From Home during your travels

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
Stacy T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Paducah, responded to this review, 9 August 2013
Thank you for your kind words! We are so glad to have had the opportunity to have you as our guest and we wish the absolute best for you and your family! We definately miss seeing Brutus and Tidus romping through the property!
Huntsville, Alabama
Reviewed 22 July 2013

I have two kids so the "no pool" is a problem. However, they even like this hotel. I found all the employees to be extremely nice. The beds are very comfortable (important to me :-) ). It is also nice that they have a free washer and dryer. I was able to wash a load of clothes!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for reviewing our property! We hope to have you as our guest again soon!
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Imagine staying at a hotel where you feel more than appreciated; walking into a spotless suite that exceeds your expectations! Imagine feeling "at home." Traveling is my #1 hobby; having traveled all over the world, trust me, I've shared your nightmares. Just left (third stay in past 2 months); wouldn't stay anywhere else in Paducah, rarely have we ever been so pleased. Not only are the suites clean (really), they are reasonably priced, spacious and well equipped. The staff go out of their way to accommodate. Seriously. General Manager Stacy Thomas is outstanding. She cares about all guests, treated me like family, and thankfully, her staff follow her lead. Anita, Steven, Cindy, Megan all addressed me by name and resolved any issues immediately. Tonya and Katrina are excellent house keepers, always courteous and thorough to leave room squeaky clean. Tonya strives to help me feel at home. Staff love animals, especially our Pomeranian Cinnamon.

Nice décor, new full size microwave, fridge, dishwasher and stovetop! Spacious cabinets fully equipped. King bed was very comfortable; living room separated by a real door, with large TV's and dresser drawers in both areas. AC worked well, especially helpful after a bike ride in 95 degree weather. Radio alarm and closet in both bed and living rooms. Large recliner and queen sofa bed that was actually comfortable. Added plus: Free lemonade & mint patties in lobby, free use of DVD library, free washer & dryer, quality working treadmills. Loved their well-stocked snack room @ reasonable cost. Relaxed in gazebo out back, where we enjoyed complimentary dinner Wednesdays. Excellent location, close to nice restaurants and shopping mall. Can't wait to return! Well done Candlewood Suites! A+++

Room Tip: If need a lot of room, I suggest one-bedroom suite with separated living room/kitchen, extra privacy...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Your review is overwhelmingly nice! Our team is so glad to have exceeded your expectations and we are so glad to have had you as our guest! Thank you for choosing our property to be your home away from home!
Vicksburg, MS
Reviewed 14 June 2013

I am currently staying at this hotel and am extremely disappointed. If there had been another option available, I would have walked right back to my car and gone somewhere else. The actual hotel itself is fine. However, the staff member that checked me in came off very rude and unfriendly which immediately soured my opinion of this establishment.

First, I had to wait 10 minutes for the staff member to show up at the desk. She didn't greet me, nor was she friendly. I had originally requested a lower floor and 2 of the 1BR King suites. This is what was confirmed to me when I made my reservation. When we got here, we got only one of the suites I requested and then a regular double bed guest room. They were both also on the top floor, instead of a lower floor. When I stated that one of the rooms was not correct, she rudely stated the hotel only had 4 rooms available and those were the rooms we were getting. She then said if I did the reservation online, they've been having issues with the computer so it's not her fault more or less. I can almost forgive the fact that they didn't have our room available as promised, but being rude about it is NOT acceptable. I'M THE CUSTOMER. An apology goes a long way. The way you come off to me when there is a mistake is what will drive my reaction to your mistake and color my view of the type of business you are running. I've worked years in customer service so I know what it's like to be on that side and deal with the public. It takes a lot to rub me wrong and she managed to do just that. Also, if you know you've been having issues with the computer, maybe you should fix it? Or call the customers with reservations and let them know you don't have that certain room type available.

Another complaint is that almost every single time I go outside or by the front desk, this staff member is sitting outside talking. I've never been at a hotel where a member of the staff does this constantly and isn't at the desk to wait on guests. I shouldn't have to call you on your cordless phone to get you to come help me. YOU SHOULD BE THERE ALREADY.

I'm not impressed with the customer service at this hotel at all and I will not be back.We usually stay at the Residence Inn and have always had an amazing experience there. We decided to try Candlewood this one time due to the fact that Residence Inn didn't have our usual 2 BR suite available. Never again. I don't care how nice a hotel is or if it's ranked #1....if your staff is rude and unhelpful, you get a big fat "F" and will not get my business again.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank sdgilliam8
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Paducah, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Dear downsouthgirl80,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. We take all feedback seriously, and sincerely regret that we were not able to satisfy you with the service you have received. Kindly be assured that all your comments are being reviewed by the hotel's management and appropriate action will be taken. I assure you that every comment, no matter how small, is taken very seriously. We hope to get a chance of hosting you again and show you how great our hotel is.

Karen G.
Case Manager
IHGCare
Greenville, South Carolina
Reviewed 12 June 2013

This location was definitely meant for business people and not for just a leisurely stay. This location does not have a pool which greatly distressed my grandson nor did it offer a breakfast which we have grown accustomed to in other motels. This location was not at all quiet. Could hear showers running and toilets flushing in the other rooms as well as people meandering and talking in the halls. We would not have stayed here except when I made the reservations I accidentally made them through Expedia (Not sure how that happened) and I could not get a refund on my credit card. The lady at the front desk did say they were having problems with their booking system.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Thank you for taking the time to leave a review for our property. I apologize for any inconveniences you faced during the booking process and hope that you we can have you as our guest again in the future.