“Very, very nice.”

Candlewood Suites Paducah
Ranked #19 of 28 Hotels in Paducah
Reviewed 11 May 2014

Great location and real good price for a one room suite. Beds and sheets good, as well as pillows. Very clean and well kept. Great quit location close to I24 and dinning options. Decent shopping area. Front staff attentive and pleasant.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Our stay did not start off well nor end well. The front desk was pleasant when we checked in, but upon arriving at our room we realized that they did not give us the correct room type. We had reserved a non-smoking king room and were given a room with 2 double beds. This is unacceptable with a confirmed reservation. We were traveling for leisure and was only one night so we made do. The beds were adequate but not comfortable for someone over 6 feet tall. When taking a shower the next morning we noticed black mold growing in the shower where the top of the shower met the drywall. This is highly unacceptable. We will be staying elsewhere if we come back to the area. The 3 stars is generous in my opinion.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank missouriguy_416
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Paducah, responded to this reviewResponded 10 May 2014

Dear missouriguy_416,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re very sorry you were not satisfied with the condition of the bed and bathroom. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas. We welcome any opportunity to improve.

Ferdinand G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 16 April 2014 via mobile

First of all, I have been a guest at your hotel off and on for three years. And things have gone so downhill, that this will be our final stay. The staff used to be one of my favorite things about the property and now management gets an attitude with me, almost every time we come in contact. I choose to do a lot of cleaning and laundry myself, and that is a personal preference but when I ask to get a few extra towel, I don't expect the operations manager to snap at me because they are short on towels. The first floor's washer and dryers have been broken for a very long period of time. When I say long, I mean I don't think there has ever been a time that they have fully worked for me at all. Not to mention, they have cut out Wednesday dinner. Your competitors have so much more to off me, and I hate to go elsewhere but there is no choice.

Again, Candlewood Suites in Paducah used to be the place I was looking forward to staying, and now every time I leave for work and know I am going there, I dread it. You really need to work with management's personality towards her guest because she has run us off this time.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Anonymousone2
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Candlewood Suites Paducah, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Anonymousone2,

Thank you for taking the time to review our property. We give the utmost importance to our guest comments as they help us improve, and continually provide the best guest experience possible. We regret you received service that was less than satisfactory this particular stay. Your feedback is of great importance to us and allows us to monitor and improve our service continually. I would like to address your experience further, and have sent you an email with additional details.

Thank you again for your comments and for staying with us.

Connie D
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 7 January 2014 via mobile

Clean, modern, and a great staff. My only complaint is that the website said they offer breakfast but they actually do not. It's not about the breakfast but about the concept. Also, no Dunkin Donuts or Starbucks anywhere near the hotel. Otherwise, the hotel is great and met all of my expectations.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank TravelMo1981
Stacy T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Paducah, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2014

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay! We do hope to have you as our guest again soon!

Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

Had not stayed in a Candlewood before. Pleasantly surprised. Very nice front desk people. Booked on line through IGH and got a discounted rate of $60. Which was wonderful. Great king bed with plenty of pillows. Room had a complete kitchen including dishes. Front desk said they catered to longer stay customers but were glad to accommodate us. Will definitely stay again when I'm in the area. If you are looking for breakfast they don't have anything in house but there are five or six places within a couple of blocks. Save you money and stay here and eat elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank CFsaintpaul

Thank you for your kind words and great review. We hope you are having a wonderful New Year and please keep us in mind during your travels!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

As soon as you walk in the door you are met with the best staff I have experienced in any hotel I have stayed at! The room is very contemporary! Granite counters in the both the kitchen and the bath. Do you know when you walk in a room and smell "clean" not just an air freshener cover up? You will find that here. If you come here for business, the internet speed will have you completing you work even faster. I ran a speed test as soon as I came here, it read 6 mps, and it’s a nice change from hotels that I have stayed at that had less than .2 mps! When I came back to Paducah for business I came here specifically because last time the Holiday Inn was sold out. I am so glad that happened because guess where I stayed again this time? Do yourself a favor and just book at the Candlewood Suites. I work for the Railroad so I have stayed at a bunch of hotels this once sets the bar quite high.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Chuck C
Stacy T, General Manager at Candlewood Suites Paducah, responded to this reviewResponded 25 November 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to review our property and your most recent stay! We appreciate all the feedback and hope to have you as our guest again in the near future. Happy Holidays and safe travels from our Candlewood family to yours!

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We were very pleased with this hotel. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable with a great bed. We loved that they had great dvd's available to borrow. Would stay here again in a heartbeat!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kelli W

Thank you for the great review! We are so pleased to know you enjoyed your stay. We hope to have you as our guest again soon! Happy Holidays and safe travels from our Candlewood family to yours!