“Biggest steaks ever, great live music, great service”
Review of Doe's Eat Place

Doe's Eat Place
Ranked #10 of 216 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

My wife and I were spending the night in Paducah and wanted to eat somewhere local. This was suggested by several store owners we had visited. Everything was great, I rarely give 5 stars but this placed deserved it. The steaks are the biggest I have ever seen at a restaurant. We shared a filet and got 2 lobster tails as well and the tamales. We were constantly taken care of. The live music was unbelievable, he played a wide variety of music nonstop for over 3 hours, not even a pee break. Everything that evening was great. we will be returning.

Reviewed 13 June 2018

It's not often that I cannot finish a steak, but the ribeye at Doe's was too huge (and that's a good thing!). Perfectly seasoned, well marbled, and tender...everything you want in a steak. I had a desire for fries, rare for me because I'm usually disappointed with restaurant fries. I ordered them and they were awesome...crispy and hot. This was my second visit to Doe's. My third visit will be the next time I'm in Paducah. This is on the must visit list.

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

What a great find. One of the best steaks ever. Be hungry, The steaks are big. Salad was crispy & house dressing was superb. Service was excellent. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 11 June 2018

My wife and I went to this eatery for our 40th wedding anniversary. Had reservations and we were seated early but in basically in a doorway, which was very loud and very congested. It was prom night and the place was packed. My wife and I shared a 2 lb. tbone with baked potato. The meal was served and the steak was huge cooked well but very bland and under seasoned. There was an unpleasant odor from the table that was the baked potato it looked as though it had set under a heat lamp for hours. The baked potato was returned and they brought hand cut fries that were edible but cold. Both my wife and I drank water, the service was very slow but as I said the place was packed. The bill for the meal came it was 51.00 which was not a shock but for the meal that was presented was highly overpriced. That however is not the end of this story, this was April 28th 2018. I paid the bill with my debit card and always leave the tip in cash. I returned home and on April 30th was doing my on-line banking and I noticed the charge for doe's place was 61.00 I knew I had crossed through the tip on the ticket and had left cash. I showed the charge to my wife and I said I would call. We live a couple of hours away so could'nt just go down there. I called and asked to speak to a manager they said sure and explained the situation to him and he said no problem took my information and said give it a few days and it would be on the card. On May 4th I checked the account, nothing so I called back talked to another person that said they were a manager same thing and nothing happened. May 12th called again and the person took all my information again and assured me the issue would be resolved that he would give it to the general manager and also said I would be called back that this was accomplished, no word nothing. Now it is 6-11-2018 and I still have yet to receive a phone call from management and still have not received the 10.00 I was overcharged. I would not eat at this establishment again.

1  Thank Eric Mr M
Reviewed 9 June 2018

Have eaten at Doe's several times in past years when working in the area. Went back a few days ago for lunch and again enjoyed the catfish. It is crispy and pure and delicious! I also loved the "fresh cut" fries! I don't ever eat french fries because I simply do not care for frozen fries! There is no way they taste good to me. However, fresh cut fries, when properly fried, are delicious and these were terrific! I ate every last one. I also have to add that the tartar sauce for the fish is some of the best! This is a great lunch place and I highly recommend the catfish and, if you don't have to go back to work, enjoy a great draft beer with it!