“Thai food for the burger crowd”
Review of Jasmine

Jasmine
Ranked #45 of 210 Restaurants in Paducah
Cuisines: Sushi, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 10 February 2013

If you're a lover of authentic Thai food then Jasmine will probably be a big disappointment; the Thai food there is just mediocre. I think the whole purpose of Jasmine is to make people who usually eat at a burger place feel as if they're doing something exotic. It must be working because the two times I've been there the place has been pretty crowded. Even though the restaurant bills itself as a Thai restaurant, Thai food is really a small part of the menu, and what's on there has been sanitized for western tastes, with only a few items keeping their Thai names (pad thai, tom yum, for example).

Their prices for the Thai food are not outrageous, but they do seem a bit high for what you're getting, especially when meat or seafood is added to an item. Service was good both times we were there, although the one time our orders really took an inordinate amount of time to come out.

Sushi also seems to be a big part of what is served there and maybe that's what a lot of people go for, although steaks and other western food are also on the menu. Being a vegetarian I can't speak to the quality of those items.

Overall, the atmosphere is enjoyable and service is good. Just don't go there for the Thai food.

1  Thank ga2607

Reviewed 19 January 2013

Get the volcano chicken or a steak! Nice bar area but also good for family or friends. Sushi is the wifes fav but you cant beat the quality for the price. Ive only had one bad meal really out of say 30, but its one of the top ten places in town to eat for sure. If your local you can get a savings card that is nice...................

Reviewed 15 January 2013

I love our waitress Ariel! She was very funny and pleasant to be around. She helped me with learning how to use chop sticks. Was very knowledgeable about the various foods. This was my first time eating sushi and would say it was a wonderful experience!

Reviewed 28 December 2012

Last night, my sister and I decided to try Jasmine's in Paducah. We are both Thai food lovers (and have traveled extensively in Asia). I must tell you that was some of the worst food and general service I have ever had. One Exception: The waitress was wonderful and none of this is her fault in the least.

We ordered Spring Rolls -- which were obviously not handmade (but frozen)

My sister ordered the Tom Yum, while I ordered the Tom Kah. The waitress delivered 2 Tom Yums -- no Tom Kah. Of course, I sent it back -- because I absolutely love Tom Kah. It took about 5 minutes to come back, and I'm pretty sure someone just poured coconut milk in the Tom Yum and served it. Pretty disgusting.(Yes, I agree that there are regional differences in the exact recipe for Tom Kah, but I've never seen tomatoes in Tom Kah.)

We also ordered drunk noodles with shrimp. The dish came out lukewarm (at best), the noodles were glutenous (obviously kept the noodles in hot water too long), and it was with chicken, not shrimp.

The waitress talked to the manager who looked right at us, but never came to the table, and the tab was discounted. But that certainly was not the point. We were more than willing to pay for a nice Thai dinner. Needless to say, next time we will be going back to Spicy Ginger.

Reviewed 22 September 2012

I love sushi and I love Thai food. What better. Did have a very hard time finding it as my GPS said the street didn't exist. Worth the wild goose chase to find it tucked away behind a mall. Had sushi appetizer and Thai entree. Delicious! Server was very friendly. Plenty of vegetarian choices. Defiantly going back next time I'm in the area. Chocolate Rangoon was AMAZING!

Been to Jasmine? Share your experiences!