“Disappointed”

Ranked #10 of 29 Hotels in Paducah
Crestwood, Kentucky
“Disappointed”
Reviewed 25 July 2014

While a newer hotel, I found myself disappointed by the apparent inattention to detail by management on a number of different fronts. One, the exercise room TVs on the treadmills failed to work not to mention the entire elliptical machine being out of order. At breakfast Saturday, the sole juice machine was not turned on even though the breakfast area was packed with diners. Lastly, when I awoke Sunday morning, I found ants not only on my phone next to the nighstand but also ants on the desk. I advised the very pleasant front desk staff who then apologized. At this interstate intersection are many hotels comparable to this one, Drury Inn and Suites, Courtyard by Marriott, and Holdiay Inn Express, and I will be staying at those when I next visit Paducah for work.

Room Tip: Room on third floor facing front of hotel proved quiet.
Green Features: Hotel displayed employment of environmental friendly practices.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Robert K
Greg T, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Paducah, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Robert,

I am sorry you had difficulties with the TV's or equipment in the fitness center. Although labeled, some guests tend to change the channel on the equipment televisions (on the equipment) rather than using the remote,; this leads to no channel being shown til the source is changed back. As far as a piece of equipment not working, we will check to ensure all are in working order.
I am surprised the juice machine was not on during the breakfast hours, I will pass this information on to our staff that works the area.
The hotel utilizes a great Pest control company that GTD's their services; I will be sure to contact them in regards to you comments.

Please be sure to bring any issues to our attention as they arise so we may correct be able to correct them during your stay and thus increase your satisfaction.

Thank you for letting us know!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
midwest
Reviewed 24 July 2014 via mobile

Spent a night here on the way to the Great Smoky Mountains. Front desk staff were very personable and friendly. Hotel common areas were well maintained. The pool is very small, but great for keeping up with small kids in the pool. Used the tennis court in back for a bit, great benefit. Rooms were immaculate and beds very comfortable. Breakfast pretty typical, but more seating than other Fairfield Inns we've stayed. Definetely no hesitation recommending this hotel to someone else.

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank MWsogetthis
Jacksonville, Florida
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stay at a lot of Fairfield's and this is one of the better ones. Well kept, clean, and great breakfast. Staff was very friendly and helpful. A little tricky to find, even using a GPS. Fortunately, you can see it from the interstate. This hotel is very convenient to the interstate making it a good overnight stop.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 June 2014 via mobile

We were hesitant to stay here - there were 11 other hotels in Paducah ranked higher - so glad we stayed here! The rate was great - far better than neighboring hotels. The beds and pillows were comfortable. The front desk was very nice. The internet works well and is free. The carpet in the room was clean - I didn't make the kids wear their shoes the whole time - that's a big deal for us! We could hear some highway noise, but not to the point of keeping us awake. We didn't use the pool or other amenities. Pleased with the stay and will stay again.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank llaugh8424
Hayti, Missouri
Reviewed 20 June 2014

I stayed at the Fairfield Inn in Paducah for one night during the Metropolis, IL Superman Celebration. It was only about a 10 minute drive away from Metropolis, thanks to its nearness to the highway, making its location perfect. I did take the tips here seriously and asked for a room not facing the highway. The room I ended up with was quiet. I'm a light sleeper, so that's always an issue for me. Rooms are modern (you can tell this property is pretty new), breakfast was surprisingly good (try the biscuits and gravy) and I enjoyed the free coffee in the lobby 24/7. The staff were friendly and helpful. Finally, the beds were some of the most comfortable I've slept on. I will be booking here again for next year's Celebration.

Room Tip: Be sure to ask for a room away from the highway for a peaceful night's sleep.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank robm103
Pakenham, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 18 June 2014

This hotel is off the interstate and great for those with a vehicle, as we flew in for a short business visit and taxis are low on the ground it would be great for the hotel to offer a shuttle to the local mall or to the local restaurants. We would have gladly walked, but there are few footpaths and pedestrian lights are only in downtown.
The staff were more than helpful at all times, from the desk staff to the house staff, a very happy group. An enjoyable 2 night stay in a comfortable and clean room.

Room Tip: Paducah only has limited taxi service
Green Features: They have implemented various practices to meet environmental impact
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Amanda B
Calabash, North Carolina
Reviewed 25 May 2014

We were pleasantly greeted upon our arrival by the Asst. General Manager, Brandon. He was the most helpful person I've ever experienced at a hotel while on vacation. He gave us great places to dine as well as directions to everything we wanted to see. The accommodations and services were very good but Brandon was the shining star this trip. And, it was just a very short distance to Hancock's of Paducah and shopping there was one of the reasons for the trip.

Room Tip: As requested a friend and I had adjoining double queen rooms and that worked out perfectly for us.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends