“This is truly an art museum of the highest caliber.”

The National Quilt Museum
National Quilt Museum Admission Pass
Ranked #2 of 37 things to do in Paducah
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: The National Quilt Museum is a nationally recognized art museum that exhibits the finest fiber art in the world. In an average year, the museum is visited by quilters and art lovers from all 50 states and over 40 countries worldwide. Our exhibits rotate throughout the year so they will be different every time you visit. We are a four time TripAdvisor Certificate of Excellence winner. If you enjoy art museum's you will love The National Quilt Museum. Open 10am to 5pm M-Sa and 1pm to 5pm on Sunday.
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Prepare to spend at least 3 hours. This is high art. It's not what I thought quilting was at all. Be surprised, be awed, and enjoy.

1  Thank laurafromstl
"downtown paducah"
"traditional"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed 15 July 2014

Traditional geometric piecework quilts are themselves acts of precision, creativity, and women's art, but they don't hold a candle to the astounding modern art quilts collected in the National Quilt Museum. I spent seven hours of bliss in this museum: I'm such a fangirl that I arrived when they opened and didn't leave until closing. I would especially like to thank the volunteer docent Robert, who took me on a personal tour of all three wings of the museum and even went so far above and beyond that he let me meet the Education Director and the Curator. My only regret is that the National Quilt Museum is only big enough to display a tiny fraction of their total holdings. I would've loved to revel in the sight of each and every quilt in their collection. It was a dream come true to make it to Paducah to see the museum, and I had a joyful day. TIP: Don't forget to ask for the AAA discount on admission if you're a member.

1  Thank DrColby
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I'm not a quilter nor an enthusiast, but the quilts were eye-popping...absolutely amazing. We only had about 20 minutes before closing and the admissions desk had closed. We were leaving early the next morning and couldn't come back to see it so they allowed us to go in for a donation and a promise to leave voluntarily at closing time. So glad I had the opportunity to see it.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

What a beautiful art gallery--every quilt is a work of art. Such variety and color...some quilts tell a story and there are docents available to share the details as well as their passion for quilting and for the museum. They were able to direct our attention to aspects of the quilts we would otherwise have missed. Many quilts are hung along side an explanation of the work as well as a bio of the quilter. We spent a couple of hours in the museum in order to thoroughly enjoy each quilt with the opportunity to get close enough to admire every tiny stitch.

1  Thank LongIslandMabel