“Excellent Stay”

La Quinta Inn & Suites Paducah
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Paducah
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 31 August 2014

Chrisma the front desk attendant was very professional and helpful with us during checkin. She helped us out, worked very hard to get us the accommodations we needed. This a new hotel and everything is clean but regardless it is run professionally and the friendliness of the staff is exceptional. The rooms here are NOT typical La Quinta, rather they are very modern and contemporary with plenty of outlets as well as a fridge, coffee maker and microwave. Our room had two queen beds as well as a couch (not sure if it was a pullout).

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta
VickPaducah, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Paducah, responded to this reviewResponded 4 September 2014

Let me start by thanking you for taking time and giving feedback regarding your recent stay at our property. Your feedback is very much appreciated and I can assure you that my staff and I use this information to do everything possible to create an enjoyable experience for each of our guests. We hope to see you again. If we can be of assistance in the future, don't hesitate to contact us at 270-443-4800. Again, thanks for taking the time and have a great day!

Reviewed 31 August 2014

I stayed here with my boyfriend and a friend earlier in August, and at the time it had only been open for maybe two weeks. You could see it from the highway, which was great, but you had to check a block to get to it. It was incredibly clean, very modern, and the staff were very friendly and helpful! The lady at the front desk was sweet, but a little too talkative for my taste. Sometimes I just wanted to scoot up to my room undetected. However, my friend left his dog tags by the pool, and the staff were kind enough to mail it to him once we reached our final destination on our road trip. My only two complaint was how stiff the bed was (woke up with a stiff neck on the morning, no fun). Otherwise, it was an enjoyable stay. Bonus: there was no pet fee for our dog!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Let me start by saying I've never left a review!! I called to get a king suite and asked if my 2 small dogs could stay, the man on the phone said yes. I purchased through price line. When checking in the older man was rude. A family member which was not staying with me took my dogs to the room while I got my luggage. The older man at the front desk saw my family member with the dogs walking up the stairs and literally went after her as if she was committing a crime. He asked her where she was going with those dogs, she said not sure and went to look at the paper which had the key in it and he grabbed it out of her hand and started yelling at her that she can not have dogs on the 4th floor, he yelled at her and told her he would call the cops if he had to. He then saw me and started yelling at me that I can not stay on the 4th floor with dogs you have to stay on the 2nd floor. I replied ok will I still get my King Suite on the 2nd floor. He said no and then just kept yelling that I cant be on the 4th floor. I told him to give me a few since I had to get with Price line. It did take me a while to get through to Price line, so I stayed in the hotel while my family member took the dogs to the car. The older man went out to the car my family member was in twice to ask where I was and that if he had to he would call the cops. She replied that I was inside. He came up to me yelling while I was on the phone to give my key back, I replied I am on the phone give me a min.. Since he would not stop harassing me I went out to the car to continue speaking to price line. He came out there for the last time, yelling at me what was I going to do. Not sure I would get reimbursed yet, I told him I am not staying here. I had already decided even if I wasn't getting my money back I would not be staying here getting harassed as if I had done something wrong. The paperwork I had signed the older man refused to give it back to me. I have never been spoke to or harassed like that at a hotel, especially after doing absolutely nothing wrong. I actually go to Paducah a lot and I will never stay at La Quinta. I stayed the weekend at Drury Suites which gave me a free upgrade and very nice people. I tried to call La Quinta to speak to the manager on 3 diff. occasions but he was never there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
VickPaducah, Manager at La Quinta Inn & Suites Paducah, responded to this reviewResponded 9 September 2014

I would like to thank you for taking the time to leave a feedback.

Yes we are pet friendly hotel and we allow max of 2 pets.

Upon check in you had more people and pets than what you had told us.

I had to review our videos in the hotel for that day because its company's violations to follow a guest to a car or grab something out of their hand. Upon reviewing the video I did not see our front desk clerk grabbing keys out of her hands and yelling at her. Also front desk clerk didn't step out the hotel and go to the car. The whole time he was in the lobby.

You had booked through price for 1 adult but obviously had more so the cost of your room changed and you had more than 2 pets. You didn't want to pay the difference so you decided to leave. Your reservation had 24 hour cancellation policy and we still approved the cancellation at no cost to you.

I can be reached at 270-443-4800 if you have any questions. I am available 7 days a week.

A La Quinta traveler
Simpsonville, SC
Reviewed 26 August 2014

Review collected in partnership with La Quinta

Reviewed 12 August 2014

The La Quinta Inn has really nice accommodations for families.The whole family went and we really enjoyed our stay. The staff was very accommodating and very apt to grab anything we needed such as extra towels, soap, and coffee cups. The pool was kept clean and water was not all over the floor for my kids to fall on. The breakfast is minimal but not to shabby. Overall this hotel is good for the value.

2  Thank Lacey G

Reviewed 12 August 2014

Had a good stay And the rooms were clean. The restrooms were clean and the room didnt smell at all. the hotel looked real nice just the like the pictures on the internet. The service was good and they treated us good and respectfull with no uncomfortable feeling.

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Hemi5punto7

Reviewed 12 August 2014

best place I've stayed in a long time. Very easy check in and out. People were very friendly. Didn't feel like I was bothering them when I had questions. It was very clean unlike other places I've stayed. And enjoyed waking up to a good breakfast. Definitely will stay here again!!

• Stayed: August 2014