“Perfect Stay!”

Ranked #12 of 29 Hotels in Paducah
Naperville, IL.
“Perfect Stay!”
Reviewed 14 July 2009

Look no further! This is the place to stay in Paducah. The check in was smooth handled by a friendly, professional staff who truely cared about our visit. The entire property was spotless. The rate of $101 for a beautiful suite was a bargain when other places charge almost as much or as much for a small cramped room. Sorry I'll take the apartment like space with a kitchen (fridge, sink, microwave, shelves ect.). Our room was already set at 70 degrees when we arrived which is nice on a hot day - no waiting for the room to cool down. The bathroom area was beautiful and the shower - wow ! That was so soothing! The bed was one of the most comfortable I've ever slept on. The complementary breakfast was outstanding - one of the best hotel breakfasts I've ever had. The indoor pool & whirlpool was so nice - again spotless. There is nothing negative to say about this place except for having to leave it. We will be back there again. There are no surprises here except the surprise of everything being right on. Take my advice. Stay here, relax & enjoy.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank traverlerjack

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 27 June 2009

We stayed at this hotel recently. It seems to be a new property and is very clean and extremely nice. We rented one of their suites, which was spacious and very comfortable and clean. There was a power outage from a storm while we were there, and we thought it strange that they didn't have a generator to provide lights, but that's the only negative we found there. The complimentary breakfast was the best I've ever had in any hotel; they had steel cut oatmeal in a crock pot that was extraordinarily good (unlike those instant oatmeal packets at other hotels) and they had scrambled eggs and sausage along with other items. We would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travelbugbigtime
Louisville, KY
Reviewed 29 April 2009

Stayed here on extended business. Staff was very accommodating, helpful, and friendly. Location was great. Near interstate for access, and not far from downtown. Rooms are large and nicely furnished.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank derbywiz
Northern Illinois
Reviewed 14 April 2009

This place is a real gem and what makes it even better are the Team of people that make it a service oriented hotel. We left a treasured item behind, my 7 year old's old sleeping buddy " Bailey" behind in our room. Bailey is a well worn stuffed dog that means the world to him at certain times and not only did they find him, the manager called me personally and said " I know how you feel, I have children too and I know what you are going through". She sent Bailey OVERNIGHT at no charge to us and would not accept and remuneration on my part. Classy, human, service oriented and the hotel is wonderful, clean, and you can feel at home. We will stay with them and other hotels in this chain again!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank imaaveragejoe
Festus, MO
Reviewed 30 June 2008

This is a wonderfully clean hotel, one that immediately we felt very comfortable at. This is a relatively new hotel. When you walk in the door it smells new, which was exciting to us.

Check in was easy and smooth. The hotel is bright, modern and very clean. Our room was wonderful, the bed was outstanding. As far as our comfort goes, it was almost unmatched in comparison to all of our travels.

The location is very good. It's off the main drag, but still only a matter of seconds to get on the main road to get to the mall and every fast food place and restaurant imaginable. The basketball court was fun, although the pool was VERY cold and we couldn't swim much because it was so uncomfortable...no big deal though.

The staff is the only reason I can't give it five stars. I thought the staff was very friendly. The breakfast workers worked hard to give us an enjoyable breakfast, continually clearing plates, etc. That was on Friday and Sunday. Saturday was a fiasco. They didn't run out of food, they just took forever to get it out there. They ran out of bowls. I went to my room and got a bowl, but when I got back, they were out of spoons. It seems like there was just a lack of help there that day. The breakfast was very good...eggs, sausage, hotcakes, waffles...it was great! It just would have been nice to have utensils, etc. to use.

Also, the staff seems ill-equipped to handle requests, both major and minor. A baseball team got stuck in the elevator. The staff had no clue as to what to do. Nobody knew who to call. We needed washcloths...there were none...in the entire hotel. And then they miraculously appeared when we called them a third time. We asked for new sheets for the sofabed. They told us they were in the closet. We told them that we used those and we needed fresh ones...there was silence on the phone. They didn't know what to do. After thirty minutes, I guess they figured out what to do and got us the sheets.

Honestly, the negatives are not enough to outweigh the wonderful stay we had. They were just annoyances that could have been avoided. The elevator situation scared me. What if there was fire, or something worse?

You will enjoy your stay at the Residence Inn. It is a wonderful facility. If they can just get the staff a little better trained, it will be even better!

• Stayed June 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank FHS45
Kansas City
Reviewed 4 May 2008

I have stayed at this hotel twice in the past 6 months, each time getting the studio room. This is a new hotel and frankly, the condition and amenities are superior to hotels I have stayed in at multiples of its price. The rooms are significantly better in design and furnishing to most other Residence Inns. The commons areas are both spacious and cozy. Since there is also a new Hampton Inn directly across the street, competition is likely to keep the prices down in the long term. I find a way to stay here if I can when traveling cross country.

• Liked — Condition, Amenities, Value
  • Disliked — Paducah is dull
  • Stayed May 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Kansas_Voyager
KY
Reviewed 17 April 2008

We stayed here a month when my hubby got his job transfer. I loved staying there. The staff was very friendly and helpful about the area. THe breakfast every morning was delicious. We never heard anyone else while in the rooms. THe parking lot was full some times, but it didn't feel like it was. Beds were like clouds...lol. All in all excellent.

• Stayed August 2007, travelled on business