“Two words: BAGUETTE & SCONE”

Kirchoff Deli & Bakery
Ranked #1 of 7 Dessert in Paducah
Price range: US$5 - US$10
Cuisines: Cafe
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Our little downtown is a wonderful place to spend the day. Start your day off here and try the fantastic baguette. It is my favorite I've had anywhere. Crusty outside; chewy inside. Delicious with some cheese, butter and salami.

The scones are absolutely spot-on as well. They're not super-sweet and cakey, like so many tend to be in America. These are more like a dense biscuit. Barely sweet. EXCELLENT with the tea sold at the connected coffee shop.

Sandwiches are very popular here as well. Go early to get the best selection. I want to try their Nawlins bread, but it has been sold out every time I have tried to get it. Last trip, the man in front of me got the last loaf.

Reviewed 15 March 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I took a short drive from Carbondale, IL and found this neat little bakery. It's located in the older, riverfront area of Paducah. I had a chocolate chip cheese cake bar and she had a iced sugar cookie. Both were excellent. The staff was friendly and helpful. I highly recommend.

Reviewed 12 March 2014 via mobile

We went to this deli because it was rated #1 on trip advisor. Our GPS didn't get us there correctly, but this is located one block north of the quilt museum. There are a lot of one way streets in Downtown Paducah, so we just parked near the riverfront and walked there. We arrived around 11 on a Saturday, so it was fairly busy. My husband and I split the chipolte chicken sandwich and I had the pasta salad and he had the potato salad. The sandwiches were huge and filled us up quite a bit. We sat at the front of the deli but there is no way we would miss out number being called. The cooks get loud when its time to get your food. They have a bakery attached and we enjoyed one of their freshly baked cookies on the way out. If you want some coffee, they also have a little coffee shop nestled in the back. Overall, we really enjoyed it and will add it to our list of Paducah favorites.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

This place was recommended to me by a teacher in the area so I decided to visit for lunch. I really was excited about eating here given the uniqueness of the menu but somehow it just didn't come together for me. The place has a New Orleans flare to it and it's in a nice location, right near the Ohio River. I decided on the shrimp Po' Boy and chedder/ horseradish chips. The sandwich was so big, I couldn't even put it in my mouth because it was too full of shrimp. I had to eat the shrimp with a fork and tear the bread with my hands. The shrimp was good (fried...how could you mess that up), sauce was interesting but the bread was really dry and not flavorful. I did get a dessert as well, a "black tie fudge" something or another and it was very good.

Given the overwhelmingly positive reviews, I will try it one more time and of course choose another sandwich option and hope that it will be better. The place was pretty dead on the day I was there. If others had the same experience I had, I can see why.

1  Thank Shycke
Reviewed 5 March 2014

Huge sandwiches, unique specials, just overall good food and atmosphere. Located in historic building with the best bakery in town.