“An Excellent Choice” 4 of 5 bubbles

Max's Brick Oven
Ranked #15 of 196 Restaurants in Paducah
Price range: US$10 - US$40
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Kentucky, United States
“An Excellent Choice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Pros:

We have never had a bad meal at Max's. The food is delicious! The menu is always interesting and served expertly. Love the atmosphere..

Con's:
A bit pricey for where it is. It can also be very crowded in the bar and the dinning room tables are a bit too close for my tastes.

• Visited December 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Mike B

Paducah, Kentucky
“Will Never Eat There Again”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2014 via mobile

It was a very disappointing experience from the time we were seated until we walked out the door.

We arrived with our party of 5, and were seated at a rectangular table in the middle of the room. The noise in the restaurant was overpowering; with tile floors, brick walls, and a hard ceiling. There is nothing on any surface to absorb any sound. My son and daughter's boyfriend were seated 5 feet away, carrying on a conversation with them was not possible. My wife and daughter were 2 feet away and I had to raise my voice so they could hear me.

My daughter's boyfriend and I both ordered the 12 ounce steak, medium rare. What we were served was 6 ounces of fat and 6 ounces of overcooked meat. My wife ordered one of their signature brick oven pizzas, which due to a "mix up on the kitchen", arrived 13 , minutes after the rest of us had been served our food, and about half of the crust was burnt...not overcooked, but black.

When the server asked how things were, I told her the whole meal was very disappointing, and explained the burnt pizza and the overcooked steaks and that they were 50% fat (I am not exaggerating this point). Her response was they cook the pizzas in a brick oven and sometimes they get a little done around the edges...but no attempt to address the steaks. Sounds like the "mix up" was that another server took our pizza. When I pointed put that none of the other, half dozen or so, pizzas within view had burnt edges, she took it off of our bill.

However, no one in a management position came over to see why we were disappointed.

We spent over $25 a person and 3, out of 5, of us left hungry.

I don't usually complain. I just don't go back, and they never know why. When I complained tonight, they didn't seem to care.

I will never go back again!

1 Thank _D_L_0000
“One of My Favorites”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2014

My husband and I have dined here a number of times. The food is always excellent. The only negative thing I have to comment on is the long wait, even with a reservation. Of, course the restaurant is small without the patio. If the weather is not cooperative, all of the reservations from the outside must come inside. So if you want excellent food and a place to sit, I would suggest coming in the summer evenings.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Karen G
Golconda, Illinois
“Dissapointed”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2014

I've eaten here frequently, and always fared very well. The food was delivered less than lukewarm. Not good when you've ordered planked/oven baked salmon, over a bed of cooked spinach and a side of roasted red potatoes. Given the description on the menu you'd think they would be served hot. The kicker is that the place was not busy. My wife's crab cakes were less than warm as well and not up to par for the price paid. Should have known better than to order crab cakes in the Midwest.

• Visited January 2014
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank George T
“Outstanding”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 January 2014

It gets crowded quickly so you better make a reservation. This is one of the hottest spots in Paducah. The food is delicious, great wine selection, great service. It does get a little noisy so be prepared. Come to have fun.

• Visited November 2013