“Best place we ever stayed!”
Review of Drury Inn Paducah

Drury Inn Paducah
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Paducah
Reviewed 13 February 2012

The staff were all so friendly and helpful. The evening and morning hot meals were great. The room was great. We would stay here again for sure.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family

Reviewed 30 December 2011

Rooms were clean, staff extremely friendly and courtious, despite being exhausted from the unnexpected number of guests.

I particulartly liked the 5:30 Kickback, a spread of salad, baked potato, chicken fingers, soup included in the price. Drinks were available for $1.50.

Breadfast was great too. Sausage, eggs, biscuits and gravy, waffles, etc. Another great value. We are definately adding this to our short list of hotels when we travel.

• Stayed: December 2011
Reviewed 19 November 2011

My parents passed away and I stayed here for the planning and attending of the funeral. When the staff heard about this, they all signed a card of sympathy for me and sent flowers. What a caring group.

The suites are large and there is not a bad room in the house.

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms here. I've stayed here many times in the past and have been on both sides...
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
3  Thank karen w
Reviewed 15 November 2011

I recently stayed at this hotel with my parents for a family reunion. They had stayed here before and raved about how nice it was. I was a little cynical and did not believe it could be that nice, but it exceeded my expectations.

First off, the room was nice. It was a little small, but clean. It had a mini-fridge and microwave, which most rooms lack nowadays. It also had a small lcd tv that ACTUALLY had stations in hd. Most hotels have the smaller hd tv's, but make you watch it in standard def. The HD was nice as the world series and college football was on that weekend. The pool and hot tub were the nicest I have stayed at for a hotel this size. The hot tub even turns on automatically when you get into it.

Breakfast was nice and the 5:30 kickback was refreshing. We even got 3 "free" (in Ky, they cannot give alcohol away for free so the drinks were .53 cents) drinks a night. This was extremely nice. In addition, the soda fountain was on 24/7, so we could enjoy a glass of coke or mountain dew at any time.

Finally, the hotel had a Bob Evans on one side and an Outback on the other. Both were within walking distance. This was nice also. We went to the Outback, but not the Bob Evans.

The only con I have is that the bed wasn't the most comfortable ever.

Do I go to Kentucky a whole lot? No. Will I go to this hotel anytime I am visiting family? Absolutely. One of the best easily!

Room Tip: My parents got a pool view room last time. They said it was a little noisy but nice.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 November 2011

Stayed overnight on our way to Kansas City - front desk staff was very friendly as was the breakfast staff & accommodated us even though we were 10minutes past breakfast time.

We traveled with a 1 year old, so we asked for a crib so we wouldn't have to get the pack&play out of the car - well...we got it out of the car...crib mattress was way too thin - no way she was going to sleep on it. Room was a good size - decor was old fashioned - but clean.

Hubby had to wait for 15minutes the next morning for a luggage cart - they need to get more - but besides that...no other issues.

Room Tip: This hotel accepts pets...so next time i'll ask for a room NOT next to a room with a pet - the d...
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 September 2011

We stayed one night while visiting Paducah. I booked the room as a 3 star hotel from Hotwire. I don't think I would rate this as a 3 star. It would be more accurately described as a nice 2 star. There wasn't anything wrong with our stay. The room was clean. The staff was friendly and offered a late check-out if we stayed up too late at the casino. The bed was comfortable. There wasn't a lot of counter space in the bathroom so it was a little tight with my wife and I getting ready at the same time. We didn't use the indoor pool, but it was popular. We saw lots of kids coming and going. It is conveniently located near the interstate. There is an Outback Steakhouse and a Bob Evans within walking distance. It was just about 4 miles to the riverfront downtown area of Paducah and about 10 miles to the casino.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 September 2011

My family recently stayed at the Drury Inn in Paducah, KY. We've stayed at several Drury Inns in the past, and have always had good stays. Based on the reviews provided at Tripadvisor, we were really looking forward to the stay. I'm sorry to say that we were very disappointed with our stay.

The room:
The room was pretty good. The beds were nice, and the room was clean. The air conditioner was very loud but got the job done.

Breakfast:
One of our favorite things about Drury Inns is the included breakfast. This one was extremely lacking. The staff had a very difficult time in keeping the food stocked, and it was not necessarily due to high volumes of people. At one point they were out of everything but yogurt and donuts. (Including juice and milk). Once the food got stocked it was not very good. The scrambled eggs were runny and the sausage was grey, greasy and tasteless. The lone waffle maker had clearly been misused, as it was in desperate need of cleaning. (To the hotel's defense, there was a clearly labeled sign explaining how to run the waffle maker, which patrons clearly either overlooked or refused to follow).

We did not get the opportunity to use the swimming pool, which looked nice. We also arrived too late to take advantage of the drinks and appetizers.

There's not much selection in Paducah, and overall the stay was fine, just not what we were accustomed to at Drury Inns.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank cardswin_cardswin
DruryHotels, Manager at Drury Inn Paducah, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2011

Thank you for responding to our survey. We sincerely apologize that you had a concern during your stay at our hotel. We value your business and sincerely regret that the level of service was not what you expected and deserved.

We truly appreciate your business and hope you will give us additional opportunities to serve your lodging needs.

Debi B.