“Stayed during Paducah Quilt Show”
Review of Courtyard Paducah

Courtyard Paducah
Ranked #24 of 28 Hotels in Paducah
Reviewed 14 May 2014

I was on Country Heritage Tours for our stay in Paducah to attend the Quilt Show. Outstanding staff were VIOLET, who arranged a taxi to take two of us to and from the Moscow Festival Ballet at the Community Arts Centre and HOWARD, who picked seven of us up in town after Eleanor Burns evening. The hotel is on the shuttle bus route, and a taxi out from town was approx. US$7.50. It would be easy to stay here and come and go to the Quilt Show, without being part of an organized group. Our room was pleasant, good shower with plenty of hot water - air conditioning too noisy to sleep - but it was not hot enough for us to need it on overnight. Breakfast was adequate, but I was disappointed to see the use of so much throw away plates / cutlery / cups. Rubbish disposal will become an issue in the future.
However everywhere we visited in the US, throw away was the norm - I think we are a little bit more environmentally conscience in Australia.
Susan, Sydney. Australia

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 11 May 2014

The facility itself was ok, little musty in the hall ways, but otherwise a good Courtyard. All of the people I dealt with during the stay were fantastic to deal with and always were friendly, they had an attention to detail and a real concern for me as a guest. When I return to the area, I will definitely stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

After traveling to MN to FL and back we've stayed at our share of hotels. This one was not one we'd go back to. Room smelt like floor deodorizer, AC unit was louder than it was effective, and there was no continental included. On a positive,the front desk gentleman that checked us in was nice and helpful.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Courtyard_Paducah, General Manager at Courtyard Paducah, responded to this reviewResponded 6 May 2014

I would like to start by thanking you for your feedback. I am very sorry for the inconveniences that you encountered during your visit. It is our goal to provide each guest with the highest level of satisfaction and I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations. I also wanted address the concerns you had with our breakfast. Marriott mandates that Courtyard hotels sell breakfast in our bistro. If you were to stay with us again we have a variety of packages that do include breakfast with them that we would be happy to setup for you as I understand how important breakfast is when choosing a hotel. Thank you again for your comments. We will use this information to improve in all areas.

Andra Chester

Reviewed 29 April 2014

The hotel was outstanding in every way. My company had about 100 guests there and everyone was pleased with how friendly, helpful and professional the staff was throughout the week. Personal thanks to all the wonderful staff members identified here: Front Desk: Cory, Samantha (Sam), Violet, Matt and Rene. Managers: Andra, Nate and Leanna. Maintenance: Howard and Ronnie. Bistro: James C., James S, Amy, Marilee, Rob and Michelle. We can't thank you enough for all the extra services provided and the major effort to make the week special for each one of us.

1  Thank Vicki P
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

The Courtyard was very nice for our one night stay. I loved the black out curtains- they were better than those at any other hotel I've stayed in. They seriously plunged us into complete darkness even though it was still light out and made it easy to get my young kids to get some sleep.

The only negative was that the bistro restaurant wasn't open because an employee hadn't come in to work. So we had to go out for food.

We would definitely stay here again- the rooms were nice and clean and the hotel was quiet.

Stayed: April 2014
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Another great stay at the Courtyard, the hotel is clean and updated, the rooms very comfortable, but what makes this hotel are staff members, Cudos to Samnatha, Ronnie and Howard, and all the housekeepers, THE MANAGEMENT, who go the extra mile to make your stay the Absolute best in Paducah. I used this property for my Christmas trip and will always use the Courtyard on every visit to PADUCAH!!!!!!! Thanks for everything guys!
Pat (driver)

Reviewed 24 April 2014

This hotel has very easy access to I-24, yet is set in an area where you get no interstate or main highway noise. Not exactly the most scenic view, but again you're not looking at the interstate, an airport or industrial park...

The room was very nice, clean and quiet. Not an upscale room, but very functional for an overnight.

The shock in the morning was the lack of a complimentary breakfast bar like most hotels that I would associate with the quality of this one. Instead, they have a bistro with a few menu items and a fairly steep price. There is a coffee maker in the room, but no hot tea bags which is my morning drink of choice. (Matter of fact, I went several places such as gas stations and even a fast food joint with no luck. Closest I finally got was a cup of ice tea, without ice, that was a bit luke warm due to they'd just made it--- I digress, the hotel has no control over this; but apparently hot tea is not a big ticket item in Paducah)

Room Tip: Front or back, I believe the rooms will be about the same. Some have balconies, which is nice if you...
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard_Paducah, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Paducah, responded to this reviewResponded 25 April 2014

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are performing. We use all of the feedback that we receive to make our hotel better everyday. I would also like to thank you for the kind words that you included about our location, room, and staff. We take pride in the level of service we provide and are pleased that you recognized the efforts of our team. I would like to finally offer a sincere apology. Our goal is to delight all of our guests and I am truly sorry that there were aspects of your stay that lowered your level of satisfaction. We will do our best to address your concerns so that you have a better experience the next time you stay with us.

Nathan Vance