“Mini vacation”

Ranked #20 of 29 Hotels in Paducah
Vincennes, Indiana
“Mini vacation”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is wonderful property! Great room, bed was very comfortable! We could relax after a long drive! Breakfast could be better, need more choices. The hotel is in a great location. There is a small park with a walking path, small pond

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sisters2012_12

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was so excited to get a great last minute deal on this property. I was traveling on business in Metropolis, IL and found this hotel nearby for a great rate. I have stayed at many Marriott properties over the years and hold them in great regard. This hotel was very clean and looked very nice. We checked in very late in the evening (as usual) and the staff was not quite what I expected from Marriott. Not really bad but not the extra mile I expected. Among other minor things, when my wife checked out, while I brought the car around, the front desk clerk couldn't pull herself away from the phone (her personal phone) to speak to my wife about our stay. The other disappointment I had was the breakfast, we used to love the Marriott property breakfasts, always willing to pay for them. It may be chain wide, we haven't stayed at a Courtyard for a while, but the "starbucks style" cafe' that was offered was overpriced and underwhelming. We checked it out and opted for McD's. You can see this hotel easily from the highway, but it is a little difficult to find it from the road. As for the quality of the room, furnishings and sleep......usual Marriott quality, very very nice!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank apatt1
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were having a family memorial and had booked 5 rooms. Finding where to turn in to the property was not easy there was not a sign, something that needs to be corrected. All was well at check in, the young woman was very nice and efficient. The property looks nice and there is a park across the street. But looks can be deceiving... The rooms were not that clean and the carpet was filthy.We had a dead roach that was still there after housekeeping serviced the room.
The fun began at 5:00am when the roofers arrived, they started pounding away so sleep was impossible. We complained to the manager but was told there was nothing she could do. So I called the corporate office and lo and behold the roofers did not start till 10:00am the next morning, maybe she should have done that.
I won't even go in to the memorial service that was supposed to be held in the private room but was some how already given to another group. Oh sorry! So, we had it in the lobby. What a terrible and upsetting mess considering we were there to celebrate someones life.
I don't know if this was a franchise or corporate but someone needs to inspect this property.
And maybe a refresher course for the manager....you can find her smoking a cigarette at the front door.

Room Tip: Don't go there!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Jane D
Courtyard_Paducah, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Paducah, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
I really appreciate your taking the time to share your disappointment with your recent experience. I want to personally apologize for the inconveniences that you incurred during your stay.

We want our guest to have the best experience possible where everything exceeds their expectations. I am sorry if that was not the case during your visit. You can be confident that we will follow-up on your concerns so that others are not disappointed as you were.

Thank you for making the effort to share your thoughts. I want you to know that your concerns are our concerns!

Front Office Manager
colorado
Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel is clean, very good staff, and full featured, but? Courtyard has still not figured out that the @#$%& door slamming, not by guests being rude, but they have no resistance or hydraulic slowdown when opening and closing. Who the heck designed these doors and please don't tell me it has to be that way as I stay weeks each year in different hotels and this hotel chain has the noisiest slamming doors. For me who used to frequent Courtyard's quite a bit, this feature has kept me away. I prefer to wake up by an alarm not a door slamming or to not jump every time someone near my room comes and goes

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Courtyard_Paducah, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Paducah, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to let us know about your stay at the Courtyard by Marriott Paducah West and for your kind words about our staff service. I wanted to take a moment to apologize for the inconvenience you experienced with our doors. Your feedback is an essential part of our continued goal of providing each guest with an excellent stay. We will be using your comments to make our hotel a better place to stay for future travelers.

Thank you again!

Front Office Manager
Carbondale, Illinois
Reviewed 24 June 2014

We booked a one-night stay at the Courtyard Marriott for a weekend getaway for my husband and I. The hotel is not right off the highway, so it is a little more secluded than the other hotels near I-24. The road leading to the hotel was not clearly marked, so it was a little hard to find. The front desk clerk was friendly and our check-in went smoothly. We had already read reviews that the hotel does not offer complimentary breakfast, which was fine for us as we had early lunch plans the day of checkout. The hotel is near a nice little park, which seems like it would be great for a picnic.

The king room was nice and spacious with a king bed and pull out sofa. It had a fridge and microwave and a nice size television. The room layout was a bit odd in that the bed faced the window and AC unit and the television was on the dresser to the right of the bed. Not that big of a deal, but I had never seen anything like that before. We were placed in a room right next to the elevator. We probably should have asked to be moved once we realized this, as there were a lot of guests in the hotel over the weekend and the noise became noticeable at times. The room was clean and the beds were comfortable, which was all that mattered to us. We would stay there again.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the elevator
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Murphysboro, Illinois
Reviewed 20 June 2014

we stayed at this place on May 19th as my wife was having back surgery in Paducah early on the 20th. The front desk people at check-in were great, especially James who was training. But the room was not much better than a Motel 6. it had a musty smell, the "in room hot tub" was dirty on the bottom, and the bed was terribly soft...again about what you would expect at Motel 6. the ac was turned on high and it never cooled off...good thing hot summer hadn't started there yet. Before checking out, I thought coffee would at least be free...nope, and the short blonde told me the only free coffee was in my room. she then charged me $2.12. I mean c'mon...$134 a night and have to make my own coffee? They need to watch the LaQuinta or Holiday Inn Express commercials. we were NOT rested at all. I travel a lot for my work. I will stay at Drury Inn or someplace I don't at least have to make my own coffee.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Courtyard_Paducah, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Paducah, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience at the Courtyard by Marriott. I am grateful for your kind words about our service staff and I will be sure to pass your comments along to them. You indicated in your response that your room was unsatisfactory and for that I apologize. I will be following up with the approipriate staff so that we can grow from this experience. I would like to also offer an apology for the frustration you endured with our Bistro. I understand that complimentary lobby coffee is an ammentity that many hotel brands offer, but Courtyard, as mandated by Marriott, is not among them. We do offer, as you say, 24 hour Starbucks service as well as an evening restaurant and bar that the other hotels you mentioned in your response do not. I am very sorry that this did not meet your needs. I can assure you that we will use your feedback as a point of growth so that we may better serve our future guests.

Thank you again!

Paducah, Kentucky
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My family came into town for a visit and had a great experience at this hotel. The staff were knowledgeable and very courteous to my folks. The beds are extremely comfortable and the rooms are very clean. I highly recommend this hotel to everyone!!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family