“Perfect Stay”

Ranked #22 of 29 Hotels in Paducah
Illinois
“Perfect Stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

I stayed here one night while traveling to Chattanooga & had a great stay! I don't stay at many Courtyards, even though I am a loyal Marriott Rewards member, but this one exceeded my expectations. My check-in was very fast & efficient. The gentleman that was working the front desk was very polite & professional.

I had a king room & was great size for the one night I was staying. It had a small fridge & microwave, nice size flat screen TV and sofa sleeper. Bathroom was decent size & the vanity is separate from the shower & toilet.

The location is perfect & off the main road, which was good because that road seemed really busy. There are many restaurants, gas stations, liquor stores & just about anything else nearby.

I would highly recommend this place if needing a place to stay in Paducah!

Stayed August 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (21)
Elburn, Illinois
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

I am a Marriott Vacation Club owner for 15 years and decided to stay here one night. I used 15000 pts to stay at this hotel. For the same amount of points, I could have stayed at the newer Fairfield Inn and Suites which is only a couple miles away. The hotel was fine for the most part. What the Fairfield offers might be a little more family friendly. The beds are larger at the Fairfield, doubles here and queens at the Fairfield plus the Fairfield offers complimentary breakfast whereas this hotel charges extra. There wasn't even an extra mirror in our room which caused a delay in our departure. So, consider the close by Fairfield as an option. Seems you get more for your money, or in my case, more for my points. I would not stay here again based on these reasons. Oh, and the manager was only apologetic, saying it was over her head and there was nothing she could do to accommodate us. Nice way to treat someone who has invested a good deal of money into the Marriott product!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Courtyard_Paducah, Front Office Manager at Courtyard Paducah, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Thank you for your choice to stay with us and for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am extremely sorry that our property did not live up to your expectations as our goal is to provide each guest with a delightful hotel stay. It is true that the Courtyard brand does not provide a complimentary breakfast as mandated by Marriott. There are many benefits associated with our Bistro concept like our 24 hour Starbucks service, variety of food options, and a dinner menu and bar for our guests to enjoy in the evening, however I realize that these are not necessarily a substitution for a complimentary meal.

Thank you again for your feedback! We will be using this in an attempt to grow as a staff.

Nathan Vance
Front Office Manager

Travellers are raving about these Paducah hotels

Denver, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Really enjoyed my stay at the Courtyard in Paducah! This hotel is in a great location and I really appreciated the convenient on-site dining option, high powered hair dryer (this is really important to me!), and lounge feel of the lobby. Free wifi is an excellent plus as well! Clean room, safe feel, great stay!

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Nashville
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

I stay at marriott properties quite frequently. This one is one of my favorites due to the friendliness and compassion of the staff. For instance my key is made before I have to stand at the front desk and check in. It's nice when people know you by name. I also visited the bistro where the guy took great care of us, never leaving our drinks empty. My room was very clean and the grounds are kept up.

• Stayed July 2014
Vincennes, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

This is wonderful property! Great room, bed was very comfortable! We could relax after a long drive! Breakfast could be better, need more choices. The hotel is in a great location. There is a small park with a walking path, small pond

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sisters2012_12
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

I was so excited to get a great last minute deal on this property. I was traveling on business in Metropolis, IL and found this hotel nearby for a great rate. I have stayed at many Marriott properties over the years and hold them in great regard. This hotel was very clean and looked very nice. We checked in very late in the evening (as usual) and the staff was not quite what I expected from Marriott. Not really bad but not the extra mile I expected. Among other minor things, when my wife checked out, while I brought the car around, the front desk clerk couldn't pull herself away from the phone (her personal phone) to speak to my wife about our stay. The other disappointment I had was the breakfast, we used to love the Marriott property breakfasts, always willing to pay for them. It may be chain wide, we haven't stayed at a Courtyard for a while, but the "starbucks style" cafe' that was offered was overpriced and underwhelming. We checked it out and opted for McD's. You can see this hotel easily from the highway, but it is a little difficult to find it from the road. As for the quality of the room, furnishings and sleep......usual Marriott quality, very very nice!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank apatt1
Orlando, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014

We were having a family memorial and had booked 5 rooms. Finding where to turn in to the property was not easy there was not a sign, something that needs to be corrected. All was well at check in, the young woman was very nice and efficient. The property looks nice and there is a park across the street. But looks can be deceiving... The rooms were not that clean and the carpet was filthy.We had a dead roach that was still there after housekeeping serviced the room.
The fun began at 5:00am when the roofers arrived, they started pounding away so sleep was impossible. We complained to the manager but was told there was nothing she could do. So I called the corporate office and lo and behold the roofers did not start till 10:00am the next morning, maybe she should have done that.
I won't even go in to the memorial service that was supposed to be held in the private room but was some how already given to another group. Oh sorry! So, we had it in the lobby. What a terrible and upsetting mess considering we were there to celebrate someones life.
I don't know if this was a franchise or corporate but someone needs to inspect this property.
And maybe a refresher course for the manager....you can find her smoking a cigarette at the front door.

Room Tip: Don't go there!