“Hikers Paradise”

Eagle Falls Resort
Eagle Falls Resort
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Parkers Lake
Reviewed 28 September 2011

Last year, while hiking on the Sheltowee Trace trail, we stopped in to the restraunt for a break out of the cold to find a live bluegrass performance. We stayed late, talking with the locals, getting some history on the place. The owner and his wife offered us free loging in the campground and even offerd to open up a room for us to shower. In the morning, we woke to the best homemade buscuits and gravy I've ever tasted. The hospitality, family atmosphere and good home cooking made this visit a memorable one. Thanks again guys!!

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank scott r

Reviewed 29 June 2011

We've stayed here a couple times every year for the last 10 years, and, yes, there have been several management teams but the motorcycle ride down 68/27 from Dayton, ohio through all that beautiful horse country and "Old Money" Mansions is priceless. Ever since the amusement park burnt down years ago the Resort has struggled for its existance. I'll take this place anytime over any national chain or state lodge. They always save room #2 for us so we can wave at all the other biker's riding down route 90 who come here to enjoy this Grand Place of Americana.

Jack & Leonore Sewell

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2011

We made reservations for this motel several months ago with our motorcycle group. In the meantime, the motel changed hands. It was under new management for just 2 weeks when we got there. So, it wasn't fully running, but the staff couldn't do enough for us. The rates were amazingly low. The attached restaurant was only functional for breakfast and lunches. But again, low prices. This place has a lot of potential. By the way, our GPS put this address 4 miles east of the actual location.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 20 September 2010

Had a group of 7 meet up at this hotel. We stayed 3 nights ourselves. As far as the hotel goes, it's very clean but an older hotel in need of some TLC. I can't say enough about the hotel staff though. They went above & beyond to ensure we had a great stay. The location is great and it's nice that there is a restraunt at the hotel. I can honestly say though, the only way I would stay again would be because of the staff. Don't get me wrong the hotel is nice but like I said in need of TLC. If it were not for the fact that we were meeting others then we would not have picked this particular hotel-now that the weekend is over I am glad we, because it was a nice stay-thanks to the staff. I would recommend this hotel as long as the current staff are still there, because I will personally ask before I book again.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 September 2010

We live about 30 minutes from Eagle Falls Resort but had never been. It is very close to Cumberland Falls. I had some friends who went a few weeks ago to do the zip line so my son and I went to try this Saturday. It was great and the staff was great. We had a great time. Would recommend for anyone. We actually did the zip line twice.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Gsearsg
Reviewed 14 July 2010

After this "resort" changed hands in April 2009, the reviews improved and our group thought we'd found a nice place for our get-together. Little did we know it had changed hands AGAIN and a things were different. Family-owned, obviously....when there's a young girl sitting at the front desk who has to go find an adult for everything.

The rooms were "old" -- old furniture, nasty carpet, uncomfortable beds and the bathrooms were unpleasant with stained tiles, block walls, toilet paper holder with no roller....I think you get the picture. A few rooms have been re-done, but even the one I saw was about the level of a budget hotel...the bathroom in one had a drain in the floor, I guess so it could be "hosed down" for cleaning....ick!

The website for this place is VERY misleading -- besides the lack of refrigerators, phones, etc. the diner is a joke. One morning a member of our group went in at 8 am for breakfast -- they had to wake up the cook! The cook arrived 15 minutes later and 45 minutes after entering the restaurant our friend finally got her omelet. Please note she was the only person in the diner! There were no pop machines, so if you wanted a drink you had to go into the diner....ok if it was open but it was obviously not open 24/7. Needless to say, we found alternatives for our meals, not an easy task since this place is pretty much in the middle of nowhere. Thank goodness for the state park lodge and a small market in a gas station....both just a few miles away.

In the list of amenities below....yes there was a pool (but evidently friends of the family used it more than hotel guests as a car would pull up, a bunch of kids would get out and jump in the pool) and yes, technically there was a restaurant....but that uses the term loosely.

I realize this is a pretty harsh review, but this place DOES have potential! It's in a beautiful area but it needs good management and the money to really fix the place up.

• Stayed: July 2010
3  Thank maicakid
eaglefallsdiner, General Manager at Eagle Falls Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 July 2010

On behalf of of the managment at eagle falls lodge , We apologize for any inconviences that may have arose during your stay. One thing I as the GM would like to respond to is the fact of the swimmers in the pool , at eagle falls lodge we allow our campers to use the pool facilities , who are in the rear of our facilities , We had a large presence that weekend . Once again i apologize for any issues I assure you that if they were at any time brought to our attention they would have been dealt with immediatley . Thank you Eagle Falls Lodge Managment .

Reviewed 18 June 2010

The room smelled like mold and mildew. The shower did not drain. A previous visitor's soap was still in the shower with hair all over it. There was scum all over the bottom of the shower. No coffee pot. TV made horrible noise the whole time. No wi-fi as advertised. Not even a phone in the room. Pretty crappy. I would NEVER go there again. Wasted our money big time!

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank UnhappyGuest027

Been to Eagle Falls Resort? Share your experiences!