“Awesome, some new information to some of our group”
Review of Creation Museum

Creation Museum
Paoli, IN
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Awesome, some new information to some of our group”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

A unique attraction, rather expensive but worth saving up for (24 to 30 dollars). You get two days for one price also, and to really do the museum well, two days are needed. New attraction coming in two to three years: Noah's Ark, built to Biblical proportions with a large area of attractions surrounding it, also tastefully, Biblically to be done. Purpose not to make money, although investments are going to be used wisely, but the creators of the museum/ark want to present accurate and timely information in an enjoyable format. My parents, age 89 and 92, were very impressed and learned a lot to think about. Lots of places to rest, too, for them.

2 Thank Karen C

Crothersville, Indiana
18 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Intended to make you think”
Reviewed 25 October 2013

Each time my family visits we find something new here that gives us pause to think. The admission price includes 2 consecutive days' admission. We can't speak of the gardens or petting zoo since it was cold the day we visited and didn't try to see these things. Some of the displays pose questions with no answers, they are intended to make you think for yourself and come to your own conclusions. The Dragon Invasion that has been advertised on billboards in the region are somewhat misleading as the only dragon information presented is in the entry hallway before you actually enter the museum. The Insectorium exhibit shows many examples of insects, many of which I'm thankful that I don't live in the same part of the world as! There is also currently a display of early American Bibles.

3 Thank Pam J
Midlothian
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“What an eye-opening visit!”
Reviewed 24 October 2013

Loved entire museum experience. Petting zoo was average, Outdoor gardens were just fair because we visited in October. Coming from VA, will do it again when Noah's Ark is completed.

1 Thank babydux2
Indianapolis, Indiana
29 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Very Informational, but Not for Kids under 12”
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This museum was a bit of a let down for me, but maybe because so many people I know showered it with praise. I guess I expected more. I did have a friend warn me that it was very boring for younger children, however, the tickets we received were a gift. If it had been me purchasing the tickets, I would have found a sitter for my younger four(ages 18 mos, 4, and twins that are 8) and taken only our 13 year-old. Nearly this entire museum is a walk-through. There are exactly 2 activities for kids during this 1 1/2 hour walk. The first segment was a disappointment. It felt a little cheesy, however, my 13-year-old thought it very cool. There were elaborate sets where there were a bunch of questions posted on the walls with no answers. I think that maybe this was supposed to get you thinking about evolution versus creation and what the answers could be, but it was just unnecessary. The rest of the walk-through includes life-size and miniature replicated scenes from the Bible, maps, and lots of videos. Every section included several posted plaques with information. Surprisingly, the information on the plaques wasn't very in depth. It just gave basic facts. It felt like a school lesson; I didn't really learn anything knew, but my 13-year-old did. The most interesting part was the Insectorium. There were hundreds of real insect specimen to observe. My younger children really enjoyed that.
The grounds around the museum are very nice. There is a large area to eat your lunch outside and plenty of shelter houses if you'd like to eat in the gardens. The kids were grateful to finally get outside and run around a bit. They were also very excited to find the petting zoo. We probably spent 45 minutes there so that our kids would feel like they enjoyed something
about the museum.
Unfortunately, I feel that the price of the ticket is WAY over what it was worth. In Indianapolis, we have a similar evolutionary-based museum that is much more interesting than this and it cost only $14 per person ($7 for kids under 12). The general admission tickets to the Creation Museum covers 2-day admission (it seems it's more incentive to pay the higher price). We didn't even need a full day to cover everything the museum had to offer. Plus everything outside the museum is free (aside from the zip-line and camel rides).
In conclusion, I will not be returning to this museum unless someone else is paying for it or there is major renovation. I'm skeptical about their project on The Ark. If this museum displays the limits of their creativity, The Ark Experience is going to be nothing but a giant disappointment.

1 Thank 162rachelv
North Port, Florida
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Inspirational Visit”
Reviewed 16 October 2013

We spent 2 days touring the Creation Museum. October is a great month to visit. No waiting in lines. The gardens are beautiful. This is our second time to visit the museum and we always discover something new. Staff very helpful and presentations and films are brilliant. We are looking forward to Noah's Ark being finished which I understand will be nearby. Restaurant had good food and reasonable prices. We did a lot of reading at our own pace. .

1 Thank Gillette D