“Christian Tourist Trap”

Creation Museum
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My hopes were not super high when friends wanted to check the Creation Museum out ... and it still fell flat. Save your money and go to the Museum of the Bible in Washington DC or go visit the horse farms and other things in the area. The line was long and we walked single file through the entire exhibit hall. There was no room to stop and ponder or watch the videos along the way. It also felt that every few steps they were selling one of their own products and pushing it on you. At least at Disney, you expect it and it’s not even as blatant as it is here ... I know, WOW! The video programs are cheesy Christian. I’m a Christian journalist and I hate it when Christians settle for subpar entertainment simply because it has the word Christ in it. We have the ability to give quality work, so demand it. The zip line is pretty short. The camel rides are in a circle around a pen. Food, drinks and snacks are expensive. My advice, spend the day in the National parks in the area and experience God’s creation up close and personal.

1  Thank sprenklesue
Write a ReviewReviews (1,700)
All reviews
in 33 reviews
"great place to visit"
in 31 reviews

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

What an inspiring place to visit!I especially love the book store. I never leave withou picking up book or two. I also appreciate the care that was taken on telling the Creation story.The staff are friendly and helpful. Don't miss spending some time on the garden and pettin zoo.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

My kids are 9 and 11 we loved it here! Alot of dinosaurs loved the garden of eden! Everything is so life like it took us just a couple if hours to go around.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Worth every penny. Very well done and very informative. Well organized. Top notch displays with excellent information provided with every display. Very clear with well displayed gift area and eating areas. Were there at opening on Sunday morning. When we left shortly after lunch it was getting quite busy. Going early is a plus.